*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Bummer about the A/C on Nav. We will be onboard in two weeks. I like it cool all the time.

We are prepaid at Park N Cruise. We did receive the same email from Jason at EZ Cruise too. I wonder if the city lot has too many empty spots? :rolleyes:

Edited by SnakeBitten

Paula,

I got the same e-mail, and I sent Jason some feedback. I don't have a Galveston cruise booked until Liberty in December 2015, so I have plenty of time to think about parking. I'm not comfortable pre-paying for parking until the dust settles and we see what providers are able to stay in business despite the new fees...I told Jason that.

I don't really understand the whole thing because I couldn't find a link to "Going Green," but it appears to have something to do with the shuttles? We've parked at EZCruise for years and have never used their shuttle, so it seems like a pretty hefty fee to pay for something we don't use.

I wonder if any of the other smaller Galveston lots have sent anything out to past customers. Can any of you Galveston folks shed some light on what's happening with cruise parking? Thanks!

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cindy, we have always used EZCruise and have never used their shuttle. DH always drops me and the luggage at the port then parks and walks back to the port. On Debarkation we always walk back to the lot - heaven knows we need the exercise at that point...LOL.

Sounds like the issue is the cost of the shuttles - they are charged a fee for every trip the shuttle makes to the port. Sounds like worse case scenario Jason would have to discontinue use of his shuttles which would be no problem for us since we never use the shuttles.

Carla

Edited by golfpccc

So, will the same fee be leveled at the shuttle that takes passengers from the cruise terminal to the port parking lot? Seems like the port parking should have to abide by the same fee. Go Green Program should be good for all!!

I got this email from EZ Cruise a few days ago. We've used them for a couple of years and have always been satisfied. Now I'm concerned about reserving and paying for a parking spot for our december Navigator cruise. What happens if they have to close before then? :confused:

EZ Cruise Parking

October 10, 2014

Dear Paula

We still shuttle you and your luggage and the truth behind the Go Green Program.

Ez Cruise Parking

Going Green Program

In my effort to always deliver the best customer service, I've noticed a few comments about my new Go Green program.This idea was born out of necessity because of a new policy enacted by the Port of Galveston.

I love Galveston and truly care about your opinion.

The Port of Galveston (POG) has changed the tariff on the private lots twice in recent months.

POG charged EZ Cruise $8 per space per month that we owned to pick up and drop off our customers at the port. These are access fees that we have been paying for years. POG board members voted to up the per space charge to $28.80 per space which is a 261% increase, outrageous.

The POG board has recently vote to eliminate per space fee and charge us a per trip fee of $30 per trip.

So if I continue to run EZ Cruise the current way at an average of 180 trips per cruise day. I am looking at a $64,000.00 a month payment to the POG. DO the math we would go under in one month. A 11 year old family owned and operated company would close its doors, all private lot would shut down. Also when I say family

its family my mother Cindy Tompkins, Myself, my wife Keisha Hayes, best friend and manager Gino and 30 more hard working employees you have come to love over the past 11 years.

At this point I am not sure what we are going to do but I am sure we are going to fight to save a family and its business. I don't have all the answer but I am doing my best.

Currently we shuttle you, your luggage and your family which is fine. Please understand what we are going through

and struggles we are faced with. Feel free to commit or send us your feed back because there is now way we call do this alone.

Sincerely

Jason Hayes and Family

Edited by denamo
typo

So, will the same fee be leveled at the shuttle that takes passengers from the cruise terminal to the port parking lot? Seems like the port parking should have to abide by the same fee. Go Green Program should be good for all!!

They would just be paying themselves .....

If I was a parking business owner I would have customers drop their luggage prior to parking, then drop them off curbside on Harborside or on a side street. If they wanted entry for some reason, there would be a $30 fee payable to the Port.

They would just be paying themselves .....

If I was a parking business owner I would have customers drop their luggage prior to parking, then drop them off curbside on Harborside or on a side street. If they wanted entry for some reason, there would be a $30 fee payable to the Port.

