This is how I Cruise!

killtheump

My wife and I love to cruise. We cruise about every 2 years. Every cruise we have been on was very enjoyable! About 20 years ago I found out if "I don't sweat the small stuff" life is really great! I only worry about the things that that I can change. ME! Found out I cannot change people, places and things. I can only control my actions not others. So since then my life has been much much better and easier. So when we cruise I really do not care what people are doing that does not affect me. I always wear a suit on formal nights. Nice pants and shirt on the other nights. I have never wore shorts or tshirts into dinner. Have I seen others wear that yes but my meal was great and other people did not bother me.

We always sit on the deck above the pool always chairs there, so chair hogs don't affect us. When we go to shows in the theater we sit in the balcony 1st row above the stage right side. We have sat in the same seats on 6 cruises never anyone up there. We have watched arguments over saving seats below quite comical. I have never had a bad meal in the MDR some are better than others but never a bad one. I do not go to the smoking side of the ship and cover my nose & mouth and make sarcastic remarks to smokers. I go to the other side where there is no smoking. If smoke is bothering my wife or I we go some where else. (Big Ship!) Now RC is not sending out luggage tags.OMG! I guess I will have to print them out or have the porters put them on. How long are they really needed on my luggage. If someone pays to have luggage holders good for them, also if they decide to have the porters put them on good for them. I have already prepaid our tips for our upcoming Allure Cruise and I may even tip more if I get good service. I have only cruised Royal Carribean that is because I have never had a bad cruise so I do not know if other lines are better, don't really care because I do like Royal. I work in the service industry and treat the staff the way I like to be treated in my world. I believe that if all the American Service Companies trained their people like Royal does things would be much smoother. Try talking to your cell provider or cable provider.

I guess this is just my little rant take it any way you want but I already know that on Nov. 25 - Dec. 2 I will be relaxed and enjoying time with my wife. Life is hectic vacations are there to enjoy!

My wife and I love to cruise. We cruise about every 2 years. Every cruise we have been on was very enjoyable! About 20 years ago I found out if "I don't sweat the small stuff" life is really great! I only worry about the things that that I can change. ME! Found out I cannot change people, places and things. I can only control my actions not others. So since then my life has been much much better and easier. So when we cruise I really do not care what people are doing that does not affect me. I always wear a suit on formal nights. Nice pants and shirt on the other nights. I have never wore shorts or tshirts into dinner. Have I seen others wear that yes but my meal was great and other people did not bother me.

We always sit on the deck above the pool always chairs there, so chair hogs don't affect us. When we go to shows in the theater we sit in the balcony 1st row above the stage right side. We have sat in the same seats on 6 cruises never anyone up there. We have watched arguments over saving seats below quite comical. I have never had a bad meal in the MDR some are better than others but never a bad one. I do not go to the smoking side of the ship and cover my nose & mouth and make sarcastic remarks to smokers. I go to the other side where there is no smoking. If smoke is bothering my wife or I we go some where else. (Big Ship!) Now RC is not sending out luggage tags.OMG! I guess I will have to print them out or have the porters put them on. How long are they really needed on my luggage. If someone pays to have luggage holders good for them, also if they decide to have the porters put them on good for them. I have already prepaid our tips for our upcoming Allure Cruise and I may even tip more if I get good service. I have only cruised Royal Carribean that is because I have never had a bad cruise so I do not know if other lines are better, don't really care because I do like Royal. I work in the service industry and treat the staff the way I like to be treated in my world. I believe that if all the American Service Companies trained their people like Royal does things would be much smoother. Try talking to your cell provider or cable provider.

I guess this is just my little rant take it any way you want but I already know that on Nov. 25 - Dec. 2 I will be relaxed and enjoying time with my wife. Life is hectic vacations are there to enjoy!

Hi neighbor. There should be more of you. I try and be agreeable too. We cruise a few times a year and have no complaints and have met a lot of great people. Enjoy your cruising.

Jan

Hi neighbor. There should be more of you. I try and be agreeable too. We cruise a few times a year and have no complaints and have met a lot of great people. Enjoy your cruising.

Jan

I have something to add tho, when the Cubs fans come to a Brewer game, oh my. ;)

Jan

LOVE IT!

How refreshing, I love this post!

Thanks so much for showing that not everyone has a complaint.

