Insurance: Am I allowed to suggest a good provider?

room010

Not sure about the board rules on recommending a company who seem to be on the ball with very ccompetitive rates, especially for seniors. Can someone clarify please?

you can mention insurance companies

OK then, it's 1 Choice (online and via phone). I was quoted $49 and my 81 going on 40yr old father $150. True, we don't have any serious pre existing health issues but many insurance companies just aren't interested in seniors his age so I thought $150 was very reasonable. He had to pay MUCH more on previous cruises with other companies. Each person will have different circumstances of course so quotes will differ but overall it seems like a good deal.

OK then, it's 1 Choice (online and via phone). I was quoted $49 and my 81 going on 40yr old father $150. True, we don't have any serious pre existing health issues but many insurance companies just aren't interested in seniors his age so I thought $150 was very reasonable. He had to pay MUCH more on previous cruises with other companies. Each person will have different circumstances of course so quotes will differ but overall it seems like a good deal.

Thanks, will keep them in mind for next time. My congratulations to your Dad, 81 and no pre existing....wow:)

Jen

SO SORRY!!!! It's

1 COVER, not Choice :o

Maybe my DNA isn't so good after all. Apologies again. How embarrassment.

1 cover is not the best for over 60's....we had a yearly policy with them a few years back but they cut it out for seniors....i think there's cheaper ones out there

We have an annual policy with Travel Insurance Direct. :) Another insurance to consider is the 'free' one with credit cards. This covers people up to age 80. A certain amount of the overall trip cost has to be paid on the card and this amount varies terribly, depending on the bank. With our ANZ card we have to put at least $250 on the card.

Of course it depends how much cover you're comfortable with. We prefer as comprehensive as possible to include cancellation for any reason, lost bags, theft, full medical cover (including medivac if necessary), missed flights, and so on. I don't think $150 for an 81yr old is too bad at all. Several companies we asked wont touch anyone over 75, let alone 80.

Anyway, I'm just putting it out there. It's up to everyone to do their own due diligence.

Please make sure you read (and understand!) all of the policy conditions and exclusions.

It's too late once a claim has been made, you can't say "I didn't know that".

Remember, all insurance policies have some kind of exclusions/limitations ;-D

We use Budget Direct Insurance (Mondial) had a $17000 claim with them for March last year, cancelled flights, cruise, land travel, rail travel, South America, USA/Canada. They paid the lot, albeit after the doctors reports went to and fro. They even paid up for unused Brazil visas. Their premiums were quite competitive too.

Archived