Average spend on alcohol and other drinks on a cruise

Just wondering what your average spend is like, on a per-day basis.

We come from Singapore and we don't really have a culture of drinking. So I am just wondering how much cruisers from other countries spend.

In our case, I recall I didn't even have a single paid drink in my last 8 nights cruise. Ok, I had some complimentary wine during the C&A Welcome Back and Top-Tier party. So the spend on alcohol was $0!

And we are not Diamond yet, so we don't have access to free alcohol.

We usually will have 2, maybe 3 drinks a day between the two of us. With the few other things we buy our bill at the end of a 7 night cruise is in the neighborhood of $100. It is more if we decide to go to a specialty restaurant for dinner, but those are few and far between as well.

Just wondering what your average spend is like, on a per-day basis.

We come from Singapore and we don't really have a culture of drinking. So I am just wondering how much cruisers from other countries spend.

In our case, I recall I didn't even have a single paid drink in my last 8 nights cruise. Ok, I had some complimentary wine during the C&A Welcome Back and Top-Tier party. So the spend on alcohol was $0!

And we are not Diamond yet, so we don't have access to free alcohol.

well there are other things besides alcohol.. specialty coffees, milkshakes, soda. we do not drink any of these on a regular basis, but ginger ale is my go to for an upset tummy/seasickness so that's a couple dollars each time with gratuity.

but as for an average... there isn't one. with options like alcohol or wine packages, that takes the bit out for some people, while others only have one drink a day, and still others will run up a bar tab of 4 digits.

I DO come from a culture of drinking, but i didn't wanna run up a huge bill so i budgeted myself to 1 drink a day (Either a glass of wine or cocktail) and i was so busy, to be honest i didn't even think much about my alcohol intake.

I mainly drank from the complimentary drinks taps and occasionally added some vodka from my rum runner but hardly even touched base on my supply!

I have a few beers/drinks during the day, cocktail before dinner, wine with dinner, and a few sociables in the evening. Still, I went ahead and figured out aproximately what I spend per day and it didn't warrant me doing the alcohol package. The alcohol package is $45-$55 per day depending which package you order. I figured $45 to be more than I would spend per day minus wine by the bottle for dinner.

Hope this helps. :)

This question is asked regularly on this forum. Just do a search and you'll find numerous threads regarding this very subject.

Yes, one could do a search regarding this subject, but what is the fun of that? It is much more fun to ask the question, and to have the responses. Some people refer to it as a conversation.

Oh well, here goes, $40 per person per day on a our last 7 night sailing. That included a wine & dine package, speciality coffees, bottled water, milk shakes. So basically any beverage not included in the cruise fare.

And that doesn't include the complimentary cocktails from the Diamond Lounge.

This question is asked regularly on this forum. Just do a search and you'll find numerous threads regarding this very subject.

If you are going to waste your time posting anything, why not just answer the OPs question?

As for the OPs question: We usually spend between $100-$200 per cruise with the latter being if there is a true Diamond Lounge or not. We considered the all inclusive packages but decided with the port days it wouldn't make it worth while. Now, if we were taking a cruise that didn't really have many ports we would consider it.

Last two times, we took a 7 day wine package at $210, plus a few cocktails amounting to about $300-350 in total. We don't gamble or buy coffees, maybe a soda from the minibar to mix with our own hooch!:D

Just noticed we're now below 300 days til Norwegian Epic cruise, yippee!

If you are going to waste your time posting anything, why not just answer the OPs question?

As for the OPs question: We usually spend between $100-$200 per cruise with the latter being if there is a true Diamond Lounge or not. We considered the all inclusive packages but decided with the port days it wouldn't make it worth while. Now, if we were taking a cruise that didn't really have many ports we would consider it.

Personally I don't think my post was a waste of time as people often do not realize that there's a search function on CC.

Chose not to specifically answer OP's question as what I spend in no way has any bearing on what he/she might spend nor is it anyone's business. Not meant to sound rude just being truthful.

On our last cruise I think my wife and I had a beer each in the evening but even that added up because of the cruise being a 12 night. We are not day drinkers because it just makes us too sleepy to over-carb like that. That being said, we did have a few drinks at the ports because you can't pass up a $1.00 beer on the beach.:)

Really, everyone's bar tab is different. Do a search for drink menus/prices...then you can determine what you'll spend based on YOUR drinking habits!

If the OP hasn't cruised before, he may not be aware of the many tempting opportunities for drinking day and night on a cruise ship and may be interested in if people really drink a lot more on a cruise than in regualr life.

I think it helps to have some idea of what other people spend, especially as some included the cost of sodas, fruit juices and milk shakes too. He might be surprised to learn even bottles water will cost extra and might not have planned for such expenses.

I think almost any question about cruising is fair here, most especially for first time cruisers. Finding out what other people experience is a help, even if he does decide to spend more or less than they did.

Just looking at price menus is quite abstract. It doesn't really show the reality of what the real cruise expereince may bring. On my first cruise, I was astounded how much alcohol and soda people were drinking.

So you are NOT asking this to in anyway improve or to plan better for an upcoming cruise!?!? :rolleyes: Seeing that you have already cruised and seem to know exactly what your are NOT going to spend on drinks.

So ...... you're just being NOSY!!! Asking questions about others spending or $$$ in general, for no other reason than to be NOSY is considered rude........ at least in this culture it is. :D :)

So you are NOT asking this to in anyway improve or to plan better for an upcoming cruise!?!? :rolleyes: Seeing that you have already cruised and seem to know exactly what your are NOT going to spend on drinks.

So ...... you're just being NOSY!!! Asking questions about others spending or $$$ in general, for no other reason than to be NOSY is considered rude........ at least in this culture it is. :D :)

Relax not sure you should be calling someone else rude.........

That comment is just RUDE!

Archived