Sorry, didn't understand the port parking is city owned. :o

Sorry, didn't understand the port parking is city owned. :o

I think the "Port" actually owns the property, then they rent the busses and drivers from the City for transport.. :confused: .. confusing, but I am sure very profitable to them. Sounds like they may just be trying to do away with the "competition". I would like to assume that they are being very well paid for the cruise lines to come in, but who knows ....

I do know that it does bring revenue to the Island area in terms of hotel stays, sales taxes, jobs and basic economic revenue. :confused:

Ok.....This email explains the "Go Green" changes at the EZ Cruise parking. I remembered getting this before the other one and had to search for it. :)

Ez Cruise Parking

Going Green

EZ Cruise Parking is going green. We are now offering larger discounts for those people who would like to first drop their luggage and party members at the terminal and park your car 2 short blocks away and walk to the terminal.

We are also cutting down on our bus trips to the port. We will still shuttle you and your party, we just now encourage you to drop off your family and luggage first.

image1584949.pngGo Green Promotional Codes

7 day cruise promo codes

$20 off park n walk

promo code (20parkwalk)

$10 off parking

promo code (GoGreen)

4 & 5 day cruise promo codes

$15 off park n walk

promo code (15parkwalk)

$10 off parking

promo code (GoGreen)

Sincerely,

Cindy Tompkins

Jason Hayes

Keisha Hayes 409-939-0648

The port also is doing some traffic re-routing. We were on Navigator Oct 5th and parked at ParkNCruise as usual. However, after dropping the luggage, we had to make a right turn and travel quite a distance to get out at an intersection without a light. There was an officer doing a rather poor job of directing traffic - it took forever to get back to ParkNCruise. It would have been faster to park and walk with the luggage.

Ok.....This email explains the "Go Green" changes at the EZ Cruise parking. I remembered getting this before the other one and had to search for it. :)

Ez Cruise Parking

Going Green

EZ Cruise Parking is going green. We are now offering larger discounts for those people who would like to first drop their luggage and party members at the terminal and park your car 2 short blocks away and walk to the terminal.

We are also cutting down on our bus trips to the port. We will still shuttle you and your party, we just now encourage you to drop off your family and luggage first.

Paula, thank you for posting this. I was really confused about the "Go Green" thing. This helps a lot.

The Port of Galveston has parking lots as well as private business owners. The Port lots are owned by the Port.

The private owners own their own property.

The City of Galveston does not own lots for cruise parking.

The private lot owners are protesting the new rate increase to enter the Port of Galveston to drop off passengers. Hotels are in the same boat with the rate increase.

The Port of Galveston is a separate entity from the city.

The Port of Galveston has parking lots as well as private business owners. The Port lots are owned by the Port.

The private lot owners are protesting the new rate increase to enter the Port of Galveston to drop off passengers. Hotels are in the same boat with the rate increase.

I don't understand, if the Port of Galveston is a separate entity from the city then how can the city charge shuttles to enter the Port? Does the city own the port terminals and the land they sit on or are they owned by the Port of Galveston?

The port also is doing some traffic re-routing. We were on Navigator Oct 5th and parked at ParkNCruise as usual. However, after dropping the luggage, we had to make a right turn and travel quite a distance to get out at an intersection without a light. There was an officer doing a rather poor job of directing traffic - it took forever to get back to ParkNCruise. It would have been faster to park and walk with the luggage.

Thanks for the heads up. We are cruising in January and have already made parking arrangements with ParkNCruise as usual also. It has been our experience in Galveston that whoever is directing traffic needs some additional training. Seems like it causes more delays than flow. The whole port experience is always crazy in Galveston. We keep cruising out of there since we're from Texas, allowing us to avoid airfare. It always seems the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing at this port.

I don't understand, if the Port of Galveston is a separate entity from the city then how can the city charge shuttles to enter the Port? Does the city own the port terminals and the land they sit on or are they owned by the Port of Galveston?

The Port charges the fees, not the City.

The Port is a separate entity and is responsible for their own revenue to operate.

The Port of Galveston owns the property as I stated below.

