*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

This has nothing to do with RCCL but I had to vent. We had booked a 7 day Hawaiian cruise on ANOTHER cruiseline. Have had the reservations for about 4 mos. Now we find out that they will be adding 24 suites to the ship from April until October. I don't want to spend all the $$$ we are spending and have to listen/see construction going on. Cancelling this cruise! I'll just book with another line!

This has nothing to do with RCCL but I had to vent. We had booked a 7 day Hawaiian cruise on ANOTHER cruiseline. Have had the reservations for about 4 mos. Now we find out that they will be adding 24 suites to the ship from April until October. I don't want to spend all the $$$ we are spending and have to listen/see construction going on. Cancelling this cruise! I'll just book with another line!

Sounds reasonable to me!

wow don't blame you. at least you found out in time to cancel.

If this is the line I think it is, they have the only game in town unless you do a trans-Pacific.

We took this cruise a couple of years ago with in-laws. It is the most economical way time wise and money wise to see all the islands in seven days. I told them right up front to treat it as transportation from island to island and a roof over their head. Don't expect good food, don't expect good service. Told DH to load up on extra money because we were getting off the ship in the morning and not returning until the evening and would be eating elsewhere on shore. We rented cars in every port.

Bottom line was I ate dirt. The food was pretty decent and the service o.k. except in the dining room at dinner. Very slow, hard to get attention to get refills on water, etc. They would not take a reservation for eight of us one night around 7:00 saying they were full. We went up at 7:00, the place was half empty and were seated immediately and had probably the best dining room service we had the whole week. Anytime we attempted to make a reservation, we were given the choice of 5:30 or 8:30 yet when we went in between those times, we were seated fairly quickly. The crew was very friendly and accommodating and customer service good.

I'd sure wait until next year when all the construction is done. The islands aren't going anywhere (lol).

Tucker in Texas

"I'd sure wait until next year when all the construction is done. The islands aren't going anywhere (lol)." I don't know.... after December 21, everything will be gone. Or so it goes in the media. ;)

I see that Princess is no longer listed on Travelocity out of Galveston, but is now listed for spring break 2014 out of Houston. We are awaiting the first posting from Norwegian and will see about a b to b that Christmas on them. I hope they keep that port line up.

If this is the line I think it is, they have the only game in town unless you do a trans-Pacific.

Tucker in Texas

Yes, it is and they are the only game in town for a 7 day. Oh well...thinking about sailing X out of Ensenada to Hawaii. It's an 11 night and then you fly back from Honolulu. Geesh...I hate changing plans. I'm so OCD about having all my ducks in a row. The cancelled cruise was in May and this one is in Sept. Oh well...got a new grandbaby coming in May so maybe it will all work out for the best!

Remind me again why we are on this board? We no long really have a cam to watch our beloved RCL ships. All we get is a bow shot of Carnivore and a brief look as it sails away. (Or in if you are an early riser on Sunday.) Galveston really needs to spring for a decent cam of both ships.

Rant over..... (for now)

I am with you! Someone please fix the webcam!!

Remind me again why we are on this board? We no long really have a cam to watch our beloved RCL ships. All we get is a bow shot of Carnivore and a brief look as it sails away. (Or in if you are an early riser on Sunday.) Galveston really needs to spring for a decent cam of both ships.

Rant over..... (for now)

Rant over..... (for now)

Ideally from the opposite side so we can see both ships.

Rant over..... (for now)

I agree why?

We are in hotel by pool

in ft Lauderdale with friends

for southern Carribean Vision

And looked in to see mariner

And can't see it!

Guess I'll tryto watch it leave.

Edited by ssb

I agree why?

We are in hotel by pool

in ft Lauderdale with friends

for southern Carribean Vision

And looked in to see mariner

And can't see it!

Guess I'll tryto watch it leave.

You're trying to see a ship on webcam while you're on vacation in Fort Lauderdale? :confused:

You're trying to see a ship on webcam while you're on vacation in Fort Lauderdale? :confused:

Yes

Was sitting by pool at hotel day before cruise

Waiting on friends to arrive.

We live in Galveston and was just surfing keeping up.

Lots going on there .

Now waiting on friends to come down and make transfer to ship.

We will be sailing southern Carribean this afternoon.

Yes

Was sitting by pool at hotel day before cruise

Waiting on friends to arrive.

We live in Galveston and was just surfing keeping up.

Lots going on there .

Now waiting on friends to come down and make transfer to ship.

We will be sailing southern Carribean this afternoon.

Have a wonderful trip!

Hi Galveston Webcam Friends!

We just got back on Friday from our first HAL cruise...an 11-night Southern Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale. It was awesome! I really wish someone would do some longer cruises out of Galveston.

Ft. Lauderdale is probably the busiest but also the easiest and most convenient port we have ever sailed from. Even their webcams get an A++! We flew in two days before our cruise to avoid the post-Thanksgiving crowds, and spent Sunday afternoon sitting at the top of the drawbridge watching 5 ships depart.:)

I was a little nervous on Friday when we returned, because we had an 11:25 a.m. flight back to Houston. Much to my surprise we were sitting on our balcony when our tag color was called at 8:00, and we found ourselves at the airport at 8:30 with three hours to make our flight!:p As we breezed through customs and immigration with one of the abundant porters and into a taxi so fast it made my head spin, I kept thinking the Port of Galveston folks need to take a field trip to see how it's done!:rolleyes: I've loved all my cruises from Galveston...until it was time to disembark. One year on the Voyager and last year on the Mariner it was almost a three hour marathon!:mad:

Hi Galveston Webcam Friends!

We just got back on Friday from our first HAL cruise...an 11-night Southern Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale. It was awesome! I really wish someone would do some longer cruises out of Galveston.

Ft. Lauderdale is probably the busiest but also the easiest and most convenient port we have ever sailed from. Even their webcams get an A++! We flew in two days before our cruise to avoid the post-Thanksgiving crowds, and spent Sunday afternoon sitting at the top of the drawbridge watching 5 ships depart.:)

I was a little nervous on Friday when we returned, because we had an 11:25 a.m. flight back to Houston. Much to my surprise we were sitting on our balcony when our tag color was called at 8:00, and we found ourselves at the airport at 8:30 with three hours to make our flight!:p As we breezed through customs and immigration with one of the abundant porters and into a taxi so fast it made my head spin, I kept thinking the Port of Galveston folks need to take a field trip to see how it's done!:rolleyes: I've loved all my cruises from Galveston...until it was time to disembark. One year on the Voyager and last year on the Mariner it was almost a three hour marathon!:mad:

We would really love to try HAL. Wish they would give Galveston a try. Yeah, Lauderdale really does know how to run a cruise ship operation. Always been impressed with them.

One year on the Voyager and last year on the Mariner it was almost a three hour marathon!:mad:

I second that emotion! Canaveral was awesome too. Just strolled off with our luggage and on the road to the airport in 20 minutes. Last year was horrible! I've given up hope with Galveston...it is what it is! Disaster. I can no longer even defend the port to those across the country who complain! And I cannot pinpoint where they go wrong, can you? I can only say maybe they do not let people off until we are all like cattle on the promenade! Ich!:mad: