Mdr

nursewurmy

My Lord, get the chip off your shoulder and don't be so evil. The OP appeared to only want a range or recommended amount to tip. No one is interested in your personal business. Relax.:confused:

It was probably more of a reaction to the fact that way too many people around here are overly concerned with how much others tip, how they dress, how they raise there kids.....

My Lord, get the chip off your shoulder and don't be so evil. The OP appeared to only want a range or recommended amount to tip. No one is interested in your personal business. Relax.:confused:

Evil - hahahaha get over yourself. Someone asked how much I pay and I asked why was it his business ...... fair question.

When not doing pre-paid gratuities, anything that you enclose in the envelope is for that person and that person alone. There is no sharing.

However, if you have Pre-paid your gratuities then those monies go into a payroll account and are divided out amongst those that have served you at the recommended gratuity amount for the number of nights you have cruised. If you chose to give something extra on the last night, that is theirs to keep.

This is what I like! Whatever I, "enclose in the envelope is for that person and that person alone."

That is what a is tip is for.

Service charge=Bill Tip=Thank you for good Service.

While I'm still "tipping" I will do just that.

Right now, the suggested tipping for the wait staff is $6.65 per day or $46.55 per week.

I am curious if those who eat in the Windjammer all week (3 meals a day) leave a $46 tip at the end of the week.

yogi..........I have not read all the way through this thread, but we cover this with MTD, where all recommended tips are required in advance. Actually, I would think that the ship would be happier if everyone paid their tips in advance, and the crew could count on that for their pay. But that is just my way of thinking.

More as I get through the entire thread.

Rick

You were booked in an Owner's Suite which makes a difference. If you had been booked in a JS cabin or below, you would have gotten a call..

Evening Patti,

While some bicker of how you have received your information, not just about tipping, but so many other things that have to do with Royal Caribbean, after our TA together, I know, for a fact, that you ask, and get the facts, to the best of your ability. This is why, when you write, so many look to you for the correct answers!!;)

And you also know that we basically cruise in OS's. The reason that I bring this up, is that we also get calls from the MTD head waiter, to question why we have not shown up for dinner.

The MTD staff calls everyone that has not shown up for dining. It may now make more sense to me, that through correct record keeping, the pre paid tips are moved to where the people that take care of us, are paid.

Thanks for giving answers that are coming from the shipboard management.

Rick

Evil - hahahaha get over yourself. Someone asked how much I pay and I asked why was it his business ...... fair question.

Yes, indeed it was a fair question I asked. The fact that you refused to answer it indicates something.

The staff depends on their tips for their living. For many, those tips are sent home to struggling families in second or third world countries.

We all are good at rationalizations and making excuses for ourselves when we make poor decisions.

"I didn't eat in the MDR, so I will tip in the Winjammer." Well guess what? I have never seen anyone tip in the Windjammer!

That doesn't mean that you did not. But it is a fair question to ask what indeed you tipped and how it compared to the recommended guidelines!

[/font][/color]

Sounds like your wait staff has figured out a way to make you pay gratuities above what is recommended.

I always pay cash in the amount recommended by the cruise line unless my gratuities were paid by the travel agent as part of a "deal".

Over and over on this website I have heard people say that the wait staff doesn't care if you pay cash or pre pay.

There is no way the staff would say that if they got to keep cash and had to pool pre paid on paper.

And they usually say they don’t care. cash or on the books, all the same to them.

Unless the TA paid my gratuities, I would never pay anything but cash to any individual.

I always suspected that the cruise line took away money that I meant to go for some individual. Sounds like I was right.

If you would never tip anything but cash, you aren't interested in doing MTD. There is no option other than to prepay for MTD.

Yes, indeed it was a fair question I asked. The fact that you refused to answer it indicates something.

The staff depends on their tips for their living. For many, those tips are sent home to struggling families in second or third world countries.

We all are good at rationalizations and making excuses for ourselves when we make poor decisions.

"I didn't eat in the MDR, so I will tip in the Winjammer." Well guess what? I have never seen anyone tip in the Windjammer!

That doesn't mean that you did not. But it is a fair question to ask what indeed you tipped and how it compared to the recommended guidelines!

You have never been in the Windjammer with me then.:rolleyes: Yes I know all about the struggling families. My mother told my brothers and me all about the starving children in **insert country of choice** everytime we complained about what she cooked for dinner.

Actually it's none of your business. I have always paid my grats however I really couldn't care less about who comes from what country and how much they send home or how much they spend on themselves - for the same reason - it's none of my business. If someone give me decent sevice, I say thank you with my gratuities.

I find it sad that so many people such as yourself feel you have to tell others what to do and how much to do it with.

What part of none of your business don't you understand or do you expect everyone on the ship you are on to call you to tell you "I tipped the waitstaff in the Windjammer just now - come and see."

If you would never tip anything but cash, you aren't interested in doing MTD. There is no option other than to prepay for MTD.

I have never used MTD on RCC. And I do pay gratuities in cash in the amount recommended by the cruise line.

A few times I have received pre paid gratuities as an incentive from the TA.

In those cases I let that be my gratuity.

Archived