Diamond question

This totally depends on who is the concierge. Some allow taking drinks out, some don't.

I agree with this statement. The rules say that you cannot take drinks out but my experience has been that it truly does depend on the concierge.

Happy Cruising!

If it's on a ship with just the Diamond Event I've always been able to take my drink with me to dinner...that event is usually held in the Viking crown lounge & they are used to people taking their drinks with them...IF it's a REAL DIAMOND LOUNGE...then No...you usually will not be allowed to take your drink with you...

Sounds as if I just giving a "me too" answer. We have been told on some ships that we could not take drinks from the Diamond lounge. We have been told that we couldn't take the glass from the reception. (In that experience the crew was kind enough to go to the Promenade Cafe and get paper coffee cups, which they happily filled before we went to dinner). We have also been on ships that allowed the glasses to be taken to the dining room.

My thought? Smile and wave and tell the staff you will see them tomorrow and enjoy your glass as you walk out.

If it's on a ship with just the Diamond Event I've always been able to take my drink with me to dinner...that event is usually held in the Viking crown lounge & they are used to people taking their drinks with them...IF it's a REAL DIAMOND LOUNGE...then No...you usually will not be allowed to take your drink with you...

This makes sense:)

I will be going to the Diamond Lounge alone, as the family that is traveling with me is Emerald.

After I sit with a glass of wine and have a half left---I'll try to leave with the rest Think It will be allowed?

Can u get a drink and leave with it or must u drink it there? ie can u get wine and take it to dinner?

Generally speaking, No. The idea of the cocktail hours (regardless if it is the Concierge lounge, Diamond Lounge or Diamond Event) is to provide the drink(s) for the passenger to enjoy in the venue, not to subsidize ones dinner alcohol.

We have seem many exceptions, from ship to ship, different sailings on the same ship, and even different rules on each segment of a B2B.

M

Archived