be honest...

mikeblum

Hmmmm. So many purrfect people:rolleyes: I take home the "goodies". The shampoos, soaps etc. They are there to use and are factored into the cruise pricing. They make good souvenirs and I put some in the guest bathroom. Usually take a face towel too or the journey home...slap my hand:p.

The toiletries are ok but the face towel is stealing, no two ways about it. You need more than a slap on the hand...... think you're cute?:rolleyes: Too bad they don't have time to keep track of the towels so you could be charged for it.

The toiletries are ok but the face towel is stealing, no two ways about it. You need more than a slap on the hand...... think you're cute?:rolleyes: Too bad they don't have time to keep track of the towels so you could be charged for it.

I shall look for 75 cents on my cruise bill in future:rolleyes: Wonder what the cost would be of all those passengers stuffing food into their bags at breakfast:confused:

I think some of you are too good to be true:)

I shall look for 75 cents on my cruise bill in future:rolleyes: Wonder what the cost would be of all those passengers stuffing food into their bags at breakfast:confused:

I think some of you are too good to be true:)

Seems to grate on you to find that there really are honest people in the world. Unforntunately there are many like you but at least they all don't go around admitting what they do.....very crass.

I only started taking the toiletries after I had to run back into our room for my DH's hat. I saw the cabin stewart throwing out the little bottles I had left on the shelf. I was surprised and told him, "oh no, those were not used". He said they must throw them all out because someone could have put something else in them and left them by accident. I guess if the next passenger poured what they thought was shampoo on the their heads and discovered someone smuggling ketchup home had refilled the bottle it would be a quite a problem. So now I take what is left and donate what I can not use myself.

Seems to grate on you to find that there really are honest people in the world. Unforntunately there are many like you but at least they all don't go around admitting what they do.....very crass.

Lighten up:D If everyone on cruises only took a facecloth the cruiselines would be very happy. As someone said what about people smuggling alcohol bcause they are too mean to pay ships prices. I am sure they would prefer us who buy wine and cocktails every evening to someone who buys a few sodas and drinks their crafty booze in their cabins!

Not stealing but has anyone ever looked around at food brought from the buffet and wasted...it really does stick in your throat:mad:

Lighten up:D If everyone on cruises only took a facecloth the cruiselines would be very happy. As someone said what about people smuggling alcohol bcause they are too mean to pay ships prices. I am sure they would prefer us who buy wine and cocktails every evening to someone who buys a few sodas and drinks their crafty booze in their cabins!

I'm light enough....thank you very much. Just weighed at the Dr. this morning.:p:D

Not stealing but has anyone ever looked around at food brought from the buffet and wasted...it really does stick in your throat:mad:

It's not only food brought from the buffet and wasted, it's also the amount left on plates in the buffet.:mad:

I am far from perfect but I DO NOT steal. Never, ever.

I was taught not to do it. I figure what comes around, goes around.

I think I like you.:)

The original poster child.....of this thread....didn't welcome bashing.

Pretty sad and pathetic, that someone would proudly announce their unworthiness,

on this site. And then expect that he would receive the "admiration" of all, for

his criminal efforts.

I guess because I served as a police officer for over 30 years, I have a different

perspective on life?

Taking a cruise-- as the original poster child does, solely with the intention of

STEALING as many "unpaid souveneirs" from the ship....................

The title of this is BE HONEST. Obviously the poster never has learned the meaning

of the word.

I forgot to say....those face towels I have taken I launder them and sew the squares into a quilted bathsheet and donate it to the poor.;)

I wonder if there are any statistics as to how much loss a cruiseline such as Cunard loses each year!

I forgot to say....those face towels I have taken I launder them and sew the squares into a quilted bathsheet and donate it to the poor.;)

I wonder if there are any statistics as to how much loss a cruiseline such as Cunard loses each year!

