First day specialty restaurant bookings

mikeyg0

Hey everyone,

I'm going on the Solstice next year and the first night of the cruise is my mum's birthday, so I want to dine in one of the speciality restaurants.

I seem to remember reading on here though that sometimes they have specials/discounts on board for the first night of the cruise. Is this right?

If so, should I hold off booking online at full price and instead book as soon as we board?

Thanks,

Michael.

I'm going on the Solstice next year and the first night of the cruise is my mum's birthday, so I want to dine in one of the speciality restaurants.

I seem to remember reading on here though that sometimes they have specials/discounts on board for the first night of the cruise. Is this right?

If so, should I hold off booking online at full price and instead book as soon as we board?Thanks,Michael.

You can book on-line, and if they are offering the discount package on-board, they will honor the discount on your reservation. (If you ask.) :)

How does one know find out about these offers?

There will be a table set up for specialty restaurant bookings, & they will have flyers for the special offers, also, usually on late port days, there will be specials offered on that day, flyers will be handed out as you come back on board... my experience is on longer Europe cruises only, so I don't know if they do this on shorter Caribbean cruises.

You can book on-line, and if they are offering the discount package on-board, they will honor the discount on your reservation. (If you ask.) :)

I think Texed has a lot more experience than I do... ( & he's eaten a lot more waffles :D ) I didn't know they would honor the discount if you pre booked... usually if I pre book, I prepay... do they refund the difference?

I think Texed has a lot more experience than I do... ( & he's eaten a lot more waffles :D ) I didn't know they would honor the discount if you pre booked... usually if I pre book, I prepay... do they refund the difference?

Just to add to this thread, yes they will refund the differance if you pre booked your reservation to your ship board account! The great thing about this you will have your time you want for dinner and will not need to take what times are still available. We you board go to the specialty restaurant table and let them know you already have reservations and you want to take advantage of their special and they will make changes to your ship board account! I hope this helps, we did this on our last cruise!

Just one more thing. In consideration of your MDR table mates if you opt for traditional dining, please stop by the MDR to let them and your waiter know that you are dining the first night at a specialty restaurant.

On one cruise we had requested a large table. At a table for 8, no one else showed up the first night. We dined alone, naively rather upset that the cruise line would do this to us. The next night the table mates showed up and told us that their travel agent had gifted them the first night at a specialty restaurant. Since that time, when we go to a specialty restaurant the first night, we always stop by the MDR to introduce ourselves as a matter of courtesy. You can't imagine how much your table mates and the waiter appreciate that.

Of course, if you are on select dining or in Blu, please disregard the above suggestion.

Kitty,

They did honor the discount for us. There were 3 and 5 night specialty restaurant packages. We had pre-paid, and we added nights and they just charged the difference with the discounted price. :)

We also got emails the closer we got to our sailing which is this weekend, offering us 20% off the first night in a specialty restaurant. I'd wait until a little closer and see if you get one of those.

As others have mentioned they will refund you any difference if you book now.

Last year we paid for one night in a specialty, got onboard and they offered a 3 package deal that was better. They refunded us the price we paid so we could get the package deal.

Just to add to this thread, yes they will refund the differance if you pre booked your reservation to your ship board account! The great thing about this you will have your time you want for dinner and will not need to take what times are still available. We you board go to the specialty restaurant table and let them know you already have reservations and you want to take advantage of their special and they will make changes to your ship board account! I hope this helps, we did this on our last cruise!

Kitty,

They did honor the discount for us. There were 3 and 5 night specialty restaurant packages. We had pre-paid, and we added nights and they just charged the difference with the discounted price. :)

thanks both for the info, I always thought it was a trade off between getting the night/time I wanted, & getting the discount, good to know I can get both!

thanks both for the info, I always thought it was a trade off between getting the night/time I wanted, & getting the discount, good to know I can get both!

Enjoy, your meal with your mum. I think she will really appreciate it as you have made the celebration even more wonderful.:D

We also got emails the closer we got to our sailing which is this weekend, offering us 20% off the first night in a specialty restaurant. I'd wait until a little closer and see if you get one of those.

As others have mentioned they will refund you any difference if you book now.

Last year we paid for one night in a specialty, got onboard and they offered a 3 package deal that was better. They refunded us the price we paid so we could get the package deal.

Had you booked directly with X or via a TA? io've booked through a TA & hope that this inforamtion will be passed on

Kitty,

You are very welcome. :)

Archived