Questions about Freedom JS balconies

I tried searching, but didn't find the answers I want.

1) How big are the JS (non-aft) balconies on FOS and what furniture do they have?

2) We are in JS 9558 and it looks like it might be under the cantilevered hot tub. Will there be a problem with that location?

Thanks for the photos - that really helps!

Does anyone know about the hot tubs?

We never heard anything from above and out balcony door would not seal correctly for the first 2 nights. After maintenance came and fixed our door it was quiet has could be. The only thing I didn't like about our location was there was a mini sort of "hump" and you couldn't see anything aft.

pic of the mini hump

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/209121_559433535725_4013793_o.jpg

bonus pic of people running late to the ship. I really wish we had left them.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/209838_559434319155_4763959_o.jpg

• 2 years later...
Our 9568 JS had 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and a small table. Luv, luv, luv the JS on the Freedom:)

I'll be in this stateroom on Indy in December. I've heard that the tinted glass causes a distraction/interferes with the view of the ocean when seated.

Did you have this issue?

TIA.

I tried searching, but didn't find the answers I want.

1) How big are the JS (non-aft) balconies on FOS and what furniture do they have?

2) We are in JS 9558 and it looks like it might be under the cantilevered hot tub. Will there be a problem with that location?

Have been on Freedom in JS 9548 twice. Great location,no noise. 299 SF. We had 2 lounges,2 chairs, and a small table

Bob The Villages, Florida

I'll be in this stateroom on Indy in December. I've heard that the tinted glass causes a distraction/interferes with the view of the ocean when seated.

Did you have this issue?

TIA.

Here is a link to a thread that links pictures of the bronze glass:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2243586&highlight=bronze+glass

We had 9258 which was the cabin before the tinted glass, we would not book a JS with the reflective glass. The threads in the above link list the "good" and "bad" cabin numbers.

Did you have this issue?

TIA.

We were in 9564 on Freedom back in Aug. 2014. We loved the cabin and its location. The ONLY thing we did not like was the tinted glass on the balcony. When you were sitting down you really only see yourself in the reflection. Normally, on Celebrity ships we spend a lot of time on our balcony but did not use it as much because the tinted glass on Freedom. Had we known, I would've picked a different cabin. I believe only the few under the hot tubs have this but someone else may know better. Not a deal breaker but found it annoying. Btw..we had one lounger, one chair and one chair with footrest and a small, low table in case it matters. The balcony is very spacious.

Deck nine has cabins from deck 10 overhead. You won't hear much from above, as far as the pool deck area two decks ups.

We were in a GS on deck ten one time right under the giant mother ship (hot tub) and it was not the hot tub noise we heard, but the scraping of dragging pool deck chairs at 3-4 am by the crew during clean up. Never again under the Solarium! :eek:

The bronze color on the glass below the railing was not a problem. As mentioned already, you will stand up to see the view since the salt spray muckies up the regular glass anyway.

We have same cabin 1290 (again!) on Freedom in December. Love it! :)