Does anyone know how early you can get a new Seapass on the Back to Backs?

renroc13

I am just curious if anyone knows how early we will be able to secure a Seapass on the back to back. I understand in Asia continuing passengers are asked to go to a lounge to wait while the others disembark. We would like to get off the ship as soon as possible that day to enjoy the extra tour time we have in Singapore. Luckily for us we have the same state room so this should be an easy transition.

I also know it can be different in different parts of the world.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Karen

They will give you your new seapass card, you don't go for them. I've sometimes received them in my cabin the night before and sometimes the moring of the new cruise. If you go out for the day you usually go to the Pier Coordinator to receive them when you return to the ship.

You don't have to go through the whole "registration process" all over again and take new pictures?

We are doing a B2B for the Holiday's (our first B2B) and were curious as well. :confused:

Do we hand in all of our documents for the 2nd cruise at the same time of the first one? I assume we have to print both sets of the on-line registration correct? And what about luggage tags? Do we order tag for both sailings? Should I call Celebrity to answer these questions?

You don't have to go through the whole "registration process" all over again and take new pictures?

We are doing a B2B for the Holiday's (our first B2B) and were curious as well. :confused:

Do we hand in all of our documents for the 2nd cruise at the same time of the first one? I assume we have to print both sets of the on-line registration correct? And what about luggage tags? Do we order tag for both sailings? Should I call Celebrity to answer these questions?

They will take a new picture.

You will need to register your credit card

You will not need booking documents since they have them

You will not need new baggage tags

No, you do not have to start all over when we did it, they sent us a note to go to the Guest Relations desk on the last day to advise which credit card we wanted to use for the next cruise & they then gave us our new sea pass card. You will however have to go through immigration & either return or go ashore for a few hours. If you choose to go ashore, we could not get back in until they allowed everyone back in, but we did not have to line up we just used our new sea pass cards & did have to put it in the machine for a new picture. Very painless, enjoy.

We did a B2B in April . Our change over point was Barcelona. We switched cabins and all we had to do was ask our cabin attendant to move our stuff

We received our new card the day before and were given instructions with options for the next morning.

If we left the ship early ( which we did) we were not allowed back on until boarding time...which was fine for us. We had to get in line when we came back as we needed the new photos added to the new sea pass.

Those who stayed on board had to meet and go through a lengthy process as a group. It took almost 2 hours.

There were 200 B2B folks

I heard it is different for other countries. Celebrity could not tell us what would happen until the day before.

We did a back to back on the equinox through Rome earlier this year and the switchover was so smooth I forget how they did it. We did not have to go through and register again...if I recall, they just gave us new cards either the night before or we went somewhere and just picked them up before we left the ship and wandered around town. It was like any other port.

Thank you for the responses. What we are looking to do is get off the ship the morning of the BtoB and spend the night in the Marina Sands Hotel in Singapore with the mega Infinity Pool on the 50th floor since we do not leave Sig until the following day.

I originally wanted to get off the ship the day before the changeover but was told by Celebrity we could not do that without requesting a shortened cruise (and then I did not know how they were going to handle our luggage if we now had a shortened cruise.) So I booked the hotel for the following night in-between cruises. I guess the only setback we could have is having to run back to the ship to board and register with the seapass and then go back to the hotel if it is a problem boarding day 2 of the cruise....

I guess we will figure it out when we get there......

Here is a pic of the hotel...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1289194/Marina-Bay-Sands-resort-opens-Singapore.html

Karen

Whilst first reading this I couldn't understand why you would want to pay extra for a hotel room when you could use your stateroom onboard which you have already paid for.

After looking at the pictures of the hotel I now understand.

I would love to swim in that pool:cool:

Whilst first reading this I couldn't understand why you would want to pay extra for a hotel room when you could use your stateroom onboard which you have already paid for.

After looking at the pictures of the hotel I now understand.

I would love to swim in that pool:cool:

Yes I know it might not make sense...but it looks like a fabulous place...it is my birthday week...and we have 3 days in Singapore. We will also have been on the ship 30 nights!

Karen

You will have fun in Singapore!

My daughter had her 17th birthday there a few years back and was surprised to return to our hotel in the afternoon (we have a couple of favourites we always stay at, not MBS) to a fabulous cake from a fancy local store. The hotel had noticed her birthday from their photocopy of her passport when we checked in. She was delighted as were we!

Its a great place to celebrate your birthday!

Thank you all for the responses. You have put my mind at ease. We will just go and board and enjoy our cruises. Thanks again.

Also, I wish we were traveling along with you, Karen. That looks like a beautiful Hotel and What A Pool. Awesome. Enjoy and Happy Birthday to you :)

Not sure we understand why Celebrity makes the back to back thing so darn difficult. When we cruise on HA we often take long cruises which X folks might call a back to back to back to back to back. When we board we are given a seapass (using Xs term) card that covers the entire voyage. At intervening ports folks some passengers will disembark, new folks embark, and others simply continue on their way. Outside the US it is very rare that continuing passengers have to do anything between cruises (unless they change cabins) and the change over days simply are like another port day when you can either stay on the ship or go ashore. The credit card that is registered for the first cruise is simply used for all the cruises unless the passenger specifies otherwise. You are not hassled to go to guest relations for new cards, re-registering credit cards, etc.

Hank

Not sure we understand why Celebrity makes the back to back thing so darn difficult. When we cruise on HA we often take long cruises which X folks might call a back to back to back to back to back. When we board we are given a seapass (using Xs term) card that covers the entire voyage. At intervening ports folks some passengers will disembark, new folks embark, and others simply continue on their way. Outside the US it is very rare that continuing passengers have to do anything between cruises (unless they change cabins) and the change over days simply are like another port day when you can either stay on the ship or go ashore. The credit card that is registered for the first cruise is simply used for all the cruises unless the passenger specifies otherwise. You are not hassled to go to guest relations for new cards, re-registering credit cards, etc.

Hank

Hopefully it will go smoother than I hope....but one always gets different answers along the way.

Karen

Thank you all for the responses. You have put my mind at ease. We will just go and board and enjoy our cruises. Thanks again.

Also, I wish we were traveling along with you, Karen. That looks like a beautiful Hotel and What A Pool. Awesome. Enjoy and Happy Birthday to you :)

Thank you...maybe we will someday!!! Have been cruising with many CC friends the past few years.

Karen

Archived