The GRAND TOUR of Celebrity Eclipse & S-Class Ships in Pictures and Video - Part 2

cruisetrail

Sorry you don't like the lawn. I love it! At least on the ships that don't have those cabanas or whatever they're calling them blocking the view of the ocean.

I think it's good that we all have choices. If you don't like how a particular line builds its ships, you don't have to sail on that line. There are others to choose from.

Sorry you don't like the lawn. I love it!

I agree. I thought the whole concept seemed weird until I experienced it. There's something so peaceful about lying down on grass - especially surrounded by the ocean - and it sure beats fighting for chairs around the pool deck.

I kind of like the lawn too. It doesn't seem utilized enough. On my last cruise on the Eclipsed they had a sail away party on the lawn with wine and snacks.

The pool at every summer resort is crowded. There is no way to efficiently accommodate 3000 passengers on a pool deck.

That being said, I just exited a Caribbean cruise, and there was always a chair somewhere available.

The jogging track is obviously best utilized in the earlier morning. It's not as hot, so it works well.

First, let me say thank you for all the great pictures! We will be on the Eclipse in April, our first time on an S class ship.

We are on the Resort deck, 2111. Any pictures?

Thanks in advance

Melody:D

2111 on the Celebrity Eclipse

2qjypv9.jpg

Thank you for all the great pictures and information. We will be on the Soltice in May in an AQ for the first time. Cabin #1634. Can you provide any information or pictures? We are in a higher deck than I would like and more towards the aft. My husband is challenged by motion sickness so any thoughts on that would also be appreciated. Thanks again.

Edited by Binbrooklady

I kind of like the lawn too. It doesn't seem utilized enough. On my last cruise on the Eclipsed they had a sail away party on the lawn with wine and snacks.

The pool at every summer resort is crowded. There is no way to efficiently accommodate 3000 passengers on a pool deck.

That being said, I just exited a Caribbean cruise, and there was always a chair somewhere available.

The jogging track is obviously best utilized in the earlier morning. It's not as hot, so it works well.

Shh! That's one of the things I love about it. It's not crowded.

Thank you for all the great pictures and information. We will be on the Soltice in May in an AQ for the first time. Cabin #1634. Can you provide any information or pictures? We are in a higher deck than I would like and more towards the aft. My husband is challenged by motion sickness so any thoughts on that would also be appreciated. Thanks again.

Bow - more pitching

Stern - less pitcing

Midships (slightly towards stern)- the least pitching

Higher decks - more rolling

Lower decks - less rolling

1634 on the Solstice

2wcjytz.jpg

Thanks for all the great info, any comments on cabins 1210,1208 and 1415 on the Sihouette,

Thanks

Joanne

1208 is a standard balcony.

1415 is slightly wider.

1210 is noticeably wider.

11jcg1f.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

Loving this thread, thank you so much.

We booked a 2C, 6256 at a great price on the Equinox after trying to research the exact position above the lifeboats. The cabin sticky says the view isn't too obstructed but that is on the Solstice. Would anyone know for sure?

Many thanks :)

Loving this thread, thank you so much.

We booked a 2C, 6256 at a great price on the Equinox after trying to research the exact position above the lifeboats. The cabin sticky says the view isn't too obstructed but that is on the Solstice. Would anyone know for sure?

Many thanks :)

The obstruction will be like on this photo. Your balcony will overlook the middle part of the regular lifeboat with the davit moved slightly aft.

Balconies located over tenders have more obstruction (forward from the hump).

29zcwpl.jpg

Pool/Sun Decks Comparison

Warning!

These pictures are not recommended for people with various cardio-vascular conditions.

My cruise on Celebrity S-Class ship happend to be a second part of B2B Eurodam + Eclipse.

After being like in heaven on the HAL ship (food, spa, open decks, plenty of space) it was shocking to found myself on a small overcrowded upper deck on Celebrity Eclipse.

How was it possible on a "Modern Luxury" ship?

Google gives us the answer.

These tree ships were seen in the same place at the same time.

One picture is worth a thousand words.

That's true.

Note: four separate pool areas, a large tub and even a pool for the crew on Princess.

Note: S-Class ships are longer than Princess due to slanted stern and the duck tail. However, upper deck on Princess is actually longer.

15g4bgi.jpg

Pool area on Princess is two times larger than on Celebrity:

2cmlu0m.jpg

Serene Deck on Celebrity looks like a dwarf in comparison with a HAL ship:

35l96om.jpg

Sports Court:

21rdli.jpg

That's Sky Fall....

Next is ...Pormenade Deck...

Edited by cruisetrail

This is such a great thread.

I have a question regarding aft cabins which I hope you can answer. We are big fans of aft cabins and sailed in 1674 on Equinox, having chosen it because the balcony is a bit wider than the other cabins in the same category. We've booked to sail on Silhouette but have chosen 1676 as it seems as if the numbering of the cabins is one cabin further on. Would I be correct in assuming that 1676 is the wider balcony on Silhouette.

Thank you

Sorry you don't like the lawn. I love it! At least on the ships that don't have those cabanas or whatever they're calling them blocking the view of the ocean.

I think it's good that we all have choices. If you don't like how a particular line builds its ships, you don't have to sail on that line. There are others to choose from.

I'm not a big fan of the lawn, but I liked it more on the Equinox. I missed the Glass Show when we cruised on the Silhouette and only saw people in the cabanas once. As you said it is about choices, I won't stop cruising with Celebrity because I don't agree with the way they distribute their space. But we have to admit that the pool area is extremely small for caribbean cruises and even Med and Adriatic cruises. I'm really looking forward to our Eclipse cruise this summer :) After reading this thread I'm apprehensive about our cabin selection, but hope it works out!! I really appreciate Cruisetrail's work and at least I know what to expect about our Corner Aft S-1 cabin.

I would very much more enjoy sitting on a blanket with a glass of wine on that lovely expanse of lawn than sitting around any ships pool deck:D Also notice how much more shade is offered on the S Class! That enables us to stay outside longer.

Here you go. hope you like Sangria :D

8242016965_d8065c9823_z.jpg

This is such a great thread.

I have a question regarding aft cabins which I hope you can answer. We are big fans of aft cabins and sailed in 1674 on Equinox, having chosen it because the balcony is a bit wider than the other cabins in the same category. We've booked to sail on Silhouette but have chosen 1676 as it seems as if the numbering of the cabins is one cabin further on. Would I be correct in assuming that 1676 is the wider balcony on Silhouette.

Thank you

Yes, 1676 is the wider balcony on the Silhouette:

inqyo5.jpg