IE 2013 useful info "3" plus some nonsense.

Rebel Rouser

You haven't got long Jan so leave the bedroom and get the packing done...then you'll have the bedroom to finish when you get back!!:rolleyes:

We've been to Rome twice on the train ...I actually quite enjoy the ride and felt great that we could do it, and the Metro, without speaking Italian! We've also done the Florence on your own trip but stayed in Livorno last time, just wandering and found the market which was huge and good. Need to find the canals next time!!

That would be nice if OH treated you to the Oasis for your birthday...perhaps he's pretending he won't, but will in the end...you'll be tired after a day in Rome so it would be nice to be waited on for a change!! :)

He's definitely not pretending, lol. In fact husband murder is on the cards, I think that he thinks we are going to the north pole. When a holiday comes around suddenly he can't be without 3 jackets for a weeks holiday. He's going to be paying excess luggage unless there's a cull very soon.:eek: I have one and cardigans and fleecies in case it's cool in the evening. Thank goodness there's no formal night.:D:D

Jan

Hi Jan,

Just wondering how the preparations were going :D I have been watching Endeavour and picking holes in the locations :rolleyes: No such shop as Burridges in Oxford and I can't remember Cowley Police Station in Cowley Road, although Ray says he can, but then he is much older than me, lol :D

Will email you tomorrow :)

Thanks for your good wishes everyone. All set now, it's been a heck of a rush though. We took the bags to the airport this afternoon to do a bag drop off. Honestly! after all the rubbish on the website I expected just to take the cases to the security carousel. No chance, it was just the same as before apart from not getting boarding cards. We'll be in Palma at 9.30am their time so a full day before we leave, time for some shopping as the cabin won't be ready or the cases delivered. Can't wait to see the changes that RR is hinting at, could it just be that there are hairdryers in the cabins, lol, or that straighteners will actually heat up.:D:D

Have a great time next week, I'll probably still be onboard as we don't fly back until 18.30.:D:D

Jan

Good evening shipmates:D Just thought I'd report in and tell you that the weather in Spain is currently scorchio!! Have just had 4 lovely days on Benidorm beach:cool: Spanish telly said el prognostico is more of the same.

Waves back to RR:D so much to do, so little time!!!

Booked a Travelodge for Monday night as didn't want to risk the car causing problems and being 100 miles from the airport! so now we will be just 3 miles from airport and can get a taxi if necessary...much less stress...:)

So this time next week we will be sailing ...oooh can't wait!! :)

Morning Jenny, only 2 more working days for me :D

And like you we are staying over night in the Radison blu as we have an 06:00 flight next morning plus they are looking after the car as well plus(again) its less than 50 yards to the terminal @ Stansted and Mrs Rebel has to work until 18:00 so its a drive down to the Radison Blu dump our cases have a meal and a few bevvies in the airport before a few hours sleep for the 04:00 alarm call :eek: still its better than driving down @ 01:30 same day.

Looking forward to meeting up again with your selves and Mallorca chap and the lovely Mrs C and meeting new friends.

Ok keep rubbing it in, only 5 days for you... I have to wait another 47 with a shed load of shift work between now & then :(

Mind you I'll bet at least a week of that time will be going a lot faster for you than it will for me. :eek:

I will be using the Premier Inn just outside the North terminal at Gatwick for my silly O'clock flight, but even on a later flight still book a room for the night. We find it so much more relaxing to be there the night before, & Mrs Stevio gets the cooking & washing up done for an extra evening off :o

Hello RR .....our flight is 0700 so we can lay in a bit later.... although we shall have breakfast at the airport so need to allow time for that..

We're also looking forward to meeting up again and hope the other RR (Ross Roberts) is on form.... along with the lovely Danni of course!

Sent from my C5303 using Forums mobile app

I've just tried to book a couple of shore excursions but website's telling me I can't do that within 3 days of travel:confused: Do you think we stand much chance of getting what we wanted on the ship on Tuesday?

Hi Cappers, from my experience there is always places left on the shore excursions, especially Tangiers :D couldn't tell you about Motril as this will be a first for us. Gibraltar I've heard is doable(sp) by Taxi and cheaper.

See you on Tuesday / Wednesday no doubt. :)

I've just tried to book a couple of shore excursions but website's telling me I can't do that within 3 days of travel:confused: Do you think we stand much chance of getting what we wanted on the ship on Tuesday?

We usually book all our excursions well in advance (all our June ones done already)... You can always change your mind or cancel them aboard... When booking on-board they can normally squeeze you on to a coach, I think most people book that way anyway... I have found the opposite problem of booking in advance & my particular trip cancelled due to lack of interest.

Have a good time all of you 22nd April cruisers & remember to bring back reports of how the Escape is looking this year. :):) ... And what the excursions are like. :) :)

The only place we'll be booking a trip will be Tangier....other ports we shall do our own thing...thanks for the good wishes Stevio I'm sure we'll all have good things to say on our return...I've read two good reviews already from this year, on another site..:)

Sent from my C5303 using Forums mobile app

As no-one else has answered you Cappers, I'll take it upon myself to say....Yes that is a good idea to meet up in the Pub at 4 pm on the sea day!!! We will be there !!

Just got to finish the packing tomorrow morning then we are off to a Travelodge for the evening/night and fly out of Exeter at 0700 Tuesday...can't wait as its been tipping down with rain for most of the day and still raining as I type this! See you soon :)

Hi All, all packed and like JW getting ready for the airport after the footie and no rain at all here just been lovely and sunny with temps around the 18c Mark. see you all in the Pub on day at sea and will probably bump into JW as she knows what I look like lol... she's been Rebelised :eek: