*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Watched and recorded Disney Magic's arrival this morning. Triumph is supposed to be in port this morning as well, but I don't see her yet.

Just a side note, Mariner arrives one week from tomorrow. :)

When I sailed Disney we were in car on way home before Triumph sailed to her berth. Triumph is a late to the berth ship.

I've been a lurker on the other two threads but thought I would join this time!

We have used Lighthouse Parking several times. $50 if you book online. We will be on the 12/9 Mariner but we are staying at the Holiday Inn with free parking and transportation to and from the ship this time.

We were on the Mariner foir the 46 day Around the Horn cruise when she was moved from Florida to California so we wanted to sail her one more time before she leaves us for good.

We have used Ez cruise getting to the ship has been fine it is getting back to the parking lot afterwards. Don't get me wrong they are very nice there. They just need larger vehicles. The last cruise we had to stand in the rain waiting for a shuttle for quite sometime then people start cutting in line. We have even got tired of waiting and we have walked back to our truck. There needs to be some organization. You don't have these issues in Florida. I will say the port has made some changes with the traffic control but they still need some other changes. Private cars need to have another drop off spot. Shuttle buses should have priority. Just my opinion. :)

No one has mentioned that the Crown Princess is making its way to Galveston (sailing from Venice) in December and will be here before Christmas. Even though that boat will only be here one season, Princess is sending the Caribbean Princess down for the 2014 season coming from NYC to Galveston in October 2014. We will be sailing on her and looking forward to that. I wonder what Princess's commitment to Galveston is beyond that - does anyone know?

Barbara

EZCruise...that is for a 7 day cruise....$50.00

Princess...this is their return visit....I think they are putting their toes in the water (literally)..and hope the season is highly successful for them!

Last time we parked at EZ Cruise we showed up at their lot and they took us all to an offsite lot SEVERAL blocks away. It was still OK...fenced in and secure, I guess.

To all you good Texans out there, a few Galveston questions. We are considering buying a Galveston condo as a second home. How common is hail in that area? I am under the impression it is rare. How often do you have measurable snow?

We've lived here in SE Texas for 35 years and it very, very rarely hails. Also...it has only snowed a measurable amount twice in all these years. I think it was Christmas, 2005, we got 8 inches of snow on Christmas Eve. That was truly a Christmas miracle! :eek:

I received this email from ABC 13 this morning. I'm SO EXCITED!! I knew Princess was comming to Galveston and now it looks like we'll also have a Norwegian ship in 2014!!! I've tried to find out which one but no luck so far. Anyone know? This is FANTASTIC!! :D:D:D

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8886858

Edited by Ladysilver

I received this email from ABC 13 this morning. I'm SO EXCITED!! I knew Princess was comming to Galveston and now it looks like we'll also have a Norwegian ship in 2014!!! I've tried to find out which one but no luck so far. Anyone know? This is FANTASTIC!! :D:D:D

Good news. The only cruise terminal closer to us than Galveston is the Houston terminal, up to now with nothing to offer. We could potentially sail on either Princess (more likely) or NCL from Houston depending on what they will offer.

This would be really great news! I have grown to really like Norwegian. They offer more ports, their buffet is much better and the price is right. They really are good at picking your pocket with specialty places to eat though. There main dining is O.K. but no match for RCL. I will really be watching closely to see if this is true.

It is very exciting to see Princess return to Galveston! I do believe that much competition will sadly mean Disney will move to somewhere else next year after they end this season. What would be nice is different itineraries. We took a Panama Canal cruise on Celebrity out of Galveston one year. That was a nice change from the usual Caribbean ports.

It is very exciting to see Princess return to Galveston! I do believe that much competition will sadly mean Disney will move to somewhere else next year after they end this season. What would be nice is different itineraries. We took a Panama Canal cruise on Celebrity out of Galveston one year. That was a nice change from the usual Caribbean ports.

I would love to see those cruises back, but don't think we will. We did 4 years of those out of Galveston and it was just beyond fun. The cruise lines are cutting back on fuel but moving slower and going shorter routes.