First time in Aqua class.....

alwayshappytocruise

:o I apologise in advance if this has been asked and answered ad nauseum! I tried the search feature w/out success. I would like to know what to expect, all I know so far is the shower is really nice and that we can dine in Blu! What, if anything, else is offered? How does the spa thingy work? I am also wondering if we should get one of the specialty dining packages. Ok, I do have one more "wondering", does our RCCL D+ get automatically linked with Elite or do we have to do something? This will only be our second Celebrity cruise....June 7 2013 on the Reflection.

Thanks, I appreciate any and all input!!!

Lynda

:o I apologise in advance if this has been asked and answered ad nauseum! I tried the search feature w/out success. I would like to know what to expect, all I know so far is the shower is really nice and that we can dine in Blu! What, if anything, else is offered? How does the spa thingy work? I am also wondering if we should get one of the specialty dining packages. Ok, I do have one more "wondering", does our RCCL D+ get automatically linked with Elite or do we have to do something? This will only be our second Celebrity cruise....June 7 2013 on the Reflection.

Lynda

Blu is like eating in a Specialty restaurant every night, I would not get any packages but I am satisfied with Blu. Not everyone is so choice is yours.

You are not automatically linked to Elite, contact or have your TA contact Celebrity Captains Club with your C@A number, they will then create a Captains Club number. Make sure they associate your CC number to whatever reservations you have. Only takes a few minutes.

Lynda

There are some extra toiletries in the stateroom - lip balm and a face refresher, etc. Bottled water in the room, usually 2 a day, but we have always been able to ask for more and the steward ahas always brought them no prob. Specialty iced tea in the room daily - changes (and not very good in our opinion, we just ask for extra water instead), room aromatherapy diffuser, BLU, which is the assigned dining room for Aqua - like eating in a specialty restaurant every night - and free access to the Persian Gardens, which includes heated tile loungers, some various steam rooms, etc. We love them on both M and S class ships, others are not as keen on them. You have a different color SeaPass card than other staterooms, you just need to show it at the spa counter and they will get you set for the Persian Gardens.

To get your D+ status linked over to Elite on Celebrity, you need to contact the Captain's Club (preferably call, it's quickest) and give them your info and they will assign you a Captain's Club number.

Hope that helps, I am sure others will chime in shortly with a more commprehensive list of inclusions, etc. Enjoy your cruise!!

In addition to what the others said - we LOVED the relaxation room. It was so nice and quiet. We laid on the beds drinking the flavored water and watched the world go by. So peaceful and relaxing!

But we mainly choose AQ for Blu. Even my DH, who is not a foodie, will only cruise in AQ because of Blu. While it may not be for everyone, it is for us and it is the only line we make a point of getting up early enough every morning to go to breakfast. The parfaits and muesli are fantastic!

We never got a specialty restaurant package but did eat in Tuscan one week and the Asian place the other week on the Solstice. Both were delicious, but we would have been just fine staying in Blu. We will be trying Q-sine in March because we will be sailing with some friends who will not be in AQ and want to dine with them at least once during our sailing!

Lynda

My thoughts/hints:

The Blu breakfast is excellent with a wide range of options and fresh orange juice, but if you want good cappuccino or a bloody mary, Blu charges....hint...stop by the "elite" breakfast for some good coffee after eating breakfast in Blu.

The specialty restaurants are a step up from Blu and a major step up from the MDR....but it's really up to your wallet whether you want to try them. I would try at least Murano for one meal but they will likely offer you a discount on the ship so I'd wait to book it. QSINE is a fun meal as well..it would be my second choice. Note: we almost always book aqua and with the exception of our last cruise, we always eat in the specialty restaurants once on each cruise. We felt a bit chubby on our last cruise, so we skipped murano and tuscan grill (both are heavy meals), but we did eat in qsine and it was a very nice meal, worth the extra $'s.

Canapes...each day they will bring canapes to your room (if you are there). Frankly, the canapes aren't all that exciting, but you can request a cheese plate instead which also isn't all that exciting, but it's different :)

Even though you are in aqua and will be attending the "elite" party from 5-7, you might want to stop by the buffet area and have a pre-appetizer of sushi.

There is a pillow choice/menu but you probably won't find it in your room....ask your cabin steward. Don't rely on the binoculars provided, they are useless toys but the umbrellas are OK. I would not rave about the shower...it is a shower. If you try to set the jets to spray on you and have the overhead spray on as well, you will likely be disappointed because the jets are too strong so they can actually be painful. That's not celebrities problem BTW, it's the way the fancy shower is designed. Internet time: sign up for it the day you board...you may get an additional free 20% minutes. Each elite passenger gets a coupon for free minutes to be used during the cruise...use it to sign up on the first day in the computer center.

Blu: there are a few things that seem to always be available but aren't on the menus: corned beef hash for breakfast; onion soup for dinner. There are probably more...ask your waiter.

Have a great cruise....

We had sailed only three times on Celebrity but had signed up for Captains Club (back when there was a fee for doing so). Hadn't sailed with them in years but as soon as we turned Diamond on Royal, we started getting emails from Celebrity identifying us as Elite members. I guess they have some way of knowing.

In addition to what the others said - we LOVED the relaxation room. It was so nice and quiet. We laid on the beds drinking the flavored water and watched the world go by. So peaceful and relaxing!

But we mainly choose AQ for Blu. Even my DH, who is not a foodie, will only cruise in AQ because of Blu. While it may not be for everyone, it is for us and it is the only line we make a point of getting up early enough every morning to go to breakfast. The parfaits and muesli are fantastic!

We never got a specialty restaurant package but did eat in Tuscan one week and the Asian place the other week on the Solstice. Both were delicious, but we would have been just fine staying in Blu. We will be trying Q-sine in March because we will be sailing with some friends who will not be in AQ and want to dine with them at least once during our sailing!

Hi Amy,

Good to see you back on the boards, not seen you on our roll call for a while. Hope everything is ok with you. Look forward to meeting you in March.

Sorry folks, I've hijacked this thread.

About to take our third celebrity cruise - the 12/22 departure on the Reflection. Took our very first cruise on Eclipse last Christmas, and got AQ. Absolutely loved it. [i lost 8 pounds from eating healthy.]

In our opinion, Blu is the #1 reason to book AQ. Period. We took a quick 5 day on the non-solsticized Millenium, and had a great Concierge Class room on the back of the ship. Loved the room. Hated the MDR. Perhaps it was because we were seated with a very outspoken religious family that stated plainly that we were going to hell. But I digress.

The ability to go eat whenever we want, and have good, healthy options available, is worth whatever upgrade cost to AQ you would have to pay.

Thank you all! Sounds like Blu is fabulous in it's own right! Can't wait to hit the Persian Garden, sounds like a slice of heaven. Am I right to assume that there are robes in the cabin?

Yes, AQ cabins have the nice, thick Fretted robes. They may also have robes at PG - I know they did on Summit but don't recall if they did on Eclipse - I wore the one from my cabin. Do be sure to wear a bathing suit too...nudity in the PG is frowned upon;)

Yes, AQ cabins have the nice, thick Fretted robes. They may also have robes at PG - I know they did on Summit but don't recall if they did on Eclipse - I wore the one from my cabin. Do be sure to wear a bathing suit too...nudity in the PG is frowned upon;)

That's great to know....I just went to a spa in a small hotel in Garmisch.....opened the door and saw way too much!!!:eek::eek: Had to leave and I think I dropped an "eff bomb" too!! I'm sure they laughed and talked a lot about the "poor American"!!!!

I just got off the Reflection yesterday and ate at Blu (via my aqua class cabin), and it was terrific. The food is made to order and REALLY tasty. I do t know that my husband would have liked it- he is a very plain eater. So it depends on your taste. But i thought it was great - they were able to bring me a fresh mozzarella salad when there wasn't anything else that I wanted as an appetizer/salad. They went out of their way. It was terrific!

Hi Amy,

Good to see you back on the boards, not seen you on our roll call for a while. Hope everything is ok with you. Look forward to meeting you in March.

Sorry folks, I've hijacked this thread.

Just posted on our roll call thread!

To the OP - Other than Blu which is why we basically choose AQ, we also like the footstools on the balcony. A really really nice touch and oh so relaxing. Ahhhhh :)

No, thankfully. The first night was te NCAA basketball finals, so the ship did a tailgate in the sky lounge and we watched the game. 2nd night was my birthday, and we went to the fancy specialty. 3rd night was the bad MDR experience, so 4th night we just had salad from the buffet (happy to take a night off of rich stuff anyway), and decided to sprint for the specialty for the last night, to try to salvage the experience.

How obnoxious....did you have to put up with that for the whole 5 nights?:eek:

About to take our third celebrity cruise - the 12/22 departure on the Reflection. Took our very first cruise on Eclipse last Christmas, and got AQ. Absolutely loved it. [i lost 8 pounds from eating healthy.]

In our opinion, Blu is the #1 reason to book AQ. Period. We took a quick 5 day on the non-solsticized Millenium, and had a great Concierge Class room on the back of the ship. Loved the room. Hated the MDR. Perhaps it was because we were seated with a very outspoken religious family that stated plainly that we were going to hell. But I digress.

The ability to go eat whenever we want, and have good, healthy options available, is worth whatever upgrade cost to AQ you would have to pay.

I would have said that I am already there by having to sit at a table full of hypocrites because the bible that you believe in says not to judge others. :eek: Or if I die before you do I will save you a place next to me becasue you are such a fun group.

I would have said that I am already there by having to sit at a table full of hypocrites because the bible that you believe in says not to judge others. :eek: Or if I die before you do I will save you a place next to me becasue you are such a fun group.

No, thankfully. The first night was te NCAA basketball finals, so the ship did a tailgate in the sky lounge and we watched the game. 2nd night was my birthday, and we went to the fancy specialty. 3rd night was the bad MDR experience, so 4th night we just had salad from the buffet (happy to take a night off of rich stuff anyway), and decided to sprint for the specialty for the last night, to try to salvage the experience.

Sorry for that....don't people realize that it's not all about YOU and your beliefs/fads/job/stock market accounts/where you live/what your drive? Pitiful.

Well, another question :o...DH just did some back checking on Celebrity and they do have us listed as Elite. Then he printed out some "Elite perks"....I am not used to being perked this much! Any opinions? What exactly is the "Captains Club" cocktail hour? Is that like the D and D+ event on RCCL? Is there an actual Captains Club bar? I always thought they were held in Michaels or vouchers were given.

Perhaps I should just chill and discover it all once we embark but I know DH will want to have a couple of martini's in the Martini Bar either pre or post dinner! I am thinking "TGFTPG"....Thank God For the Persian Garden!!! Oh, do they still greet you at embarkation with OJ/Mimosas/Sparkling Wine?

Hated the MDR. Perhaps it was because we were seated with a very outspoken religious family that stated plainly that we were going to hell. But I digress.

Don't you hate that!?

They're lucky you avoided them rather than sitting with them every night and showing them just how "hell bound" you really are.

My recollection is that Celebrity requests that you not wear the bathrobe beyond the cabin or balcony. We would wear our bathing suits with a proper cover up when visiting the Persian Gardens, but never the provided bathrobe. To do otherwise, would display paucity in the way of class.

Archived