Leaving tomorrow on Explorer

kaykels

I just saw the new update. It doesn't mention explorer at all? I guess that means they are still planning on going out today, somewhere?

Here is the info. on Jewel out of Boston.

Jewel of the Seas

Given Hurricane Sandy's current location and projected path, Jewel of the Seas will not depart Boston, Massachusetts, today, as scheduled, but will remain docked in port until Tuesday, October 30. Due to the delayed departure from Boston, it will be necessary to modify the itinerary. Guests sailing on Jewel of the Seas will receive additional information on their revised itinerary once the board the ship today.

Ironically, I just saw the update come up and called my parents. They have checked in and are waiting to board. My call was the first they were told of remaining in Boston until Tuesday.

No mention of Explorer of the Seas in the update for those of you looking for info on that sailing.

I still can't believe they're offering no information on Explorer. To me this shows a total lack of respect for their PAX. At least say "we're still working on it" or something, but to say nothing is completely unacceptable to me.

Why does RCCL always seem to fall flat on their face in these situations? Have they not learned from their past experiences (and bad PR)?

The guy who sits across from me at work in sailing out on Explorer and I hope him and his traveling companions the best. It just sucks to be left in the dark until you arrive at port.

I still can't believe they're offering no information on Explorer. To me this shows a total lack of respect for their PAX. At least say "we're still working on it" or something, but to say nothing is completely unacceptable to me.

Why does RCCL always seem to fall flat on their face in these situations? Have they not learned from their past experiences (and bad PR)?

The guy who sits across from me at work in sailing out on Explorer and I hope him and his traveling companions the best. It just sucks to be left in the dark until you arrive at port.

I think that RCCL has always done a pretty good job at these updates until today. Post something about Explorer....why would they want to have anxious passengers overloading their 800 # with questions. Even if sailing today...just an update of some kind is definately warranted.

Poor job RCCL and I love RCCL so please no flame necessary

I think that RCCL has always done a pretty good job at these updates until today. Post something about Explorer....why would they want to have anxious passengers overloading their 800 # with questions. Even if sailing today...just an update of some kind is definately warranted.

Poor job RCCL and I love RCCL so please no flame necessary

I agree with you. Judging by the mis-spellings and incorrect grammar in their update, I don't think they had much time to send it through approvals for posting. It's likely they inadvertently left off the Explorer information. Hopefully they provide an update soon.

It appears that the Explorer is going out "On Time" today. That was information from a porter at the port. My husband is leaving on the cruise today. They just pulled into port. There is a long line of cars to get to the drop off point. There is also a long line to get in the terminal. I will keep you posted as I hear information. Sounds like they just want to get everyone on the ship and leave NJ asap.

Just came back from the Ex of the Seas (although chances are it's likely that cc pax are already headed for Bayonne by now), and believe me, they are prepared! Capt Olav spoke about how he planned to get through the storm. I would rest assured that safety is taken into the highest account.

Just a quick inquiry on something posted above. If your luggage gets wet during boarding--is that the fault of RCCL or actually the porters who actually work for the port? Perhaps no ones fault really as it was raining...

If they don't drop it into the ocean, then you can blame the rain.

Just came back from the Ex of the Seas (although chances are it's likely that cc pax are already headed for Bayonne by now), and believe me, they are prepared! Capt Olav spoke about how he planned to get through the storm. I would rest assured that safety is taken into the highest account.

That sounds like great info. for those arriving this morning.

Good luck to you as well. I know you just got off the ship today and now have to prepare for this storm with many supplies being depleted at the local stores. Stay Safe!

Things are moving right along at the terminal. Hubby just hung up for his boarding photo. Sounds like all is on schedule. Stay safe and bring the ship back. I will be joinging my hubby and we will be sailing on her for the November 4th Cruise.

Please see this link and click on the area of the world you wish to see. You will note that there is a smaller box within a larger box for the NYC area.

http://www.oceanweather.com/data/

Depending upon how you analyze the color intensity, you probably have wave heights of 10-20' outside NYC, and this is not going to improve within the next 48 hours. It gets worse as you move south and the system is bringing that mess closer and closer to NYC.

If an Ocean liner like QE2 and QM2 will rock and roll in 20' seas, you can only imagine what most cruise ships will do!

So, expect a rough ride for while. The captain's only real option is to head due east at a fast but prudent speed. He cant go south right away.

I had not realy thought about the wet luggage problem. But, I read on another thread that she put all of her clothes in a large trash bag inside the suitcase. I will remember that for the future.

Watch luggage being loaded onto a plane in the rain and you will never not line your suitcase again.

Please see this link and click on the area of the world you wish to see. You will note that there is a smaller box within a larger box for the NYC area.

http://www.oceanweather.com/data/

Depending upon how you analyze the color intensity, you probably have wave heights of 10-20' outside NYC, and this is not going to improve within the next 48 hours. It gets worse as you move south and the system is bringing that mess closer and closer to NYC.

If an Ocean liner like QE2 and QM2 will rock and roll in 20' seas, you can only imagine what most cruise ships will do!

So, expect a rough ride for while. The captain's only real option is to head due east at a fast but prudent speed. He cant go south right away.

Six meter wave heights are not that unusual, a large area of the Mediterranean is experiencing similar waves, and it shouldn't be a problem for a cruise ship or the passengers - unless you're prone to seasickness.

Jim Cantore was talking about this cruise on TWC earlier this afternoon. Shaking his head about the decision to head to Bermuda.

But then again he's been a huge know it all since getting to NYC. Was all over the Mayor of NYC for not ordering evacuations yesterday.

I think Mr Cantore may have gotten to big for his britches, as he can do everyone's job better than they can. :rolleyes:

Archived