*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Thank you Tucker for sharing your experience on the TA. I would like to do one of those at some point.

I hope we will see greater interest in cruising out of this area. I think we are already maximizing the number of those who will drive to catch a cruise. To grow, we have increase the number who will fly in to catch a cruise. One major complaint is that people think the drive from Houston Intercontinental to the Port of Galveston is too long. I know a lot of people will fly in a day early to catch the start of a cruise. But generally they want to disembark and fly home the same day. One key to the new terminal working is if they can reliably get passengers back to the airport quickly after a cruise. We have good airports and connections. The drawback is the time to travel from the Galveston cruise terminal back to the airport. I believe that factor alone makes some people choose to not cruise out of Galveston.

The other factor I believe limiting popularity is the lack of different itineraries. I truly hope we do not just have more cruise lines going to the same ports. We shall see.

Checked Princess and they're the same. NCL's aren't listed as yet. It would be nice if Key West gets included again. But unless they do longer than 7 days, we're limited to Western Carib.

[sNIP]Happy Sailing and Dylan.....thanks for all of your hard work...really appreciated....Hope you have gotten a chance to cruise. BTW...Are you still collecting the ship Models? Take Care!

Mike

Oops, missed your post yesterday. Sorry about that. :o Still haven't been on a cruise yet. :( Things are looking better, so maybe sometime soon.

I've stopped collecting ship models at the moment.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise!

One problem I think will come up is the lack of parking at the terminal. It was a major complaint when the terminal was used following Ike until Galveston could get back up again.

I remember when Royal had a ship that did 10 days (or maybe more) out of Galveston down to the Panama Canal and back once or twice. Can't remember what was in between.

Tucker in Texas

I remember when Royal had a ship that did 10 days (or maybe more) out of Galveston down to the Panama Canal and back once or twice. Can't remember what was in between.

Tucker in Texas

That was Splendour of the Seas. It was 11 days when we did that cruise in 2002. Besides the canal, it stopped in Limon, and then the usual Western Caribbean ports.

I hope they do NOT go back to Key West. Sorry, but after three trips there, I have little desire to go back. First one was nice but 3 was a 2 too many. Also hoping that Cuba will open up in the next 4 years.

I would think that Norwegian will do the same run as NOLA. If so, that is one nice run. It would include Coast Maya or in other words, 4 ports. One would also think they would resurrect that old Texribbean campaign. :D

I started a roll call today for our B to B cruises to Alaska this summer. Going up and back out of Vancouver.

Hopefully one day I can do a TA cruise.

No timelapse today. :mad: The Harbor Cam froze, and I've tried refreshing multiple times with no sucess. The cam would play for a couple of seconds and then freeze for several seconds.

The Harbor cam was working perfectly until it froze.

No timelapse today. :mad: The Harbor Cam froze, and I've tried refreshing multiple times with no sucess. The cam would play for a couple of seconds and then freeze for several seconds.

The Harbor cam was working perfectly until it froze.

Happen to know if the video Pier23 webcam is functioning? Just get screen that video is loading, but never loads. :( If I click on classic mode, I get a picture which is dated Friday, Nov. 16, 2012. I remember last season when there was a storm, and it knocked the Pier 23 cam offline for quite a while. Seems it never worked quite as well after that. Hoping just a tech glitch today. Hoping the Mariner will still be at Pier 23. :)

Edited by denamo

I slept in and missed it. Thank you for the screen shots Texas Teen! So it seems we will have multiple ships running the same itineraries. It would be interesting to understand the internal business logic how they think this will be be profitable. Somewhere they must see potential growth to support this increase in cruise cabins for sale in this area.

It will be interesting to watch.

Edited by LoneStarJeffe

... So it seems we will have multiple ships running the same itineraries. It would be interesting to understand the internal business logic how they think this will be be profitable. Somewhere they must see potential growth to support this increase in cruise cabins for sale in this area.

It will be interesting to watch.

Then we will hear that the Galveston market is flooded and no one can make money .... then we will see who stays and who bails out! The drama and repeat performance ......