Wine - can you save the remainder of a bottle

jenny2865

I've heard, can't remember where, that on RCI they won't let you re-cork and save a bottle for dinner the next night. If this true - will affect my decision to buy a package or not.

Absolutely. They will re-cork the bottle each night and have it on the table for you the following nights. I've even had them send it to the specialty restaurant where we'll be dining the next night.

No this is not true. The waiter will re-cork the bottle and hold it for your next visit. Also, if your next meal is at a specialty restaurant, you may ask the waiter there and he will bring the saved bottle to your table.

This is part of a reply from guest relations ref to the wine package, I asked if the wine package could be in my room

" while you are unable to consume the wine package in your stateroom, you will be allowed to take any open bottle of wine from the dining room to your room for consumption and, should you have any unused bottles, they will be remitted to you on the last day of the cruise for you to take home with you"

We drink 1/2 bottle at dinner and they hold it for the following night. We had one bottle moved from the MDR to Chops one night also. We didn't even ask, but when our waiter asked about holding it, we told him we had Chops reservations and he told us he'd make sure it went there for us. We didn't have the wine package, but they will do it either way.

This is part of a reply from guest relations ref to the wine package, I asked if the wine package could be in my room

" while you are unable to consume the wine package in your stateroom, you will be allowed to take any open bottle of wine from the dining room to your room for consumption and, should you have any unused bottles, they will be remitted to you on the last day of the cruise for you to take home with you"

while they will not deliver them to the cabin, you can certainly get one in the dining room and take it back with you (full.....) along with glasses...and an opener...been there done that... ;)

This was our experience on the Brilliance of the Seas in July.

We had a 12 bottle wine package and the following was our applied in our case. 1. We were able to take the remainder of a bottle with glasses from the Dining Room to our stateroom.

2. We requested and were given a whole bottle and glasses from the restuarant staff and took it to our stateroom.

3. On two occasions we requested bottles ( from our package) from room service and they were delivered to our stateroom. I would add this was on a Norwegian Fjords cruise, perhaps the "rules" are different in other areas!

Archived