Maps

trident777

Gonna differ a bit. Stand in a bookstore and browse some guide books. If like me, you will quickly find many of the books cover 100s of places I am not going while giving good info on places I am. I went to the web. If going to Cozumel, then Google "Cozumel tourism" and you will find maps and info. If planning for a port where you just walk off the ship but stay so close you always see it, the ship map will be fine. If taking a ship booked tour, the ship map is fine too. My 3 cents.

Does Celebrity cruises hand out area maps to passengers at each port of call? Someone that cruised on Carnival mentioned that they were given maps...

The maps that Carnival gives out mostly feature "suggested" shopping areas. (IE - stores that give Carnival a kickback for mentioning.)

I've had good luck finding basic on-line maps. Once you are outside the ship area, there are often decent maps at Tourist Info areas.

When I arrive in each port, there is almost always a Kiosk - I call it the "Island Chamber of Commerce" ;)

They hand out colorful maps, folded to pocket size but open to a good size that we find handy, might be after-the-fact if you are planning an involved day but very nice to have, a lot of ideas and information in them

Archived