LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

Wow, I would love to see a picture of it. I'll make a note to myself to go to Youtube and look and see if there's a video.

I myself have never been able to see the Green Flash, but was told that the sky must be absolutely clear - no? It certainly looked like Trainman's sunset pictures showed high cirrus, but still they saw the Green Flash?

Somebody set me straight, please!:confused:

Cirrus is not an impediment, unless right at the horizon where the sun dips. Best conditions are very calm, flat seas. The flash is the last bit of light, off the top limb (edge) of the sun as it desends under the horizon. Looks like a little green "pop". I've seen dozen's of them from the bridge of a destroyer. Just keep watching. You'll catch one eventually. I never tire of them.

golly...in withdrawals...guess I need to go look at panama canal trips...we have been talking about them for a few weeks but thought we would wait until the new locks were done.

thank you Trainman and Judith for sharing your voyage so far. We love the pictures....

Hubby wants to know what you thought about Cartagena

coffee1.gif

Time to get up Jim, coffee is waiting.

I know you are having a blast. I leave this Thursday, so I'm really excited at this point. And I can't wait to do Disney after my cruise.

Have a great day and a happy morning to you and Judith.

Rev

coffee1.gif

Time to get up Jim, coffee is waiting.

I know you are having a blast. I leave this Thursday, so I'm really excited at this point. And I can't wait to do Disney after my cruise.

Have a great day and a happy morning to you and Judith.

Rev

Don't forget they're 3 hours behind us now.

I just think something in the cosmos out there is telling Trainman to sit back and enjoy his wonderful cruise and not worry about all of us here :(.

Trainman, hope you and Judith are having a wonderful time. We miss you.

Cirrus is not an impediment, unless right at the horizon where the sun dips. Best conditions are very calm, flat seas. The flash is the last bit of light, off the top limb (edge) of the sun as it desends under the horizon. Looks like a little green "pop". I've seen dozen's of them from the bridge of a destroyer. Just keep watching. You'll catch one eventually. I never tire of them.

Thanks, KingdomCAPT. I'll keep trying.

and . . . THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

I just read the latest update. It seems this is right in the path of where the ship should be now? Or would they still be quite a bit south of the baja?

MIAMI (AP) — Hurricane Paul is strengthening in the Pacific off Mexico and a tropical storm watch has been issued for a portion of Baja California.

The U.S. National Hurricane Center says Paul’s maximum sustained winds were 80 mph (130 kph) early Monday. Some additional strengthening is forecast during the day before weakening is expected Tuesday.

It’s centered about 530 miles (850 kilometers) southwest of the tip of the Baja California peninsula and moving north at 9 mph (15 kph

Is it turn around day yet? I see we hit 100,000 views today. I think Trainman's self imposed goal was 500,000 for the entire cruise. He better get hopping and come up with some controversial photos.

Edited by BillOh

Here is our itinerary...

ItineraryWest.jpg

ItineraryEast.jpg

No - they are still cruising. I am not sure where they are at this time, but they have a ways to go. Hopefully, not through or near a hurricane!:eek:

Here is their schedule from the beginning of the thread. Looks like they are at sea today but still south of Baja.

I watched the live space jump on Discovery...not sure how we will make it through it today!!!

If your old enough, like me, to remember the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo programs, did it also cross your mind how great it would have been had we had the optical and communication power to watch those events in the same quality we got to watch this event? (I was alive during Mercury, but don't actually remember those launches)