I got this email from EZ Cruise a few days ago. We've used them for a couple of years and have always been satisfied. Now I'm concerned about reserving and paying for a parking spot for our december Navigator cruise. What happens if they have to close before then? :confused:

EZ Cruise Parking

October 10, 2014

Dear Paula

We still shuttle you and your luggage and the truth behind the Go Green Program.

Ez Cruise Parking

Going Green Program

In my effort to always deliver the best customer service, I've noticed a few comments about my new Go Green program.This idea was born out of necessity because of a new policy enacted by the Port of Galveston.

I love Galveston and truly care about your opinion.

The Port of Galveston (POG) has changed the tariff on the private lots twice in recent months.

POG charged EZ Cruise $8 per space per month that we owned to pick up and drop off our customers at the port. These are access fees that we have been paying for years. POG board members voted to up the per space charge to $28.80 per space which is a 261% increase, outrageous.

The POG board has recently vote to eliminate per space fee and charge us a per trip fee of $30 per trip.

So if I continue to run EZ Cruise the current way at an average of 180 trips per cruise day. I am looking at a $64,000.00 a month payment to the POG. DO the math we would go under in one month. A 11 year old family owned and operated company would close its doors, all private lot would shut down. Also when I say family

its family my mother Cindy Tompkins, Myself, my wife Keisha Hayes, best friend and manager Gino and 30 more hard working employees you have come to love over the past 11 years.

At this point I am not sure what we are going to do but I am sure we are going to fight to save a family and its business. I don't have all the answer but I am doing my best.

Currently we shuttle you, your luggage and your family which is fine. Please understand what we are going through

and struggles we are faced with. Feel free to commit or send us your feed back because there is now way we call do this alone.

Sincerely

Jason Hayes and Family

NOW I get it. I oonly got the email about going green. I have used them since 2008 and just did not understand.

SHAME SHAME SHAME on the Port. Galveston Cruiser, do you have any contact info for the Port officials? I want to vent to them. maybe if all of us who drive to Galveston do that, it would do some good. IF they run the others out of business, they better improve their product. Right now, they would not be able to handle it all, how will it be with increased passengers when Liberty gets there????

we have also noticed on ALL ships that it gets hot at night. We have asked if they turn off the AC at night and are always told NO, but I don't believe it.

Can you bring fans on board? I know 1 cruise it was so bad that my sister asked for and got a fan, but don't remember which ship.

I have noticed on 2 ships--FR and NV---that if I put the thermostat all the way over, it was warmer than if I backed it up just a bit. Maybe that's their way I tricking us ;) :rolleyes:

Will be back on NV THIS Sunday, whoohooo

NOW I get it. I oonly got the email about going green. I have used them since 2008 and just did not understand.

SHAME SHAME SHAME on the Port. Galveston Cruiser, do you have any contact info for the Port officials? I want to vent to them. maybe if all of us who drive to Galveston do that, it would do some good. IF they run the others out of business, they better improve their product. Right now, they would not be able to handle it all, how will it be with increased passengers when Liberty gets there????

portofgalveston.com

We sailed out from Port of Galveston twice. One this year in March and one back in 2012. Both time embarkation days were a chaotic nightmare. The port of Galveston terminal 2 was much unorganized comparing to other ports such as Port Canaveral. Since we live in Houston and sailing from Galveston is much more convenience and planning to take a cruise next year from Galveston and wondering the situation at Port of Galveston getting any better? Has anyone who recently sailing from Port of Galveston sees any improvement on embarkation day?

Also I heard they are doing some kind of upgrade improvement on terminal 2 so that it can accommodate larger ship. Hopefully with this improvement will make things better at the terminal. Any know of any updates or status on this improvement/upgrade?

Thanks

We sailed out from Port of Galveston twice. One this year in March and one back in 2012. Both time embarkation days were a chaotic nightmare. The port of Galveston terminal 2 was much unorganized comparing to other ports such as Port Canaveral. Since we live in Houston and sailing from Galveston is much more convenience and planning to take a cruise next year from Galveston and wondering the situation at Port of Galveston getting any better? Has anyone who recently sailing from Port of Galveston sees any improvement on embarkation day?

Also I heard they are doing some kind of upgrade improvement on terminal 2 so that it can accommodate larger ship. Hopefully with this improvement will make things better at the terminal. Any know of any updates or status on this improvement/upgrade?

