Live from the new Enchantment, 12/22/12

Merion_Mom

Could you verify the availibility of sushi in the Windjammer pre-late seating dinner (5:30-6:00 ish?). Would love to have sushi and cocktails before our late seating dinner. thanks!

On last week's Enchantment cruise, we had sushi when WJ opened at 6:30 each evening.

I SO wish RC would have added an Izumi to Enchantment!

I had the opportunity to sit at the Captain's table with the Izumi "advisor" to RCCL (Goes from ship to ship opening and checking/maintaining quality of Izumi) on the Rhapsody.

I brought up the Enchantment, and he said it wasn't going to be added, more than likely due to its reassignment to 3/4 day cruises. HOWEVER Grandeur has one which is coming to Baltimore this summer.

Question about the concierge lounge/diamond lounge as I have heard two different things.

Where exactally are they? I have heard CL is in Viking Crown, but the DL I have heard two different versions. One was also in the CL - in the overlook area of the nightclub, and also down on Deck 6.

Thanks for all the updates, just wondering as I board on Saturday for a Back to Back.

Merry Christmas!

It sometimes has the "delay" feature ;) but always ultimately flushes.............so far.

Question about the concierge lounge/diamond lounge as I have heard two different things.

Where exactally are they? I have heard CL is in Viking Crown, but the DL I have heard two different versions. One was also in the CL - in the overlook area of the nightclub, and also down on Deck 6.

Thanks for all the updates, just wondering as I board on Saturday for a Back to Back.

Merry Christmas!

Both CL and DL lounges are at the top of VCL. Both are separate rooms that can only be entered by one door. DL is sort of a balcony, where the DJ station is, so one can look down, plus see a bit of sea through the VCL windows. Capacity is limited, but if there is a crowd, it appears that they will set up an overflow area on the dance floor below.

Thanks for the thread. I have a few basic questions about enchantment:

-how soon can we board on departure day?

-what food places will be open?

I remember reading about such strategies for Navigator but can't find something similar for Enchantment. Thanks!

The complaint that we heard is that there was no place that served pizza on the ship. None in the Parkl Cafe and none in the Windjammer. Not sure if this was just our cruise or something permanent.

I've seen a trend that pizza is becoming more rare on-board outside of a Sorrento's.

LORNA!!!!

Problems with dining room seating.

This is becoming WAAAY too common.

I went by our table Saturday night to say "hi" and tell them that we would be at Chops that evening, but looked forward to dining with them for the six nights thereafter.

They were very pleasant, in those two minutes. Only three of them sitting there. It turned out that they were a twosome and a one.

Next scene: Night #2; We enter the dining room, and the table is full. It includes a young chickie mama with tattoos all over, daisy duke shorts, and tank top, with her three under-5 age children.

Tonight's recommended dress was "Smart Casual". Saw many many many many t-shirts and shorts. They walked right past the sign that said "No shorts in the dining room at dinner."

Talked to the headwaiter. Cutie. Saul from Cancun. He had the waiter check everyone's seapass cards for the table number. All matched the table.

Saul had trouble finding somewhere for us to sit. We told him that we are VERY sociable and want to sit at a big table. Like our assigned table. But not with children. Certainly not with three children under the age of 5.

Couldn't find one.

Put us at an empty two-top. There were several two-tops available. Not common.

We loved our waitress Alexandra, from Uruguay, but those two tops ARE small in surface area.

And we wanted to talk to people besides ourselves. We are good buddies at home and can chat any time we want. We know pretty much everything about each other. Time for some new blood.

After dinner, Alexandra practically begs us to stay. (we know that she won't get gratuities for an empty table.) She wants us to ask about two empty seats at one of her other tables.

Saul says that a family has her two other tables, and there are 14 at two eight tops, but they like to switch around and requested that their tables be for their own family only.

And it turns out that single person from night one and chickie mama + brood from night two are all assigned to this table........................AND SECOND SEATING.

By the time we finish dinner and find all of this out, the other four people assigned to our table have been seated there. (they threw the late diners out) NOT our cup of tea either. Original couple guy comes over to where we are discussing the issue with Saul and Marek, and practically begs us to come back. ;)

We are still working on it! We want to go to the early show of the Drifters tonight because the CD is begging people to do that, if possible. He said that the second show will be WAY overcrowded.

But we can only do that if we don't eat main seating.

Decisions, decisions. We LIKE getting dressed up for formal night, so that's not an issue.

Will report later what we decide to do.

Carol, what happened with the dining room seating situation?

Now that you have scared me... (all the furniture, and scary toilets)... if you get a chance, please show me what the balcony looks like? See if the cabin can redeem itself...

3 months from today...

7666 Cabin of Satan. :D

Didn't see anyone answer this one... Darryl Dyball... from Niagara. Awesome activities manager!

Do you know Darryl's last name? I remember a Darryl from Scotland I believe who used to work with Drew Devine.

Just noticed, there is no tall cabinet by the balcony doors... For over packers like us, this is bad!

Now that you have scared me... (all the furniture, and scary toilets)... if you get a chance, please show me what the balcony looks like? See if the cabin can redeem itself...

3 months from today...

Didn't see anyone answer this one... Darryl Dyball... from Niagara. Awesome activities manager!

Oh, I attended a slightly interested "Explorer Lecture" about NASA and the space program yesterday afternoon.

I want the job of hiring these people. Don't they AUDITION them, for the ability to raise and lower the tone of their voice, and speak in an interesting cadence?!?!??! And maybe NOT to attempt to tell the WORST jokes ever created?

Curious, was this lecture about all the benefits that we have received from the inventions that NASA has produced?

If so, probably the same guy on my cruise last February (the infamous engine trouble cruise.)

Perhaps he does have a lecture voice, and not a Cruise Director voice, but due to the extra days at sea, they ended up drafting him for several extra lectures that he was not planning to give, and each one that I attended (several!) was well attended, and well received - obviously since the Cruise Director staff kept giving him more lecture slots.

As with all other aspects of what you can find on a cruise, we all have things that we enjoy more or less than others. No doubts your observations were genuine, but if it was the same guy, many passengers thoroughly enjoyed his lectures on a very wide variety of topics.

Thanks very much for your entertaining review! Making many notes for my cruise next month!

Theron

3 months from today...

Niagara as in Niagara Falls CANADA, or US? Curious, we live close to both!:)

And really? we're arging over whether someone was snippy or not when we WERE NOT THERE? I know people like to jump down others throats on the boards, but this one really takes the cake. Merry Christmas and Peace on Earth!

Niagara as in Niagara Falls CANADA, or US? Curious, we live close to both!:)

And really? we're arging over whether someone was snippy or not when we WERE NOT THERE? I know people like to jump down others throats on the boards, but this one really takes the cake. Merry Christmas and Peace on Earth!

Niagara... Nigeria... Close enough...

More pics of the new ship please...

Also... What bartenders are working where? Is Luis and Patsy still in Boleros? Is Petr in the Schooner? We need the tough answers here people!!!

Niagara... Nigeria... Close enough...

More pics of the new ship please...

Also... What bartenders are working where? Is Luis and Patsy still in Boleros? Is Petr in the Schooner? We need the tough answers here people!!!

How about Denzel (Dr. of love), still serving drinks on pool deck?

Ginger

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I've seen a trend that pizza is becoming more rare on-board outside of a Sorrento's.

Was on the first trip after the refurb. There was pizza in Park Cafe as a night time snack, pizza on the kids menu in the dining room, and pizza available through room service.

Archived