Why is the Emerald coming into FLL tonight???

flamomo

On the Port Everglades webcan FB page, it is reported that the Emerald will be arriving in port in FLL this evening about 9PM.

She was not scheduled to arrive till tomorrow morning.

Is anyone aware of what's the reason for this??

The Emerald is to set sail tomorrow for a 10 day cruise and has just finished her tour of drydock.

Arriving a little earlier than expected is a good thing so that prep can be made to welcome the happy Christmas cruisers aboard :D

Looking forward to being a happy cruiser on the 27th of December :)

Cheers!

Tom .........../

She arrived tonight because they have to remove all of the equipment and such that they loaded on in FLL 10 days ago for the dry dock... for example, containers. They may have been full of new carpeting, mattresses, etc. etc. Can't wait to board the Emerald in 10 days!!

We board today in just a few hours. Looking forward to seeing if there are any noticible changes. Also hoping the terminal at pier 2 is finished and checking its update.

Please let us know how everything looks onboard! I'm anxiously awaiting PascadoAmarillo to get back onboard and update us on what's been changed and how she looks.

Sitting in terminal 2 waiting to board. They're having some delays zeroing out the count so we're not yet on. I will continue to blog...I really missed having free Internet while on the Noordam!!

:-)

I've really missed your nightly blog updates! So glad you are back home!

Sitting in terminal 2 waiting to board. They're having some delays zeroing out the count so we're not yet on. I will continue to blog...I really missed having free Internet while on the Noordam!!

LOL - This time the holdup shouldn't be a couple of towel-clad, dripping wet passengers who stayed in the pool!

I doubt that's the issue - the ship arrived last night from the shipyard in Freeport. There's no count to zero out...

I doubt that's the issue - the ship arrived last night from the shipyard in Freeport. There's no count to zero out...

Actually, the ship probably had contractors aboard to finish up work while it was moving from the Bahamas. They all need to be zero'd out.

Archived