New York City to Montreal on Navigator-sept 24 to oct 4--live

RachelG

Time for another live report, this time from a fall trip on navigator.

We flew into NYC yesterday on AA. I was a little worried given he recent pilot slow downs, but TUL-DFW was right on time. DFW-LGA was delayed by about 30 minutes because of "a broken light". Yeah, right, whatever.

Spent the night at the Hilton fashion district, which was a great value for NYC, and very new and clean. Easy to get around. Had dinner at Eataly which is a huge emporium of Italian food, quite good but hectic.

Went to the World Trade Center 9-11 memorial this am. Very somber but impressive. I highly recommend.

Then my husband had to work as he had a settlement conference to go to, so I shopped at Macy's and found some good deals.

We embarked at 3:30 which is the latest ever for us, but there was absolutely no line. Just walked right on.

Muster drill was at 5:15, so I had just enough time to make spa apps to use up our very nice OBC plus exchange a couple of tour tickets.

Muster is much more serious now. They really do expect you to pay attention. Had to stand out on deck for awhile, which would be ok except the lady in front of us had the world's strongest perfume so I kept sneezing.

Our suite is perfect, and our cabin stewardess is sweet as can be. Ray soliare is CD. Captain is Daniel green from Sweden.

Dinner at Prime 7 was really good. I had the portobello mushroom appetizer, beet salad, and Dover sole ( who could guess). All perfect. Goerge had shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad, and lobster plus lamb chops. Lamb chops were a little over done, but he said tasted great. Lobster was better than on previous visits to prime 7, not overcooked at all. Plus we met again one of our favorite sommeliers, roxana from Romania. She is a doll.

Sail away is at 9. I am looking forward to being out on deck to see the sights.

Hope you all will come along for the trip, and be sure to ask any questions along the way. I know some people don't really like navigator, but I like the smaller size and intimacy of the ship.

Rachel, thanks so much for posting. My husband and I will be on the same cruise in October. We are really looking forward to any and all information you provide. We're particularly interested in the excursions and the weather!

We've been on the Voyager and the Mariner, but never on the Navigator. We received our docs a couple of weeks ago which makes it seem like it really will be happening soon.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know all the ins and outs of NYC to Montreal.

Hi Rachel

Thanks for posting and taking us along! We are looking forward to this same cruise next month.

A couple of questions--

Did you take a cab or use a car service from Manhatten to the Brooklyn port? If so, can you remember the cost and how long it took to get to the pier?

Also, if you spot our favorite waiter, Alberto, on board could you please let me know? We so enjoy him.

Thanks, and have a wonderful time!

Rachel, I have had one week at home since my Mariner cruise. Suffering from "cruise letdown" so looking forward to your reports. I have been on the Navigator twice so am familiar with the ship and will be interested to see if there have been any changes since 2010. Elsie

Rachel

Forgot to ask---was there a block party? Thanks so much for taking time to post!

side note to xrvl--Thanks for the info. Did not realize our cruise was the only one leaving from Brooklyn. Are we going to miss a lot of the "sights" on sailaway? Never been to NYC, so the country bumpkins are looking forward to this trip!:)

Sheltieluv,

I've never been to the Brooklyn port so I don't know . . . I can fine out when I'm on board - a couple I know who sail on Cunard leave from there and will be on the Navigator.

Threechicks (Elsie): the Navigator was in dry dock in the Spring so there are bound to be some changes . . . I haven't clue what was done.

Rachel

Forgot to ask---was there a block party? Thanks so much for taking time to post!

side note to xrvl--Thanks for the info. Did not realize our cruise was the only one leaving from Brooklyn. Are we going to miss a lot of the "sights" on sailaway? Never been to NYC, so the country bumpkins are looking forward to this trip!:)

We sailed from Brooklyn on Princess. Passed very near the Statue of Liberty and under the Verrazano Bridge. After Venice it was our favorite.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived