This is how I Cruise!

killtheump

Great attitude, wish all cruisers were like this.

Of course, then we would all be fighting over the seats a deck up from the pool, in the 1st row of the balcony, etc. :cool:

All kidding aside, we like to approach vacations this way as well, DH has a very stressful job and it usually takes him the week to get to this point, me on the other hand, if I am on vacation nothing much else matters!

Funny, we had been on 15+cruises before I discovered CC, until then I had no idea I should be so stressed over chair hogs, dress in the MDR, food, etc. Seriously, I'm always amazed by the number of what seem like angry people on CC who complain about their cruise experience but continue to cruise. But I have to admit, these are the people whose posts are so much fun to read!

We just got off the monarch last week and I am still depressed! LOL

Sherri

That's the spirit! More people should have this attitude. I too am in the service industry and deal with some really demanding and unreasonable clients. With that positive "live and let live" attitude you naturally have a good time.

Wish we could bottle that and pass around to the negative folks.

Have a great cruise..I know you will. :)

Bottle it? Do you think people would try to smuggle it on?

What a great post and great attitude for life, we could all take a lesson from you. I agree with you 100%.

Since I lost my husband at age 56 I am always saying don't sweat the small stuff to my kids and anyone else that will listen. I really try to be this way all the time, but sometimes it is hard. But when I go on the Oasis (solo for the first time) in 12 days I will not let anyone spoil my cruise.

Amen to that Snowflake. Ever since I watched my parents go...at 56 and 57, I have never said I don't care to so much obviously insignificant stuff in my life. I probably would have freaked out prior to those events. I tell people, watch what I watched and then tell him how important _______ is to you. It's not. I'm going to joke around, be sarcastic and have a good time, because who the heck knows when it's going to end. :)

Actually thought that " killtheump" was my name after umpiring baseball for 20 years. Killtheump was one of the better ones I was called!;)

Hmmm, don't know what my dad's nickname would have been. He umped plenty of my games and parents hated him. He volunteered to do it if the paid ump couldn't make it. He struck me out, with pleasure mind you, many times.

His nickname for the parents who complained...I cannot type on Cruise Critic and not expect to be banned from the board for life if I posted it. :D

Actually thought that " killtheump" was my name after umpiring baseball for 20 years. Killtheump was one of the better ones I was called!;)

That explains your great attitude. After 20 years of umping a lot could roll off your back.

I share your philosophy. I have a couple more. I try to remember when I travel that I am a guest and look for cultural differences, celebrate and learn from them. If I did not experience differences in cultures, food, history or philosophies there would be no reason to leave home. We always try to connect with someone local whether a merchant in a European market, a staff member on a ship, a fellow passenger on a train in Japan or the homeless children in Cairo. If you can break through the language barriers, these have always been great memories. I try real hard when visiting a foreign land to break what some might consider the classic American stereotype. While the scenery, history and food can be overwhelming at many cruise locations. It is the culture and cultural differences and connecting with people that make foreign travel rewarding for us.

This is a lovely thread. Perhaps we should all go on a cruise as a group. LOL

Just think how much better the boards (and the world) would be if people would just not

sweat the small stuff.

The above things mentioned are so much more beneficial to everyone who reads them;

I feel as if I've listened to a sermon!

Recently the boards seem too have so much unhappiness that I find them depressing

sometimes.

Thanks to all of you who posted on this very positive thread.

Cruzin Lady

She could have moved over. He saved her butt...twice' date=' painted her portrait for free, and they did...other things. She owed it to him. :p :D[/quote']

Good point she could have at least lashed him to that peice of driftwood!:eek:

This is the outlook we have when we cruise. We have cruised 30 times and have not had a bad one yet. We are on vacation on a cruiseship going to beautiful destinations. We also sit one deck up from the pool...looking out over the great blue ocean! In 6 weeks we will be on the Explorer heading to Bermuda. Cannot wait to get back on Explorer....she was our first RC cruise!

We feel the same way. Love sitting on the deck above the pool soaking in that ocean air and the beautiful sea. My husband or I have never had a bad cruise. We will be on the same sailing as you.

Enjoy :)

Hey killtheump,

Love your attitude! And I'd enjoy sitting next you at the ballpark or on a lounger aboard any ship.

I'm a Cub fan & I hope the White Sox keep on winning this season.

Best wishes!

A die hard Cub fan

Let's go Cubbies!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (please forgive typos)

Archived