I've always tried to take the "don't sweat the small stuff" approach, but my daughter does it best. She had an outdoor wedding, the DJ for the reception was going to bring music for her walk down the aisle. He couldn't find the place. While the rest of us were panicking, cause you do want this event to be "perfect", she said not to worry, we won't have music. I had all the guests hum 'here comes the bride' while she walked down the aisle. She loved it, had the biggest smile on her face. Everyone remembers that moment.

Now THAT is not sweating the small stuff.

Thanks again.

We cruise very much like that. It is a lot easier than getting all bent out of shape about things. I have only been on 3 cruises and I can't remember anything bad about any of them. I also consider myself so fortunate to be able to go on cruises that I try to enjoy every minute of the time I have on board. If I ever get jaded about it, I will find another way to spend my money and time.

I guess I should consider myself lucky that I don't have any experience with cruising in the good old days to compare with cruising now. I think cruising now is fabulous.

]I have something to add tho, when the Cubs fans come to a Brewer game, oh my. ;)

Or a White Sox Game!lol I do get mad at Sox games but try not to let it linger too long. Back in 1983 we went up to Milwaukee for a Sox - Brewers series. We had a great time tailgating with the Brewer Fans. It was a great weekend! We had a lot of good natured ribbing. Back in those days The Brewers were in the American League so back than they did share our dislike for The Cubs. It took a few years and a league change for The Brewer Fans to understand our feelings! Lol

Life is hectic vacations are there to enjoy!

Probably one of the nicest posts I have had the opportunity to read on CC in a long time.

Good to know people are still able to find the good things in life.

You make me want to be more objective and not too critical:rolleyes:.

Safe travels

Sue and crew

Funny how some look at life...and cruising....so glad there are many that click off the "Whine factor" when they get on a ship.....

In all our years of cruising, we had one major hiccup....it was a ship's crew problem...it did not get resolved....it occurred early on in the cruise....we just let it go...still had a great time!!!!

And did not come back to CC and rant about it.....in 70 days we get to practice enjoying yet another cruise vacation!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! This is how I like to spend my vacations as well. We had an "experience" in the Windjammer immediately after getting on Majesty last weekend, when a woman decided she didn't like how my friend's chair was situated at our table. Instead of fighting with her, we moved our whole table and all 6 chairs to accommodate her. Not only did we not let it bother us, I think she was embarrassed about making such a big to do about it. We had a fabulous lunch. :)

I like the way you think. If we all thought that way life would be so much better. Just one thing wrong, go CUBS...j/k I know you will have a great cruise, cheers.

]I have something to add tho, when the Cubs fans come to a Brewer game, oh my. ;)

Or a White Sox Game!lol I do get mad at Sox games but try not to let it linger too long. Back in 1983 we went up to Milwaukee for a Sox - Brewers series. We had a great time tailgating with the Brewer Fans. It was a great weekend! We had a lot of good natured ribbing. Back in those days The Brewers were in the American League so back than they did share our dislike for The Cubs. It took a few years and a league change for The Brewer Fans to understand our feelings! Lol

Oh, I agree my son-in-law took my DH to a cubs game and it was interesting to sat the least. :) Those cub fans sure love their cubs.

Jan

That's the spirit! More people should have this attitude. I too am in the service industry and deal with some really demanding and unreasonable clients. With that positive "live and let live" attitude you naturally have a good time.

Wish we could bottle that and pass around to the negative folks.

Have a great cruise..I know you will. :)

Terrific post!!

You are exactly the type of person I like to cruise with. . . hope our paths cross someday!

Have a great cruise.:)

That's about how I feel about everything in life, and especially on vacation.

Before I joined CC, I naively thought that everyone else on the ship was having as fantastic a time as I was and had no idea there was anything to complain about. I was blissfully unaware that any of the things listed were issues.

I won't let my newly found knowledge effect my voyage on the Oasis next month. I plan to see everything in the positive light that I always have.

I AGREE. What a great post. If you don't like the WJ, don't go; if you don't like the MDR, don't go; if you don't like the big ships, don't go. There are so many wonderful experiences on cruise ships today, there is something for everyone. We cruise with the kids so it is either spring break or Thanksgiving. Both packed times on a ship. Live and let live, pick the things you enjoy most, avoid those things you don't like, but most important treasure the time with family and create memories. Thank you for posting and enjoy your cruise!

Hello We have been on 29 cruises and loved everyone. We totally agree with you.

Archived