Thanks

Sailed out Oct 12th on the Navigator OTS. We had no problem getting on board.... Parked at EZCruise parking & they shuttled us right thru. Had a bit of a line to go thru security, but once past that... Went straight to the counter, got our seapasses & were on our way onboard.... Less than an hour from our hotel to the ship. Disembarkation was even less... 40 minutes from our cabin to being on the road in our car!

New terminal is coming... 2015. Nothing yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SRV FAN

Sailed out Oct 12th on the Navigator OTS. We had no problem getting on board.... Parked at EZCruise parking & they shuttled us right thru. Had a bit of a line to go thru security, but once past that... Went straight to the counter, got our seapasses & were on our way onboard.... Less than an hour from our hotel to the ship. Disembarkation was even less... 40 minutes from our cabin to being on the road in our car!

New terminal is coming... 2015. Nothing yet.

]

Thank you. What time did you arrived at the port. In the past we got there around 11:00 am.

This is from the portofgalveston.com website... I don't know if anyone else has posted it or not.... sorry if it has been..

PORT OF GALVESTON APPROVES 5 YEAR AGREEMENT WITH RCCL

Galveston, TX (Jan 28, 2014) – The Port of Galveston is pleased to announce that the Board of Trustees of the Galveston Wharves approved a 5 year agreement with Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. at Monday’s Board meeting. This agreement will generate a minimum of $1.86 million in annual operating revenues for the Port.

The agreement requires making improvements to the Port's Cruise Terminal No. 2 to accommodate larger vessels and more passengers. Initial plans are to increase the size of the terminal, expanding it to 150,000 square feet with the capacity to seat about 1,000. This expansion is estimated to cost approximately $10 million.

“The port has worked closely with Royal Caribbean to identify the upgrades needed to improve their operations at Cruise Terminal No. 2 for both Voyager class vessels and any larger vessels in the future. I’m confident that these improvements will be completed by spring 2015 without disruption to current cruise operations.” said Port Director, Mike Mierzwa.

Royal Caribbean currently operates Navigator of the Seas year round from the Port of Galveston. The cruise line has agreed to an additional 30 calls in both 2014 and 2015, committing to a year-round vessel in both years with a promise to bring a larger vessel to the Port next year when improvements to Cruise Terminal No. 2 are completed.

The Port of Galveston, Texas’ Star Cruise Port serves as the primary point of embarkation for cruises to the western Caribbean and the Bahamas and handles over one million cruise passengers annually. The Port of Galveston is the homeport to Carnival Cruise Lines’ Carnival Magic and Carnival Triumph, and Royal Caribbean International’s Navigator of the Seas. Port of Galveston ranks as the 4th busiest cruise port in the United States and one of the top twenty cruise ports in the world.

This is from the portofgalveston.com website... I don't know if anyone else has posted it or not.... sorry if it has been..

PORT OF GALVESTON APPROVES 5 YEAR AGREEMENT WITH RCCL

Galveston, TX (Jan 28, 2014) – The Port of Galveston is pleased to announce that the Board of Trustees of the Galveston Wharves approved a 5 year agreement with Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. at Monday’s Board meeting. This agreement will generate a minimum of $1.86 million in annual operating revenues for the Port.

The agreement requires making improvements to the Port's Cruise Terminal No. 2 to accommodate larger vessels and more passengers. Initial plans are to increase the size of the terminal, expanding it to 150,000 square feet with the capacity to seat about 1,000. This expansion is estimated to cost approximately $10 million.

“The port has worked closely with Royal Caribbean to identify the upgrades needed to improve their operations at Cruise Terminal No. 2 for both Voyager class vessels and any larger vessels in the future. I’m confident that these improvements will be completed by spring 2015 without disruption to current cruise operations.” said Port Director, Mike Mierzwa.

"Completed by spring 2015"?

Well, it's mid Oct 2014.... They'd better get started soon....... I figure since the Liberty doesn't sail from there until Nov 2015.... The Terminal improvements won't be completed until that time.... Just my .02 worth...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SRV FAN