5 days out and no cabin assignment yet.

gamecockvic

We are excited about sailing Saturday, but are still waiting on a cabin assignment. We have a VH Guarantee on Eurodam. I know it can be Saturday before we find out. I would rather know before we leave our luggage so we can have the cabin number on the tag. Otherwise, it really does not matter.

Happy holidays to everyone!

The porters at the pier will have a list of cabin assignments. They'll add the number to your luggage tag.

P.S. I hope you get a great upgrade. We're sailing on Sunday and found out our cabin assignment a week ago. We were upgraded from a VH guarantee to a VA.

That is a great upgrade! The only cabins we would rather not have are the VT cabins with small balconies. HAL advised us to email them, letting them know that we would prefer another cabin class. We chose the guarantee because we are not particular about location. It does add some suspense to the process. I hope you have a great cruise!

We are excited about sailing Saturday, but are still waiting on a cabin assignment. We have a VH Guarantee on Eurodam. I know it can be Saturday before we find out. I would rather know before we leave our luggage so we can have the cabin number on the tag. Otherwise, it really does not matter.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise and find out which cabin will be yours soon! Sometimes I think the later you get your cabin asignment the better the upgrade and happy holidays to you too.

We're on the same sailing and got our rooms last Thursday, from a VH Gty to a VB, as did some friends of ours.:confused:

The porters at the pier will have a list of cabin assignments. They'll add the number to your luggage tag.

P.S. I hope you get a great upgrade. We're sailing on Sunday and found out our cabin assignment a week ago. We were upgraded from a VH guarantee to a VA.

Very nice upgrade!!

Have a great cruise.

Wishing you luck on a great upgrade.

Have a great cruise.

You might not know until you get to the pier. The stevedores will have luggage tags and a manifest if you arrive without knowing your cabin number. Don't worry...... they'll be able to handle your luggage for you.

Good luck.

You might not know until you get to the pier. The stevedores will have luggage tags and a manifest if you arrive without knowing your cabin number. Don't worry...... they'll be able to handle your luggage for you.

Good luck.

I admit to being, well let's just say, a bit uptight from time to time. Like to have everything organized. Luggage tags I'm ok with. But I would like to know my stateroom before arriving...this could be a good test for me! :eek:

Rob

Hope you have a wonderful cruise and find out which cabin will be yours soon! Sometimes I think the later you get your cabin asignment the better the upgrade and happy holidays to you too.

We purchased a guaranteed verandah and I now hear guaranteed ocearviews being offered verandahs? Anybody have an idea of what this could mean for us?

Don't know if I'm up for this guaranty game!

DJ:)

We purchased a guaranteed verandah and I now hear guaranteed ocearviews being offered verandahs? Anybody have an idea of what this could mean for us?

Don't know if I'm up for this guaranty game!

Consider yourself VERY lucky if that happens. It's never happened for me in over 250 days with HAL but it certainely doesn't mean it won't for you. Good luck!

I'm now 17 days to sailing day and I don't have a room yet. But today I noticed that the sailing is now sold out so I assume I should hear any time now as they juggle all those that booked GUAR rooms. The suspense is killing me!!

Rob

I'm now 17 days to sailing day and I don't have a room yet. But today I noticed that the sailing is now sold out so I assume I should hear any time now as they juggle all those that booked GUAR rooms. The suspense is killing me!!

Rob

That is near where we were when we got our upgrade. I am glad to know in one way, but in another, I was enjoying the suspense. It made me feel like a child again waiting for Christmas, Easter or my birthday.:)

Best wishes and a Merry Christmas to you!

I'm now 17 days to sailing day and I don't have a room yet. But today I noticed that the sailing is now sold out so I assume I should hear any time now as they juggle all those that booked GUAR rooms.
Three weeks is about when they start assigning rooms, but the probability is that you won't hear for another 6 or 7 days ... or more. Being sold out doesn't make any difference.

We depart Ft. Lauderdale a week from tomorrow. This morning we received our cabin assignment for a verandah GTY (BB or better). Hard to understand, when it would be impossible to receive a deluxe suite for this price, but maybe an upsell? For us, belonging to the Cruise Critic community gave us indirect information on HA's activity of upselling fellow tour mates who had purchased other GTY classification cabins. My recommendation is to remain calm until at least one week before, as this process is an entrenched ritual for the HA Inventory Department and as clients of this process, your personal reactions don't seem to make any difference.

We depart Ft. Lauderdale a week from tomorrow. This morning we received our cabin assignment for a verandah GTY (BB or better).

DJ is on the same cruise as we are, same category ... we are still waiting for our assignment.. it appears there is no rhyme nor reason to the logic (that I can see)why some reservations seem to be fulfilled before anothers .. except for the fact they move one stateroom at a time...and in this case they have until December 20th to complete the task... :)

bottom line.. I am sure we have a stateroom..and as otherskindly point out we may find out as late as dockside... personally I dont think so( I have been wrong so many times).. I kinda figure/hope its by COB tommorrow..we will see..

So please if you are still waiting like we are try and be patient..;) trust me I know it aint easy.. but the cash we saved booking a gty.. sure makes it a tad bit easier...:D

Joseph

If it makes you feel any better, it's three days out for us (sailing 12/16) and still no assignment. At this point, I'm assuming we won't know until we get there, though I'll keep checking every hour or two just in case!

Oh no!... I hope you get your answer soon..

sometimes I think Inventory Control does this waiting game for their own entertainment(jk) LOL

after all some the calls they recieve must be out right hateful :(

Archived