Does anyone ever get nervous or maybe a little scared before a cruise?

goldgirl2

I have only been on one cruise. I was never going to go on a cruise. Then my company's national convention was on a cruise and I was pretty much forced to go. I was terrified. I went and had a great time. I did not get sea sick and that was one of my biggest fears. We were in rough water a couple of days and my head felt funny (I don't drink alcohol). I was also nervous about no contact with the kids. I am one week away from making our final payment and I am freaking out again! I am once again scared to go:eek:

I've discovered that I tend to worry and over-analyze all the little "what-if's" as the trip approaches. Once it starts, I get caught up in the excitement and forget about all those 'what-if's'. Then once it's all over, I remember all those silly things I was worried about and laugh at myself. ;)

I have only been on one cruise. I was never going to go on a cruise. Then my company's national convention was on a cruise and I was pretty much forced to go. I was terrified. I went and had a great time. I did not get sea sick and that was one of my biggest fears. We were in rough water a couple of days and my head felt funny (I don't drink alcohol). I was also nervous about no contact with the kids. I am one week away from making our final payment and I am freaking out again! I am once again scared to go:eek:

Don't worry. Things always work out great. Cruising is the best way to vacation. Once you are on the ship and settled you will have a great time. And that time on the ship goes by so quick. I know it must be hard to leave the kids, but they will be fine. Just enjoy

Jan

I know someone who won't cruise because she is afraid of sharks.

I know whole families that won't go because they can't swim. Huh???

I only get nervous when I have a nightmare about forgetting our passports....

You'll be fine, have a ball!

Yes...every single cruise. I have had anxiety or nerves or whatever you want to call it before every cruise. Will I miss the ship, will I get sick, am I forgetting to pack something, what if something happens to a loved one while I am gone, blah blah blah. And I have strange dreams too in the months before my cruise. Dreams like I forgot my formal clothes or the ship does not have my booking.

You are not alone in the pre-cruise jitters. Try to calm yourself (I know, easier said than done) and here is wishing you a GREAT cruise!

My usual nightmare is that I'm standing at the port with no paperwork or the ship had to change piers (never happens in real life) and I don't know where it is.

Needless to say, my ADD mind already has paperwork in its travel location and I've still got most of 2 months to go before we sail! :o

There actually was another similar thread about this and I have just the opposite situation. I tend to get more anxious and scared by about the last day of the cruise I am on - don't want to have to pack again, affraid to get off and not be able to reboard, don't want to return to reality and work at the end of the cruise...........:D

The only thing I worried about once we were onboard was when my BF told me after our first night that he'd had a dream that our dog died.

But he was just fine when we got home. (Both my BF and our dog, that is :p )

That happened to me. My sweet dog died (quickly and very unexpectedly) half way through my AOS cruise a few years ago. Needless to say I have terrible anxiety about my current dog when it comes to vacations.

I get the strange pre cruise dreams too:o . Once I dreamed my hubby was boarding the ship with out me with some strange woman. Other times it has been I forgot all my luggage or the ship left with out us. Silly Silly things. I ALWAYS get worked up that I am going to get sick (or my DH or the kids) and we will have to cancel to the point that every sniff ,cough or hickup gets me worked up. So far hubby has not been found in any cabin but ours , We have never missed the ship and have not canceled due to illness ! Oh and I over pack, would take the devil himself to keep my luggage from me ...:rolleyes: !

After nearly forty cruises I still get anxious before a cruise. Also, the reverse is true. I get very nervous the last day of a cruise too. The last day nerves involve being able to fit everything in my suitcases and the struggle to get off the ship. Usually there is no "struggle", but I always fear there will be. Yup, after nearly forty cruises. Guess I'll never learn.:o

I can relate to the anxiety. I am terrified of flying. We typically drive when possible but when we fly I start getting anxious weeks before the flight. In fact right now we are about 30 days from flying for our cruise on Liberty and I'm already thinking/worrying about it. I know I'm only making it worse but I can't help it. Of course I keep telling myself it will all be worth it 2 1/2 hours later when we land in Fort Lauderdale!

I don't get nervous or scared but I still get very excited.

I did once have a dream that we arrived at the port and I didn't have our passports. I couldn't figure out how to get back to RI and then back to FL in time to make the cruise. I was very happy to wake up.

I did once have a dream that we arrived at the port and I didn't have our passports. I couldn't figure out how to get back to RI and then back to FL in time to make the cruise. I was very happy to wake up.

I think that dream to frequent cruisers is as common as a kid dreaming about showing up at school naked. ;)

I get anxious before every single trip. Really to anywhere, but especially cruises or flying overseas. I am usually fine when I arrive, but it gets so bad that just days before I want to cancel and stay home. But I know it always goes away if I just force myself to leave work, leave home, leave the dogs, etc.

For us when we cruise - it isn't so much of getting nervous or scared - it's when they tell us we need to get off the ship at the end of the cruise.

You'll be fine - enjoy your cruise - have fun and relax...

Archived