Purchasing "The Greenhouse Retreat & Pool Package"

alwaysfrantic

I can book any of the treatments at the spa ahead of time, but while the brochure tells me to buy this package (which is exactly what I want) there appears to be no way to actually do so.

I would appreciate any information about the things available with this daily pass, as well as the cost. I will be on a 10 night Zuiderdam trip and in a suite if this is something the concierge arranges ahead of time, or once onboard.

I can book any of the treatments at the spa ahead of time, but while the brochure tells me to buy this package (which is exactly what I want) there appears to be no way to actually do so.

I would appreciate any information about the things available with this daily pass, as well as the cost. I will be on a 10 night Zuiderdam trip and in a suite if this is something the concierge arranges ahead of time, or once onboard.

Call Ship Services. I recently bought the thermal suite pass for our 11 day Zuiderdam cruise next month.

I believe the cost is $40.00 per day or there may be a discounted price if you get a treatment.

Best way to get the package is to go to the spa when you board the ship. You can purchase from Ship Services, but it is normally cheaper when you board

On our 10 day cruise it was $180 but that was the Maasdam and they don't have the hydrotherapy pool.

i totally agree - I prefer to wait as they have specials on day one:D always nice to check it out too and get the 'full tour':D

For each cruise I have been on, I just sign up on the first day for the entire cruise. There as not been a time where it was "sold out." I have no evidence of such, but I have seen in the past that the cost was lower on the ship than paying in advance.

What ship will you be on?

There is a big difference in the Hydro pools on the ships.

The S and R class have only a whirlpool for their "hydro pool":

0107.JPG

I will be on Zuiderdam. That has the better pool, right?

Spa pool, you mean? IMO yes, that is a much nicer pool than found on the S- & R-class ships.

It's a real T-pool, not a glorified hot tub, and is body temperature. You won't feel like a human tea bag.

Just returned from our Hawaii/Tahiti 30 day R/T from San Diego. The price was $ 800 per couple or $ 40 pp per day --- way too expensive for warm water, IMO. HAL should rethink their pricing especially on the longer cruises --- weekly pkgs. would be much more attractive and easier to sell. --- By the way --- only saw 1 or 2 using it at any given time --- usually empty --- what a waste, IMO.

Just returned from our Hawaii/Tahiti 30 day R/T from San Diego. The price was $ 800 per couple or $ 40 pp per day --- way too expensive for warm water, IMO. HAL should rethink their pricing especially on the longer cruises --- weekly pkgs. would be much more attractive and easier to sell. --- By the way --- only saw 1 or 2 using it at any given time --- usually empty --- what a waste, IMO.

Wouldn't that be only about $13 pp/day.. Am I wrong? $800 for 2 for 30 days? Seems worth it to me.

Wouldn't that be only about $13 pp/day.. Am I wrong? $800 for 2 for 30 days? Seems worth it to me.

The $40 quoted is the price if you purchase access one day at a time. The package prices for cruise-long access are always less expensive.

At $13 per day, that's a good price, imo. But that is only the price if both people use it every day. Even at once every three days, though, it's still less expensive than day-to-day purchase. And well worth it, as far as I'm concerned---on the Vista/Signature ships.

• 1 month later...
It was $250 for 2 for 11 days - which I feel is a fair price. If it is discounted on the ship, I (supposedly) can be credited the difference..

I bought the Thermal Suite Pass for our 14-day Hawaii cruise before we sailed. The discount was automatically credited to my shipboard account. I didn't have to ask (but I did check on day 1 or 2).

What exactly is the Hydro Pool - a glorified hot tub or does it contain some special minerals. We have a small property in Desert Hot Springs, Cal which the pools have hot minerals that are healing and sooo good for our old creaky bones...

CT

The hydrotherapy pool does not have minerals, just warm (not hot) water. And bubbles. ;)

• 1 year later...

I paid the $800 fee for the hydro pool on the ms Westerdam and also found very few people using it. We thought how great this was to be away from the noise of the other communal parts of the ship, including the second-hand smoke from the balcony next to ours. Sadly we had to abandon its use due to a blowhard with a booming voice who would NOT stop expounding about liberals, the "gay agenda", illegals crossing the border, Obama, his god-given right to own his AR-15, effete Indonesian dining stewards -- ad nauseum. The spa attendants, two cutesy girls who were highly efficient and enthused in charging the amount to my account, hesitated to provide a refund for the remaining 27 days we were not going to use the hydro pool indicating there was nothing that could be done about the individual (after revealing that others had also complained) and suggested we wear earplugs. After dropping the name of the cruise ship spa CEO of Steiner Leisure Limited I was able to obtain my refund with no apologies offered and inference that we were the intolerant culprits. Never again!

Call me a "Rain Man" if you will but.....

$800 per couple = $400pp

$400 pp divided by 30 days = $13.33 per person per day. :eek::eek::eek: