Why is the Emerald coming into FLL tonight???

flamomo

Actually, the ship probably had contractors aboard to finish up work while it was moving from the Bahamas. They all need to be zero'd out.

Exactly right. There were many, many contractors waiting for transportation just outside the terminal. In fact, there are still a few contractors on board, but everyone had to be zeroed out during turnaround. We were able to board just after noon. Lots of new carpeting, and both mattresses in our inside cabin are now new. TV is same old one; don't see any other changes in our cabin. Just lots and lots of new carpeting in the public areas.

Exactly right. There were many, many contractors waiting for transportation just outside the terminal. In fact, there are still a few contractors on board, but everyone had to be zeroed out during turnaround. We were able to board just after noon. Lots of new carpeting, and both mattresses in our inside cabin are now new. TV is same old one; don't see any other changes in our cabin. Just lots and lots of new carpeting in the public areas.

They quite often change all the light globes in those really difficult places as well (high ceilings, etc):D

We were able to board just after noon.

Question about the Internet pricing on the ship.

Princess website is showing a new list of prices.

Old pricing:

100 minutes $55.00

150 minutes $75.00

250 minutes $100.00

500 minutes $175.00

New pricing:

100 minutes $69.00

200 minutes $99.00

400 minutes $159.00

600 minutes $199.00

What is the onboard pricing? Also, what do the platinum/elite passengers get as a package? The Princess website still says 150 minutes for seven days, 250 minutes for 8-20 days.

Thanks

Sitting in terminal 2 waiting to board. They're having some delays zeroing out the count so we're not yet on. I will continue to blog...I really missed having free Internet while on the Noordam!!

:-)

Yay!! We've missed your blogging! However, I totally understand your reasoning for taking a hiatus. It's been a very sad few days here in the tri-state area. Your blogging will certainly help restore a nice sense of normalcy for us. Can't wait to read your posts this week before we board in 10 days!!

Question about the Internet pricing on the ship.

Princess website is showing a new list of prices.

Old pricing:

100 minutes $55.00

150 minutes $75.00

250 minutes $100.00

500 minutes $175.00

New pricing:

100 minutes $69.00

200 minutes $99.00

400 minutes $159.00

600 minutes $199.00

What is the onboard pricing? Also, what do the platinum/elite passengers get as a package? The Princess website still says 150 minutes for seven days.

Thanks

25% hike in the 100 minute package - sgn of the time with rising costs and profit margins to be maintained.:D

Which deck are you on? We board on the 27th and would love to see new mattresses in our cabin. :)

Which is what you should get.

Do you know how the packages to purchase are priced?

once you get onboard you meet or see the internut gurus in the internet lounge this is what we always do......then you are billed on your cruisecard

unless this has changed?

cheers we board Emerald on the 27th of December.......

once you get onboard you meet or see the internut gurus in the internet lounge this is what we always do......then you are billed on your cruisecard

unless this has changed?

cheers we board Emerald on the 27th of December.......

Please report back after your cruise what the package pricing is on board.

[quote name='caribill']Please report back after your cruise what the package pricing is on board.[/quote]

[quote name='PescadoAmarillo']The package prices are the new, higher prices by I still received 250 free minutes as my CC perk.[/quote]
Bad news for us, good news for you.:D

[quote name='PLW0520']What about the balcony furniture? Did they replace it with the new uncomfortable stuff?[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the delay in responding, and for the fact that you've waited...for nothing. I really don't know what they used to have, and I haven't been on one yet this year to see what they have now. However, I'll be on one for a drinks party tonight and will try to report back from St. Thomas tomorrow.

I'm not exactly following this thread; just checking it when I get free wifi.

[quote name='PLW0520']What about the balcony furniture? Did they replace it with the new uncomfortable stuff?[/QUOTE]

Onboard the Emerald right now (actually I'm at the Ruins Rock Cafe in Dominica) :) but I can report that our Dolphin deck balcony furniture is unchanged since our last Emerald cruise in 2010.

[quote name='crusdiva']Onboard the Emerald right now [B](actually I'm at the Ruins Rock Cafe in Dominica)[/B] :) but I can report that our [B]Dolphin deck balcony [/B]furniture is unchanged since our last Emerald cruise in 2010.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Glad to hear Ruins Rock Cafe is still open. I'd read it was being torn down to make way for a new vendor shopping area.

Thank you and others for reporting live. We'll be on Emerald for 20 days beginning 1/16 so are quite interested in the updates done since we were on her a couple of years ago. We'll also be on Dolphin Deck (D416).

LuLu
~~~~ [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived