Live from the new Enchantment, 12/22/12

Merion_Mom

I hope that you can see that all of the pieces of furniture are touching or practically touching each other!

DSC06183-L.jpg

DSC06184-L.jpg

DSC06185-L.jpg

I will take more cabin pictures when it has been straightened up by our FABULOUS cabin steward, Charlie from the Philippines.

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Saw something yesterday evening that I had never experienced before.

Two young men (12-14) were RUNNING down the stairs, taking them two and three at a time.

A member of the housekeeping staff, using her best MOM/GOD voice, said, "Stop that running NOW."

And they did. And apologized![/quote]

She just earned a WOW card! :) Definitely going above and beyond!

Thanks to JMG and any others from last week's cruise who posted their photos on this thread. I haven't taken that many yet, and as I said, couldn't upload until off the ship and using free wifi. VERY time-consuming, and the internet wasn't working anyway.

I just don't know how Radio does SUCH an amazing job!

Tonight's quest will be to find the Food manager and find out if there is pizza anywhere onboard.

[quote name='gingerma']I love children but don't like cruising with them! Find most parents let them run as they want. Usually found staff doesn't try to control it, BUT, 2 yrs ago a father was told numerous times about his son (maybe 11 yrs old). Parents did NOTHING! Next port the whole family got put OFF the ship, baggage & all!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

Ditto on dislike to sailing with kids!

I've got 1 word for the family put off baggage and all.....AMEN!

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Thanks to JMG and any others from last week's cruise who posted their photos on this thread. I haven't taken that many yet, and as I said, couldn't upload until off the ship and using free wifi. VERY time-consuming, and the internet wasn't working anyway.

I just don't know how Radio does SUCH an amazing job!

Tonight's quest will be to find the Food manager and find out if there is pizza anywhere onboard.[/quote]

I had the same problem with the Internet when I was on the ship in March 2012.

Another first, for me.

I have been on quite a few New Year's Eve cruises, and formal night was never moved to be on NYE.

Last night, night #2, should have been the first formal night.

It wasn't.

Tonight is.

Christmas Eve is the reason, Reyno told me. And he told me rather snippily, I thought. Other than that, he has been quite ingratiating.

:)

But they still held the Captain's Welcome Aboard Reception last night. Odd. Move or do not move. (there is no "try". Sorry, couldn't resist)

I think that another housekeeper went above and beyond, but I can't be sure.

One passenger had her electric scooter in the hall. Enchantment's corridors are QUITE narrow.

It was also not parked particularly close to the wall.

And a cane was stored in a holder and stuck up and out about 3 feet.

Kind of like a police barrier. :rolleyes:

I asked her steward if it was permitted to keep a scooter out in the hall. She said "no."

I haven't seen it in the hall since.

Attention future Enchantment cruisers in suites or D+/P: Unlike most other ships' theatres, the "priority seating" is actually very good. We sat there last night - excellent sight lines, just plain good seats.

Some rude audience members who think that you can't hear them if you can't see them. :rolleyes:

Quick show review: first production show. Stage to Screen.

I have been pretty impressed with RC's shows lately. Putting true professional-grade shows on Oasis and Allure seemed to lead to them really stepping up the quality of the shows on the other ships, too.

When this show started, what flashed through my head was, "Oy, cheesy. They certainly haven't upgraded the level of the choreography in THIS show."

But from the number "Dance in the Gym" (West Side Story) through to the very end, it was DEFINITELY very high quality. And I am admittedly pretty picky about the shows.

Go. Enjoy.

Tonight: "Bill Pinkney's Original Drifters" And formal night.

Thanks, Merion Mom, for the live updates. I am sailing on EOS next week, so your posts are especially exciting!
If you have the opportunity, would you please ask if the first formal night next week will be celebrated on NYE or as usual? There's been some discussion of this on our roll call, so it would be nice to know for sure.
Hoping there are fewer children onboard next week; as much as I love kids, it's hard for me not to go into teacher mode and let those who are behaving badly know that they need to straighten up!:D:eek:
Have a fabulous voyage and keep the lively updates coming!:)

[quote name='Candleonwater']What corner aft jr suite are you in? I'm curious to see photos to get an idea of how the corner balcony compares to the regular aft balconies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/quote]

[quote name='Merion_Mom']7666 Cabin of Satan. :D[/quote]

This is the balcony for 8666 (in March 2012) ...

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/ZefH/RC%20Enchantment/D5f.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/ZefH/RC%20Enchantment/D7f.jpg[/IMG]

However, some balconies are even bigger ...

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/ZefH/Enchantment%20OTS%202/D10-1.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE="6"]LORNA!!!![/SIZE]

Problems with dining room seating.

This is becoming WAAAY too common.

I went by our table Saturday night to say "hi" and tell them that we would be at Chops that evening, but looked forward to dining with them for the six nights thereafter.

They were very pleasant, in those two minutes. Only three of them sitting there. It turned out that they were a twosome and a one.

