Free E cards

resordanis

I don't see why they would cut this because it doesn't cost them for free advertisement. OK, maybe the time you log in to internet for free to send the card, but access to Princess.com is also free. Is that next to go?

I don't see why they would cut this because it doesn't cost them for free advertisement. OK, maybe the time you log in to internet for free to send the card, but access to Princess.com is also free. Is that next to go?

It doesn't seem likely to eliminate the advertizing but they could limit you to a certain number of emails per trip instead of unlimited. Most of my emails go to 2 or 3 individuals and there losing out on internet minutes each time I send one. I never use my time to compose emails, only receive them.

What are they & how would it save a person Internet minutes?

Never sailed Princess (yet)

When you look at the initial web page on the Internet when on the ship, it gives you the option of signing in on to your account or accessing the Princess site for no charge.

You can send an e-card without using your internet minutes with picture "post cards" that Princess has and add a sentence or two that you want to, just like a regular picture post card. Naturally, the post card pictures are Princess themed.

You must also enter, of course, the e-mail address of the person you wish to receive the ecard.

Since you do not have to sign in to your Internet account to do this, you do not use your minutes.

Of course this is one direction. You cannot receive any messages this way, just send them.

Every E-card sent is an advertisement for Princess.

Why would they want to limit this almost free advertising?

I'm sure their intent was to have people sent their messages to different people, not the same ones over & over. How many pop up ad's do people actually read?....none. :p

I am assuming they are collecting the email addresses of the sendee's and using them to email offers from Princess. Free list for them.:cool:

I wouldn't put it past them to sell the email addresses on the open market. I should create a new email, never use it for anything else except on the ship and test them on it. ;)

I sent some from the Ruby in March this year. Just got off the Star Princess, asked about them at the internet cafe, was told the ecards have been discontinue fleet wide. Did not see any site of them on the Star, so asked. Think this is too bad...

I have been on lots of Princess cruises, but have never before noticed this feature.

Thanks for posting. Now I can annoy all of my friends with Princess ads for free. :p Just kidding, they will love getting cruise notes.

• 1 month later...

Archived