captain club host

neverbeenhere

Another vote for TiAnne. She was absolutely fabulous on our last cruise. As another poster mentioned about a different CC Hostess, TiAnne took time to stop and talk to you throughout the cruise and not just when you went to see her.

I also have to say that Graeme is stellar. He is so energetic and his enthusiasm for the =X= brand is quite infectious.

Then again, I don't think we've ever had a bad CC Host/ess. They are all fantastic and truly help to set =X= apart.

So did we he is really a great host. We are so happy he will be going to the Equinox so we will see him in Dec. :cool:

Is he coming on board before or after the transatlantic. The "Who's On Board" chart shows Donna on Equinox now.

We agree that we have never had a CC Host/ Hostess that we didn't like. Ti Anne stands out in our experience but we have also sailed with Juliana and Donna--both great also. So happy to see the good comments about Bruce Van der Meer. We sailed with him in August on the Millennium and he was outstanding. He really went over and above for us.

We are looking forward to meeting Chandru on the Reflection in a few weeks!

Sheila and Andy

It is very difficult when they need to deal with the passenger who has a deep sense of entitlement. I witness one man yelling at one of the Hosts demanding to be seated with the Captain. I later saw the Host/Hostess and remarked that he must have had a rough time. The Host told me that they were brought close to tears. Said that this passenger was a very heavy cruiser on RCL and this was his first Celebrity cruise. The passenger was threatening to take complaints to the Miami office if he wasn't seated at the Captain's Table with the Captain. The Host eventually gave into the demand. At the time this Host was relatively new to the position and was afraid of losing the job. Since then the powers to be at Celebrity have made it clear that these demands should be refused by the Hosts and that they are to report any thdreats. several demanding passengers have been invited by Celebrity to take a vacation from cruising on their ships.

We also observed this on a cruise a number of years ago. The passenger, a frequent RCI cruiser but 1st time on X, was demanding to know why his party was not dining with the Captain and who did he need to talk to to get what he wanted. His rant went on for a good 10 minutes. The CC hostess seemed pretty experienced dealing with this type of behavior and eventually got him out of her face by putting the invitations on Miami.

Ironically we were invited to dine with the Captain on formal night and frequently came across this passenger who was complaining to anyone who would listen how badly he was treated.

Mary Lou

We agree that we have never had a CC Host/ Hostess that we didn't like. Ti Anne stands out in our experience but we have also sailed with Juliana and Donna--both great also. So happy to see the good comments about Bruce Van der Meer. We sailed with him in August on the Millennium and he was outstanding. He really went over and above for us.

We are looking forward to meeting Chandru on the Reflection in a few weeks!

Sheila and Andy

Whoops! I meant Bruce Van der Boon. He is great under any name.

Unfortunately I haven't cruised with Ti-Anne for some time. She is a very special person. I was on Century with her a few years ago when she was informed that she had just established the record for the highest guest ratings.

Is he coming on board before or after the transatlantic. The "Who's On Board" chart shows Donna on Equinox now.
He leaves the Millenium when she goes to Asia,said he would be on before Dec.1 and see us on our cruise Dec.10.Very happy about this.

He leaves the Millenium when she goes to Asia,said he would be on before Dec.1 and see us on our cruise Dec.10.Very happy about this.

Well, then it looks like he will be on our TA which leaves 26 November.

I believe donna left the equinox on vacation/break and will join the millenium when she cruises to the far east.

Unfortunately I haven't cruised with Ti-Anne for some time. She is a very special person. I was on Century with her a few years ago when she was informed that she had just established the record for the highest guest ratings.

Anyone now if Ti-Anne is still on the Infinity for the November Panama Canal cruises?

We had a very good experience with Ti-Ann prior to her becoming a Captain's Club Host - I believe she was in Guest Relations at the time. It was great seeing her the next time on the Century when she had just become a Host.

We also really like Chandru and very much look forward to sailing with him again someday.

I was looking forward to meeting Donna in a couple weeks on the Equinox - have heard such good things. Unfortunately it sounds like we will miss her.

Mike

Archived