How to post pictures ??

IflyWithDi

I tried to post a photo & it didn't work and then I tried to delete it and that also didn't work. Not having a great day with my computer.

Allan

You'll get it!

For the link you posted earlier, click on it to pull up the photo, then just copy the "IMG" code on the right. Then paste that here:

DSC_0304%20Stitch_zps3x05wagn.jpg

Interesting, on Flickr you can choose which size photo you want to post. I can't seem to find an option to do that on Photobucket, just the one choice.

9193300149_b1dae2b273_t.jpgDSC_0299 by Sue, on Flickr

9193300149_b1dae2b273_n.jpgDSC_0299 by Sue, on Flickr

9193300149_b1dae2b273_z.jpgDSC_0299 by Sue, on Flickr

9193300149_b1dae2b273_b.jpgDSC_0299 by Sue, on Flickr

Having said that, why would you want to make it smaller? What you posted is just right -- big enough to see well, and not so big that it makes people need to scroll sideways to see everything.

Hopefully someone who is more familiar with Photobucket will chime in if you do want to be able to post something smaller.

You'll get it!

For the link you posted earlier, click on it to pull up the photo, then just copy the "IMG" code on the right. Then paste that here:

DSC_0304%20Stitch_zps3x05wagn.jpg

Thanks Sue. The other ship is the Prinsendam in Kusadasi Turkey last Oct. I'll try again and see how I make out.

Allan

8d597ccc-8c2a-4af6-8ed8-17428f3f1b6c_zpso7l7qbju.jpg

On the right side of the Photobucket page, where the "Share" links are - copy the one in the "direct" box.

Then here, click the yellow mountain looking icon, and paste the address into the pop-up box. It should work then.

test

H1gSoPGl.jpg

I use Imgur for everywhere but here - still can't get it to work and get anyone from CC who gives a **** to answer why

lpCuS8l.jpg

The above is an example of a link form my own Imgur account that I created as a test. The automatic insertion of the asterisks is a blocking function of the BBC software used by Cruise Critic for these boards and is enabled or disabled by their IT folks. Why it is done or what issue in the past caused them to add the block is a mystery. Having worked in IT for many years, I suspect that they may actually give a **** but the person who knew how to enable or disable the blocks or why they were added may have quit or passed on.

Sorry I couldn't help with this one.

Dave

Edited by pierces

I appreciate it Dave. My frustration comes from numerous emails over the months to any and all CC listed contact points, the software vendor (who said the same thing you noted) was the only response I ever got.

I'll never understand where the common courtesy of a brief response went to. Even a terse "because we said so" is preferable to being ignored repeatedly. I do think I got a robot response once that the monitor of the email was "away" and to try back later - your suspicion may be on target.

Notice how different the pictures are when you upload via a file sharing service vs direct from phone. Really noticeable when trying to upload text

1435757744411.jpg.dcbf85b3e0614283235678608814b78e.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa