Upgrade question

Has anyone ever been upgraded at the pier?? We booked a oceanview guarantee, received the cabin assignment ( a nice one) but could the upgrade fairy appear at the pier???

Thank you for your responses.

Carol

It's possible. Never happened to us, and I don't read about it very often at all.

The last time that it happened, at the pier, to us was in 2003.

We were also on a b2b in 2008, and the purser (now GSM) called us to let us know that we were being upgraded for the second portion of our cruise.

So, someone with a fair amount of cruises on Royal Caribbean, that has been what we have received, the first being a true pier upgrade, and the second, having the pier co ordinator come aboard to give us the second upgrade.

Rick

We have been upgraded several times at check in. :D:D:D

Is it possible that you were actually upgraded a few days prior and didn’t know until you got to the pier?

I ask this because once we were upgraded 2 days prior to a cruise and just happened to check email. Had we not checked e mail – we would not have known about the upgrade until we were at the pier. We might have thought it was a “pier upgrade”

In any case - way to go!

M

Is it possible that you were actually upgraded a few days prior and didn’t know until you got to the pier?

I ask this because once we were upgraded 2 days prior to a cruise and just happened to check email. Had we not checked e mail – we would not have known about the upgrade until we were at the pier. We might have thought it was a “pier upgrade”

In any case - way to go!

M

I live on the internet and watch my booking until it is taken down by RCL. So little chance we had been upgraded and I missed it. We have had more upgrades that we did know about ahead of time. :D:D:D

We were upgraded at check-in on our most recent cruise - 12 night Eastern Mediterranean on Mariner of the Seas, which departed Civitavecchia 16 days ago. We had booked a balcony cabin and wound up in a magnificent grand suite. Totally unexpected. Our first ever accommodations above the Jr. suite level.

Perhaps RCL hoped we would adjust to the good life enough to book such accommodations in the future. If so, it worked, as we have booked the identical grand suite cabin (same #) on Navigator for our Transatlantic trip next November.

Archived