Ahhhhhhhhhh! The Robin Hood defense!!!! :rolleyes:

I wonder? Many responders throw up their arms and say 'I don't take anything from the cruise line'.

My question. 'Do some of these same cruisers book tours privately, not through the Line, thus 'stealing' far far more from the cruise lines than say, a bar of soap?

Think about it.

john

I wonder? Many responders throw up their arms and say 'I don't take anything from the cruise line'.

My question. 'Do some of these same cruisers book tours privately, not through the Line, thus 'stealing' far far more from the cruise lines than say, a bar of soap?

Think about it.

john

Ok, I thought about it.

Dumb comparison. Really dumb.

Think about it.

I thought about it, and it is not the same thing. Booking a private tour does not take any money out of their pocket. It only lowers total sales and does not leave them into a deficit since it's not money they paid out and expected a return on. They are not the tour companies employers so in the end they only pay for the services that they use. They cancel tours that don't have enough people signed up regularly. If we were stealing then they would be paying the tour companies for any slots not filled.

Why would anyone want to steal either the towels or the face cloths? Just imagine how many people have used them, and which parts of their anatomy they might have wiped with them and its enough to turn you off using them for life - let alone stealing them.

I hate face cloths in hotels or on ships - just wouldn't want to use them on my face not knowing what part of the previous guest they had been used on.

Anyway, face cloths and towels are so cheap to buy in the USA I usually go home with a suitcase full of lovely fresh new fluffy ones from Target.

We were quite happy to 'log out' our pool towels on Oasis of the Seas. Seemed an eminently sensible way to keep track of these towels, and it really wasn't a hassle. Was actually quite shocked when we went on Crown Princess that the towels were not checked in and out. Though why anyone would want to bring one of these rather tatty and well used striped monstrosities home I cannot imagine. These people must have pretty dire towels at home to make it worthwhile stealing them. Maybe they dry the dog on them.;)

I do like the pens they leave you in hotels or on ships, though, and they bring back memories when I use them at home.

Okay - you caught me!

On the last cruise, I liked the "comfortable" sofa bed in our stateroom SO MUCH that I just took it off the ship with me. Put a luggage tag on it and set it in the hallway... and the crew just took it down, no questions.

:D :D :D

In all seriousness, I honestly can't think of anything worth stealing on a cruise ship. Maybe people switch out their pillows with the fluffy ones in the stateroom? That's the worst I can think of. They charge you if you take their robes.

I used to always take the toiletries with me (I don't consider this stealing because they're there for you to use). But now my guest bathroom is full of tiny toiletries that no one ever uses. Now I only take the pretty toiletries... the Disney soaps are really cute.

Yes there are some pretty awful toiletries. Worse I remember is the Eucalyptus shampoo on Princess. Smells awful and leaves the hair dreadful.

A week or so ago a cruise passenger from New Jersey was taken to court in Bermuda and thrown off the ship. He stole a copy of a Rembrandt...probably from one of those crass art sales:D

Yes, I have a collection from several lines of those plastic drink stirers. We use them all the time when serving mixed drinks and they always lead to some great conversation. As they throw them away when the drink is finished, I don't consider that "stealing". And I have a huge collection of menus from "the olden days" when the menus were dated and obviously never reused. On the top it would say something like: "January 28, 1984 - S/S "whatever" - en route to Barbados"

It's kinda' sad if you think of it.....most of the workers on the ship who hail from 3rd world poorer countries seem to be more "honest" than those who come from the lands of excess........I can imagine some of the stories they return home and tell to friends and family........:cool:

It's kinda' sad if you think of it.....most of the workers on the ship who hail from 3rd world poorer countries seem to be more "honest" than those who come from the lands of excess........I can imagine some of the stories they return home and tell to friends and family........:cool:

Oh, that's a ridiculous statement.

1. All we know (or should know) of them is their professional side.

2. Why should we be any "better" than them?

3. There are plenty of cruiseline scandal stories.

Archived