Why is the Emerald coming into FLL tonight???

flamomo

[quote name='Phyljim']We are on the Caribe deck, and have the comfortable, two lounge chairs and two regular chairs, plus regular dining height table. And looks like a new blue mat on the deck floor.;)[/QUOTE]

I am hoping that the furniture on the Caribe deck will stay the same for our Apr cruise. Thanks for the update!

[quote name='go noles']Amarillo mentioned a friend with noro. We board Thursday, can someone tell me if there is a widespread outbreak or isolated at this point. Thanks.[/quote]
It is very well isolated to 20-25 people that were honest enough to report it. No new cases reported in the last 24 hours as I am onboard now.

[quote name='CruiseKing']It is very well isolated to 20-25 people that were honest enough to report it. No new cases reported in the last 24 hours as I am onboard now.[/QUOTE]

Do you know that number for certain? We have two cabins right around ours with the tell-tale red bags sitting out, and I've heard much higher numbers than 20 or 25, but I don't know what to believe. They seem to be doing a LOT of work for 25 cases, when they probably have at least half that on every sailing.

I really wish they would let us know whether it was getting better or worse, just so we could feel like the Code Red would soon be lowered to Code Whatever-Is-Lower-Than-Red. There is a huge number of in-transit passengers who won't be leaving it all behind in three days.

[quote name='PescadoAmarillo']Do you know that number for certain? We have two cabins right around ours with the tell-tale red bags sitting out, and I've heard much higher numbers than 20 or 25, but I don't know what to believe. They seem to be doing a LOT of work for 25 cases, when they probably have at least half that on every sailing.

I really wish they would let us know whether it was getting better or worse, just so we could feel like the Code Red would soon be lowered to Code Whatever-Is-Lower-Than-Red. There is a huge number of in-transit passengers who won't be leaving it all behind in three days.[/quote]
I am really worried that this issue never seems to be go away. It just seems to linger on some of the ships without being erradicated. :D

[quote name='MicCanberra']I am really worried that this issue never seems to be go away. It just seems to linger on some of the ships without being erradicated. :D[/quote]

Probable not on the ship, but brought on by a passenger since it is freshout of a ten day drydock. With that said, we were on the Emerald in March with a code red. Captain was wonderful keeping us informed, at one point it was said that there were over 100 cases. We anyways steer clear of the buffet, but changes in the dining rooms wew noticible, nothing on table not even flowers, served bread (no basket on table), waiters provided both salt, pepper, cream ect. I always wipe down our room when we arrive and again each night, that and we carry sanititizer on a lanyard with our cruise card.

we leave on her again 12/27, princess has just emailed us to let us know that boarding will be delayed do to additional cleaning.

[quote name='2cruizinfools']Probable not on the ship, but brought on by a passenger since it is freshout of a ten day drydock. With that said, we were on the Emerald in March with a code red. Captain was wonderful keeping us informed, at one point it was said that there were over 100 cases. We anyways steer clear of the buffet, but changes in the dining rooms wew noticible, nothing on table not even flowers, served bread (no basket on table), waiters provided both salt, pepper, cream ect. I always wipe down our room when we arrive and again each night, that and we carry sanititizer on a lanyard with our cruise card.

we leave on her again 12/27, princess has just emailed us to let us know that boarding will be delayed do to additional cleaning.[/quote]

Thanks, I was aware that someone must have brought it on, it is just that some ships seem to have the problem continually, while others in the same cruiseline do not. Thay said, I do wish you a merry voyage and taking the extra precautions surely will not hurt. Enjoy:D

[quote name='PescadoAmarillo']Posted on another thread:

[URL]http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21009408853560/cruise-ship-passengers-catch-contagious-virus/[/URL]

It was announced tonight that the number of cases is dropping.[/quote]
Good news at least.:D

[quote name='PescadoAmarillo']Do you know that number for certain? We have two cabins right around ours with the tell-tale red bags sitting out, and I've heard much higher numbers than 20 or 25, but I don't know what to believe. They seem to be doing a LOT of work for 25 cases, when they probably have at least half that on every sailing.

I really wish they would let us know whether it was getting better or worse, just so we could feel like the Code Red would soon be lowered to Code Whatever-Is-Lower-Than-Red. There is a huge number of in-transit passengers who won't be leaving it all behind in three days.[/QUOTE]

Hello my friend,
That was the first count. We hear that it is up to approximately 120 right now. No intention to lower the code for the remainder of this cruise. :(

[quote name='go noles']I enjoy following your blog but children cleared history. Can you remind me please.[/quote]
I am addicated to this blog as I am sailing on the Emerald on Jan 6. I have placed the shortcut on my desktop.

[URL]http://www.pescadoamarillo.blogspot.ca[/URL]

Another article states 166 passengers and 30 crew, and that the CDC is boarding today.

[url]http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/cdc-investigates-outbreak-that-sickens-nearly-200-aboard-princess-cruises-emerald-princess-76583/[/url]

I do have to question a bit the rationale that does not allow me to touch any serving utensils, but does allow crew to clear my dishes and cups and then immediately bring other passengers their food and beverages without washing in between.

Archived