Taking Food to your Cabin

SuitCaseBears

You just can't beat a huge plate of self-made nachos (from the taco buffet by the Lido pool) while sitting on your verandah. As a precaution while taking your plate back to your room, add some melted cheese on the bottom of the plate before adding the chips to keep the goodness from sliding onto the floor of an elevator. Add a chilled beverage to make a good afternoon at sea.

What a great tip, I'd have never thought of that. Thank you!

There's a code orange for the beginning of each segment. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks.

My instinct thought that was likely the case.

All our Collector's/back-to-back cruises, there is Code Orange for two days each segment.

Take as much food as you want to your cabin.

Don't leave plates in the hall for pickup as someone may trip on them. Have your steward remove them, or just call and they will send someone to pick them up.

HAL is very good about sending someone to pick up the used plates fairly quickly when you call. If they aren't in your way, the room steward will take them away on his next visit.

~~~~~

HAL is very good about sending someone to pick up the used plates fairly quickly when you call. If they aren't in your way, the room steward will take them away on his next visit.

~~~~~

We also have lunch or snacks in our room as well - if I am heading out after lunch anyways, - I just make a trip to the Lido on my way and return them:D

We often have taken snacks back to our cabin -- especially in the afternoon when we get back from walking around a port or from a tour. And I always have DH return the dishes either to the Neptune Lounge if we got the snacks from there or to the Lido.

So basically you can take anything back to your cabin to eat any time of the day when the Lido is open.

Talking about the Taco Bar being closed the first 2 days because of Code Ornage.....

It has been a while since we were on a ship that was in Code Red. The Taco Bar was open during that time. The area of course was roped off and there was a person working the station and prepping whatever you wanted.

So I am wondering -- and this is for anyone who has been a ship recently that has been in Code Red -- was the Raco Area closed?

So far it is only the Eurodam that some of us have read that have the trays back and remember she is in Europe.

Haven't heard of any other ship - yet -- having the trays back.

And don't know what will happen when the Eurodam returns to the Caribbean.

The Eurodam has actually been back from Europe for over a month so lets hope this will spread to other ships and stay on the Eurodam. I'm not a lido fan so not a huge deal to me but when I go it would be nice to have a tray.

I get a small plate with 4 or 6 cookies on it in the afternoon and a hot cup of tea and take it up to my balcony to enjoy while I rest my eyes.

Love the cheese tip as I love the taco bar after I rest my eyes in the spa.

Looking forward to resting my eyes a lot on the Noordam very soon.

The Eurodam has actually been back from Europe for over a month so lets hope this will spread to other ships and stay on the Eurodam. I'm not a lido fan so not a huge deal to me but when I go it would be nice to have a tray.

Indeed, Eurodam is back from Europe.

She will be in Boston this Tuesday. :)

A beautiful sight...... Any blue hulled beauty tied up at Black Falcon Cruise Terminal in Boston. :)

She isn't quite in the Caribbean yet.

She is finishing her Canada/New England cruises.

We were on the Eurodam for the Amsterdam to NY repositioning cruise, also known as Dodging of the Hurricanes. :D At that point, still no sign of trays in the Lido (it would be wonderful to have them back!), but we had purchased a souvenir tray pre-cruise that we used from day 2 onward. Without fail, we were asked where we got the tray, and I told DH we probably could have auctioned it off at a handsome profit. Perhaps we brought the lack of trays to the attention of enough people who put it on their comment cards so JC said "we had better bring those things back, Captain Darren!":)

On our Alaskan cruise Aug 24 to Sept 7 we had the code orange the first few days and then the code red. Besides that, could not use the selfserve laundry either. It was out of bounds for quite a long time.

Besides the laundry, the culinary courses were also postponed until after it was okay again. We did not miss any ports on that voyage so that was the best part for me. Loved all the ports.

I'll be on Nieuw Amsterdam Nov 10 and will wend my way to the Buffet just to report back on the tray situation if no one has done so before then.

Thank you all for the help and suggestions.

I think you mean November 11th correct? Either that or I have the wrong day for my cruise:D.

When taking food to your cabin, make sure you also take the utensils you'll need to eat it! ;)

One morning I was out of yogurt in our frig so DH told me he would go to the buffet to get me some before going downstairs for his coffee. Sweet of him ... but he didn't bring me a spoon. It was quite a challenge to eat it with drink stirrers. :D

LuLu

~~~~~

I think you mean November 11th correct? Either that or I have the wrong day for my cruise:D.

Lorekauf, yes the 11th. I was looking at the day we fly out!! Whoops. Are you on the roll call? I'm terrible about remembering names. We have a meet and greet scheduled.

This would be big news. Can we ask your source?

Regarding the trays. I copied this from Lindalans live from Eurodam thread:

"The Lido was practically empty, and we were quickly served as the 48 hour no serving yourself was in full force. Guess what? Trays are back in the Lido on the Eurodam!! Chick, one of the servers, explained that there were so many complaints they were brought back! I wonder how many of the other ships have them again?"

Lorekauf, yes the 11th. I was looking at the day we fly out!! Whoops. Are you on the roll call? I'm terrible about remembering names. We have a meet and greet scheduled.

Actually, I'm not on until the 18th. I'm not good with names either. I hope you enjoy your cruise.

If your friend needs a tray, and there aren't any available in the Lido (Yippee! if they are returned, though!), the tray under the cabin ice bucket may work.

It's not all that large, but the plates that passengers can readily reach aren't all that large, either.

Check it out, if necessary.

What a great idea! I thought about purchasing a couple of small plastic trays from the local Dollar Store. But this is even a better idea! Thanks.

Archived