Next scene: Night #2; We enter the dining room, and the table is full. It includes a young chickie mama with tattoos all over, daisy duke shorts, and tank top, with her three under-5 age children.

Tonight's recommended dress was "Smart Casual". Saw many many many many t-shirts and shorts. They walked right past the sign that said "No shorts in the dining room at dinner."

Talked to the headwaiter. Cutie. Saul from Cancun. He had the waiter check everyone's seapass cards for the table number. All matched the table.

Saul had trouble finding somewhere for us to sit. We told him that we are VERY sociable and want to sit at a big table. Like our assigned table. But not with children. Certainly not with three children under the age of 5.

Couldn't find one.

Put us at an empty two-top. There were several two-tops available. Not common.

We loved our waitress Alexandra, from Uruguay, but those two tops ARE small in surface area.

And we wanted to talk to people besides ourselves. We are good buddies at home and can chat any time we want. We know pretty much everything about each other. Time for some new blood.

After dinner, Alexandra practically begs us to stay. (we know that she won't get gratuities for an empty table.) She wants us to ask about two empty seats at one of her other tables.

Saul says that a family has her two other tables, and there are 14 at two eight tops, but they like to switch around and requested that their tables be for their own family only.

And it turns out that single person from night one and chickie mama + brood from night two are all assigned to this table........................AND SECOND SEATING.

By the time we finish dinner and find all of this out, the other four people assigned to our table have been seated there. (they threw the late diners out) NOT our cup of tea either. Original couple guy comes over to where we are discussing the issue with Saul and Marek, and practically begs us to come back. ;)

We are still working on it! We want to go to the early show of the Drifters tonight because the CD is begging people to do that, if possible. He said that the second show will be WAY overcrowded.

But we can only do that if we don't eat main seating.

Decisions, decisions. We LIKE getting dressed up for formal night, so that's not an issue.

Will report later what we decide to do.

[quote name='patrioticgirl']Thanks, Merion Mom, for the live updates. I am sailing on EOS next week, so your posts are especially exciting!
If you have the opportunity, would you please ask if the first formal night next week will be celebrated on NYE or as usual? There's been some discussion of this on our roll call, so it would be nice to know for sure.
Hoping there are fewer children onboard next week; as much as I love kids, it's hard for me not to go into teacher mode and let those who are behaving badly know that they need to straighten up!:D:eek:
Have a fabulous voyage and keep the lively updates coming!:)[/QUOTE]

There may not be quite as many kids next week for the same reason that *I* am cruising this week: New Year's Day and Christmas fall on Tuesday, so I have to be back in school on Wednesday. I think that most schools reopen Wed or Thurs, so the kiddies can't cruise next week unless their parents keep them out of school. Certainly some will do that, but I think that the calendar will dictate that fewer kids be onboard next week.

You lucky dog. :D

Oh my gosh! I can't believe how much furniture they have stuffed into that JS! When we stayed in that one we had the couch and one chair and that one chair was in the way of the sliding glass door. We even asked our room steward if he could remove it but he said sorry he didn't have anywhere he could put it. We were constantly moving it around. Now with two chairs it's really crowded!

The side JS are definitely bigger than those in the aft. We have a side JS on deck 8 in April and while I will enjoy the larger room I will really miss that corner aft balcony.

And those pics of the balcony of room 8666 brought back memories. We stayed in that Royal Family Suite once and boy was it great!

Oh, I attended a slightly interested "Explorer Lecture" about NASA and the space program yesterday afternoon.

I want the job of hiring these people. Don't they AUDITION them, for the ability to raise and lower the tone of their voice, and speak in an interesting cadence?!?!??! And maybe NOT to attempt to tell the WORST jokes ever created?

I know that you are all dying to see the lovely place from which I am currently posting:

[url=http://merionmom.smugmug.com/Travel/Enchantment-12-22-12/27237640_3JFrG6#!i=2288567172&k=mCwXJfP&lb=1&s=A][img]http://merionmom.smugmug.com/Travel/Enchantment-12-22-12/i-mCwXJfP/0/L/DSC06190-L.jpg[/img][/url]

Anyone need/want pictures of the Winn-Dixie? Walgreen's? RonJon's?

:D :D :D

[quote name='Merion_Mom']There may not be quite as many kids next week for the same reason that *I* am cruising this week: New Year's Day and Christmas fall on Tuesday, so I have to be back in school on Wednesday. I think that most schools reopen Wed or Thurs, so the kiddies can't cruise next week unless their parents keep them out of school. Certainly some will do that, but I think that the calendar will dictate that fewer kids be onboard next week.

You lucky dog. :D[/QUOTE]

I booked the second week of my school vacation for the exact reason you mentioned... but, with the ship being sold out for next week, I am wondering if there may indeed be quite a few children on board despite the fact that it would mean three extra days of vacation. [I]Come to think of it, if you start feeling badly the second half of the voyage, you could stay onboard next week to recuperate! ;):) [/I]

Archived