*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

I'm absolutely pissed with myself right now. :mad: I can't believe it. I completely forgot about Crown Princess' first arrival this morning, and it's completely ruined my morning.

This morning I find out that we will be going to Galveston after all - and we're leaving tomorrow! Sounds great to me, I'll get to see Mariner for the first time and see the Carnival Magic again. Then I remember the day before will be Crown Princess' first arrival, and I'll miss it by one day. Oh well, no big deal, I need to make a time lapse of it anyway, and I'd rather see Mariner depart in person than Crown depart in person. Then I realize the Saturday before we're leaving for Galveston is TODAY. I completely forgot to prepare for Princess' arrival yesterday (like set my alarm). I didn't watch it or get a time lapse.

Trying to think about the great news to get in a better mood. I shouldn't be this upset after hearing that I'm going to Galveston. :(

Really starting to look forward to Galveston tomorrow! :D Trying to forget about this morning.

Dylan, no need to beat yourself up. More than one of us on these boards have slipped up and not set an alarm for something. The Crown Princess will be here again next week, although, your disappointment is understandable since this was the first time of her Galveston visit. You do an awesome job of time lapses. Thanks for all you do!

I'm confused. What's the difference between this thread and another one with a very similar name? Why is there more than one?

A couple of years ago, Cruise Critic started taking down threads with too many posts (around 5000+), and my original thread was one of them. So when I started my second thread, I planned to only have it up a year or so before starting a third thread, so I wouldn't lose my second thread for having too many posts like I did my first. And here is my third thread.

Dylan, no need to beat yourself up. More than one of us on these boards have slipped up and not set an alarm for something. The Crown Princess will be here again next week, although, your disappointment is understandable since this was the first time of her Galveston visit. You do an awesome job of time lapses. Thanks for all you do!

Yep, it was missing her first arrival that upset me. Most of the time I don't wake up to watch ships arrive after their first arrival.

The shock of missing her arrival has worn off and I'm looking forward to Galveston now! :D Staying at the Harbor House tomorrow night before going to Houston (I originally thought we were going to be in Houston the entire trip).

Thanks about the time lapses, and you're welcome!

Edited by Texas Teen

For those interested, NCL has their 2014-2015 schedule up. I only searched November 2014 to January 2015 and it looks like they are doing nothing but the Cozumel, Belize, Roatan itinerary out of Houston. No Jamaica, no Grand Cayman, no Eastern Itinerary unless it's after January.

I'm not complaining as I want to do the Eastern Itinerary on Carnival Magic next November and the NCL itinerary the November after. Other than Coz, I've never been to any of the other ports that both those cruises will visit. For those with many cruises under their belts, sorry you aren't going to be getting more of a variety.

News report this Sunday morning....Princess bought more than passengers to Galveston....they also bought Norovirus with them. 93 pax ill. unhappy folks since Princess Medical team charged full price for services and they did the 3 day banned to their cabin routine.

We are staying at Howard Johnson and as soon as I heard the horn blow' date=' I went straight to the cruise cam and there she was:Mariner of the Seas. We will be on her shortly.[/quote']

Have fun. I'll be on Pier 21 to wave goodbye!

News report this Sunday morning....Princess bought more than passengers to Galveston....they also bought Norovirus with them. 93 pax ill. unhappy folks since Princess Medical team charged full price for services and they did the 3 day banned to their cabin routine.

That's not good. :(

For those interested, NCL has their 2014-2015 schedule up. I only searched November 2014 to January 2015 and it looks like they are doing nothing but the Cozumel, Belize, Roatan itinerary out of Houston. No Jamaica, no Grand Cayman, no Eastern Itinerary unless it's after January.

I'm not complaining as I want to do the Eastern Itinerary on Carnival Magic next November and the NCL itinerary the November after. Other than Coz, I've never been to any of the other ports that both those cruises will visit. For those with many cruises under their belts, sorry you aren't going to be getting more of a variety.

Good thing there are different runs for different folks. I don't like Jamaica and really dislike the Caymans even more. We love the western run and like that NCL adds in Costa Maya. (Really love going to Majaual.) Did one eastern run and was overjoyed to go back to the west. Really have no desire to go back to the eastern. We are not beach people, so it is understandably that the eastern runs is of little interest to us.

I say again... just wait until Cuba opens up....... Which port (ports) will get dropped like a hot potato?

Mariner is a great looking ship to see in person!

Carnival Magic's departure was a little depressing. They were having their muster drill DURING departure. :( She sailed past without anyone waving bye to us.

But Mariner's departure made up for that. She never blew the horn to get everyone excited, but I started a shouting/cheering match between us and those on the ship as she sailed past. :D

Mariner is a great looking ship to see in person!

Carnival Magic's departure was a little depressing. They were having their muster drill DURING departure. :( She sailed past without anyone waving bye to us.

But Mariner's departure made up for that. She never blew the horn to get everyone excited, but I started a shouting/cheering match between us and those on the ship as she sailed past. :D

Glad you had a chance to watch. I just about completely missed everything when I finally checked around 5:30. I saw Mariner making the turn on the harbor cam.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Here are some pics of my trip to Galveston! I didn't want to deal with my camera this trip, so I took these with my phone:

2997791.jpg

Carnival Magic pulling in her lines and away from the dock:

2997798.jpg

Carnival Magic during her muster drill:

2997805.jpg

Magic's muster drill (sailaway), con't:

2997810.jpg

Others watching Magic depart:

2997811.jpg

More pics in my next post. The internet has been going in and out so it might be a while.