Is the Luggage Valet Program Still Offered????

SeaGams

I've used this service in the past and it made the trip home a lot easier. There had been some talk of discontinuing the program, but I hope it's still available for my February Equinox cruise. Anybody have any recent experience?

kitty9, thanks for the quick response. I know that availability is subject to certain requirements, but I'm happy to hear the program has not been discontinued entirely. Flying home without all the luggage from a 10 night cruise makes the trip less troublesome.

It still shows on the Celebrity website:

FAQ

What is the Luggage Valet service?

Luggage Valet streamlines and simplifies your return home after your cruise is over. Enroll onboard at Guest Relations for a fee of $20 per person (for two pieces of luggage per person). On the final night of your cruise you'll receive an envelope with debarkation instructions, airline boarding passes, luggage tags and baggage claim checks. Simply place your luggage outside your stateroom door and don't think about it again until you pick it up at your final destination airport. Available in select ports and on select airlines.

It still shows on the Celebrity website:

FAQ

What is the Luggage Valet service?

Luggage Valet streamlines and simplifies your return home after your cruise is over. Enroll onboard at Guest Relations for a fee of $20 per person (for two pieces of luggage per person). On the final night of your cruise you'll receive an envelope with debarkation instructions, airline boarding passes, luggage tags and baggage claim checks. Simply place your luggage outside your stateroom door and don't think about it again until you pick it up at your final destination airport. Available in select ports and on select airlines.

Thanks for the info...more good news.

It's still offered, but only for certain ports, for certain airlines and you must have a flight noon or later.

Hi, Do you know if FLL is one of those ports and what airlines? This sounds like something that would help me out.

Thank you

Carla :)

You don't know until you are on board.

Celebrity doesn't do a big "selling" job on this. Go to Guest Relations and tell them you are interested.

It will depend on how many others want it, as well as if your airline offers it, as well as if your flight fits their time parameters, and even if all that works, the TSA has to approve you.

But if all the stars align, it is a wonderful service.

Carla,

Here's the form we were given on our Equinox cruise last February. As stated before, there's no guarantee it will be offered on your sailing or that the requirements will be the same. We've used it our last two cruises without any changes to the program and we're hoping to use it again in a few months.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=178708&d=1293462090

Toni

I love the luggage valet program, just wish X would do more to make people aware of it because the airlines will only participate if enough people sign up on each cruise. Out of 5 Celebrity cruises, we've only been able to use it once, but ma was it ever nice that one time!

guess we will have to make a bigger effort to spread the word :-)

Yes....give Guest Relations the frequent flyer number and it should go through for no fee. Double check your on-board account just to be sure that no wayward charge appears. They apply any luggage fees to your SeaPass account, so if you see a fee that shouldn't be there, discuss it with Guest Relations

Has anybody used the service when they had status with airline, or flew first class and thus didn't have to pay airline checked bag fees.

I assume when checking in for flight while onboard, they charge the "airline bag fees" to a credit card.

Both times we used the valet luggage service we were elite status on American. We were never asked for our Advantage numbers and were never charged any baggage fees. They actually got it right!!!!

Toni

We used it last year on our Equinox cruise out of Miami. I believe the flight time cutoff was 2:30pm for FLL on Southwest. Other than having to leave the ship in a group, it went pretty smooth. Thought the group thing was was pretty strange. We've used it on RCI and instead of leaving as a group, we just walked off when we were ready. Maybe it's just the Port of Miami.

You don't know until you are on board.

Celebrity doesn't do a big "selling" job on this. Go to Guest Relations and tell them you are interested.

It will depend on how many others want it, as well as if your airline offers it, as well as if your flight fits their time parameters, and even if all that works, the TSA has to approve you.

But if all the stars align, it is a wonderful service.

Leaving out of FLL- check, Flying one of the designated airlines- check, Flight leaving after noon- check....TSA approval-can't see why not...

The stars are starting to align :o...

Hope we can use it- we never have, but it sounds really wonderful!! :p

Yes errors do pop up on baggage fees and when they do, save yourself some time and aggrevation by knowing the contact information for the sub-contractor who handles all of this. That is where you need to go for your refund, not to Celebrity and not to the airline. Of course when we did use the service on a RCCL cruise Royal told us to go to the airline but the airline rep gave me the right information and once I reached the sub-contractor's office a day later from home they apologized and issued the refund in a few days.

Thanks for your information, I was thinking of it myself, I see that Seattle is on the list, we will probably be flying Jet Blue is that one of the airlines that do this service. Does Celebrity offer any kind of transportation from the ship to the airport.

Why is United only out of Miami and not Ft Lauderdale. I did use it before and did fly United. Would be very disappointed if it is not offered. Going on the Equinox in February 2013 out of Ft LauderdALE. How do I find out about United?

Has anyone recently used this program out of Ft Lauderdale. Just want to see if it is still in effect.

It's still listed on Celebrity's website as being available, so I don't think there's been a change. I mean, if you read the above posts, people posted that it was still available a couple of weeks ago.

Has anyone recently used this program out of Ft Lauderdale. Just want to see if it is still in effect.

I believe that so far this fall there has only been one Celebrity Cruise departure from Ft. Lauderdale - the Infinity on October 8. Regular Celebrity departures from Ft. Lauderdale don't begin for the season until next month when some of the ships return from Europe on their TA's and in my very limited experience of one occasion, they don't offer the luggage valet program at the end of TA's. So you'll have to wait a few weeks until the first few regular Caribbean season cruises end before there are any current season experiences to report on.

• 3 months later...
Carla,

Here's the form we were given on our Equinox cruise last February. As stated before, there's no guarantee it will be offered on your sailing or that the requirements will be the same. We've used it our last two cruises without any changes to the program and we're hoping to use it again in a few months.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=178708&d=1293462090

Toni

Thank you very much Toni for the information! :)

We used it in Dec 2012 on the Eclipse and it worked wonders. They did have us meet as a group in Michael's, but it wouldn't have made bit of difference if we had walked off on our own. One comment...if you are flying Southwest, if you don't see them on the list, go to Guest Services and ask. They told us they sometimes have issues with Southwest and don't always include them, but they will happily try to process it through. They did let us know that if there was a problem, we'd get a message the day before leaving with regular bag tags instead of Valet. It worked great and was easily worth the $40. Have a great cruise!

Gerry and Lisa

Archived