Live from the new Enchantment, 12/22/12

Merion_Mom

That was the COLDEST muster drill I have ever experienced.

They directed a family to stand in front of us and I thought, "Good. A wind break."

Then after about 7 seconds I realized that the woman had recently doused herself in perfume. OY. However, it turned out to be a good thing.

Five minutes later, she farted.

Oh, the humanity!

Uffffff!!!!! Strong perfume and then a fart! That can sometimes be a deadly mixture....:D

Other than this little episode, I hope you have a great cruise! :)

They directed a family to stand in front of us and I thought, "Good. A wind break."

Then after about 7 seconds I realized that the woman had recently doused herself in perfume. OY. However, it turned out to be a good thing.

Oh, the humanity!

ROFLOL!!! That's soooo funny! We're on the Enchantment, in 3 weeks. Am going to read all posts, for your cruise. Hubby asks if they're still showing movies, in the theater? Poor guy, that's the high point, for him, on a cruise! LOL!:p

Oh, the humanity!

ROTFLMAO!!! :D:D Have a great cruise, Carol! I remember our late night discussion with you trying to decide what ship to take. ;) Hopefully we will cruise together again!

Oh, the humanity!

Carol. THIS is what I've been missing. Your outrageous humor :p Glad you're posting LIVE. Can't wait for more. Wishing you smooth sails and a fabulous cruise.

We just got off the Enchantment yesterday as well. I am interested to read your posts and your takes on the ship. I posted before that the 16 new rooms would not be available until April (information we received from our stateroom attendant). Turns out they open on the 1/5 sailing per the hotel director during the captain's talk.

The Park Cafe is nice in my opinion. For breakfast, they had a bagel station as well as a sandwich (panini style) station. The egg, Canadian bacon, and cheese was awesome and put McDonald's egg mcmuffin to shame. Have a wonderful cruise.

We just got off the Enchantment yesterday as well. I am interested to read your posts and your takes on the ship. I posted before that the 16 new rooms would not be available until April (information we received from our stateroom attendant). Turns out they open on the 1/5 sailing per the hotel director during the captain's talk.

The Park Cafe is nice in my opinion. For breakfast, they had a bagel station as well as a sandwich (panini style) station. The egg, Canadian bacon, and cheese was awesome and put McDonald's egg mcmuffin to shame. Have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks for sharing this info. We're sailing 1/14. Now a longshorman strike is a possibility! NOT what I want to hear! So looking forward to seeing the new changes.

Oh, maybe you can answer: The outdoor movie screen, only show movies at night? Did they still have movies in the theater?

Thanks for sharing this info. We're sailing 1/14. Now a longshorman strike is a possibility! NOT what I want to hear! So looking forward to seeing the new changes.

Oh, maybe you can answer: The outdoor movie screen, only show movies at night? Did they still have movies in the theater?

No, the showed them during the day on the big screen also. We watched part of Christmas Story out there in Nassau. They did show movies in Orpheum as well.

Movies and sports were on the Big Screen and movies were also in the Orpheum.

Pizza was in the Park Cafe, several varieties available. Lots of fresh fruits, salads and healthier sandwiches. I really didn't see much a of problem with kids as most had parents wih them, they came in ate and left. There wre some families that were not English as first language and they came at noon and did not leae at 2...no one came to ask them to exit for adult time. As someone else said, maybe when things settle down that wll be handled. I was not upset by it but the couple next to me was very stressed by the child in the pool, even speaking to me 3 times about it...I just read my book and enjoyed the warm temps.

Looking forward to your reports. I'm especially interested in how Park Cafe works in the Solarium, i.e., availability of tables, traffic flow, hours of operation, kids in the Solarium now, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to bring us along.

Park Cafe is amazing. Just had an early morning breakfast there and it was delicious. Lunch is fresh and tasty, salad bar has lots of dressing choice inc oil and vinegar and toppings like prawn, ham and cheese. Tables are a bit wobbly and not sure they will stand the course. So far not too crowded, served lunch on embarkation too. Have always found a table for 3 with ease. Not missing pizza at all!

Family swim yesterday was 12-2 and 4-6. We were only there those times so can't comment on children in between. It's certainly not as serene as other solarium areas but guess even more adult traffic on a cold sea day too as its covered.

Out stateroom smelled of fresh carpet and all looks in good order (or at least did before got in it :0)).

Management team very visible and personable, second Merion mom comment about the staff onboard too.

Park Cafe is amazing. Just had an early morning breakfast there and it was delicious. Lunch is fresh and tasty, salad bar has lots of dressing choice inc oil and vinegar and toppings like prawn, ham and cheese. Tables are a bit wobbly and not sure they will stand the course. So far not too crowded, served lunch on embarkation too. Have always found a table for 3 with ease. Not missing pizza at all!

Family swim yesterday was 12-2 and 4-6. We were only there those times so can't comment on children in between. It's certainly not as serene as other solarium areas but guess even more adult traffic on a cold sea day too as its covered.

Out stateroom smelled of fresh carpet and all looks in good order (or at least did before got in it :0)).

Management team very visible and personable, second Merion mom comment about the staff onboard too.

Did all decks get new carpeting? How about bathrooms? Flat screens in all cabins? We're in an outside (2530) in 3 wks. Can't wait!! So appreciate everyone letting all know!:)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Movies and sports were on the Big Screen and movies were also in the Orpheum.

Pizza was in the Park Cafe, several varieties available. Lots of fresh fruits, salads and healthier sandwiches. I really didn't see much a of problem with kids as most had parents wih them, they came in ate and left. There wre some families that were not English as first language and they came at noon and did not leae at 2...no one came to ask them to exit for adult time. As someone else said, maybe when things settle down that wll be handled. I was not upset by it but the couple next to me was very stressed by the child in the pool, even speaking to me 3 times about it...I just read my book and enjoyed the warm temps.

Several posters have said no pizza, is there or isn't there pizza:confused:

Here is a picture of the Centrum area, including the R Bar taken last week from deck 6:

60941_3844316835926_213586833_n.jpg

As for pizza, I didn't see any at the Park Cafe where I ate breakfast (egg sandwich with Canadian bacon) and lunch (roast beef sandwich) every day. Perhaps I didn't see any as I never made it past the roast beef sandwich station!

I did notice that the Windjammer was no longer open after 3 PM for afternoon snacks, only the Park Cafe was. The Park Cafe was also open for late night snacks, I believe from 9 to 1:30.

The Park Cafe:

407304_3844317395940_1735066726_n.jpg

32404_3844317275937_1081269415_n.jpg

Larry, your photos are great. I hope that you post them to a website so I can steal some of them!

Pizza....I mentioned on another post that I did not see pizza in the Park Cafe at lunch or afternoon snacks but another poster said she did find pizza at 10pm at night. We just did not eat after dinner so we did not go to the Park Cafe that late.

Looking forward to your reports. I'm especially interested in how Park Cafe works in the Solarium, i.e., availability of tables, traffic flow, hours of operation, kids in the Solarium now, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to bring us along.

Kids are EVERYWHERE. no boundaries.

Archived