New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

I'm fairly certain Celebrity wont allow the combining of the 2 promotions.

As for price adjustments, I'm not certain of the answer. I'm thinking that if the reduced rate is a Five Star Rate, there's at least a chance, but I certainly wouldn't count on it. It's on my next round of list of questions. Hopefully, we'll have some answers in a few days.

When I called in, Celebrity said "regular" price drops were allowed, just no senior or resident rates.

I was also told when I booked on board that regular price drops would be allowed before final payment. Although, I am very happy with the price we booked at last week on board so with the drink package thrown in, we've got a great deal on a ten night cruise.

Hi Publicpersona,

There's a handful of special rates this promotion does not apply to. I was only using the Senior & Resident rates as an example. Your thinking is correct, as GTY rates would not be Five Star rates, and therefore, ineligible for the 123 GO offer. I hope this helps !

Am I correct to assume that the Tuesday Celebrity Special (Exciting Deals) would also not be a Five Star booking?

Edited by Iamthesea

I'm wondering if this very generous offer is in conjuction with a change to the loyalty program, similar to something Royal Caribbean did just before they changed their system of counting cruises. It has been to rumored here on CC a change could happen in January.

We certainly have taken advantage of this sweet offer and booked three cruises this weekend. I'm guessing this month's 123 offer has been a marketing success for Celebrity.

Am I correct to assume that the Tuesday Celebrity Special (Exciting Deals) would also not be a Five Star booking?

Hi Iamthesea,

I asked this question previously, and was advised that Exciting Deals are not Five Star rates. Therefore, 123 GO would not apply to the Exciting Deals offer.

Edited by Host Andy

It appears most in the US are having success with the 123 applied to existing bookings.

Have any Aussies had any success in having the Free Classic Beverage Package^ offer added to existing bookings through Celebrity Aust, for bookings made prior to the offer start date?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Hi Host Andy - good job on this thread... I am incandecent with rage that this offer does not appear to extend to the UK resident existing bookings - why are they trying to upset all the Uk guests who will be sitting next to US guests who have had to opportuntiy to take advantage of the offer for existing bookings where are they have not.

Surely they are trying to tempt UK customers away from the UK based cruise firms and not push them away. This leaves me feeling very upset about celebrity - this will be my first cruise - I hope they clear this up for UK customers so that it will not be my last.

Could you add to your list of questions for the celebrity managers the need to include other countries so that at least we will be allowed to decide whether or not to take up this offer and not just leaving us out in the cold without the option.

Hi Host Andy - good job on this thread... I am incandecent with rage that this offer does not appear to extend to the UK resident existing bookings - why are they trying to upset all the Uk guests who will be sitting next to US guests who have had to opportuntiy to take advantage of the offer for existing bookings where are they have not.

Surely they are trying to tempt UK customers away from the UK based cruise firms and not push them away. This leaves me feeling very upset about celebrity - this will be my first cruise - I hope they clear this up for UK customers so that it will not be my last.

Could you add to your list of questions for the celebrity managers the need to include other countries so that at least we will be allowed to decide whether or not to take up this offer and not just leaving us out in the cold without the option.

Jerseylilly, I so much agree, I did write to Andy as a Private Message yesterday with the above sentiments, I also said it shows they are NOT an International Company as they do not operate in a way that is compatible with doing business worldwide, my OH is adamant we will not cruise again with Celebrity if they cannot operate in an international way, he believes they are a US company trying to snare UK Clients knowing in the UK we get "ripped off" by every other company. I got an unequivacle NO from Celebrity in the UK when I raised it with them and with my TA.

Let's see if they truly care about their clients and are listening - I travel next month

Hi Iamthesea,

I asked this question previously, and was advised that Exciting Deals are not Five Star rates. Therefore, 123 GO would not apply to the Exciting Deals offer.

I found that out on the weekend

Wish they would write that these are Exciting Deal and are combinable with 123, in a 20 size font , and not 0.1 font

Will they allow someone to take the premium non-alcoholic package instead of the classic alcohol package? It is half the value yet has the (premium) bottled water. The non-alcohol package has a greater value than $300.00 OBC on a 12 night cruise (someone might be able to get their TA to prepay the gratuities).

I assume no since it is not offered, but surprised it is not an option. Edited by Jade13

I do not know if this was answered already, but can you combine the 123 Go promotion with the low deposit for booking onboard? I know you cannot combine with the OBC credit offered, but what about the low deposit and ability to use your $100.00 deposit?

We did this for an Xpedition cruise were we used our onboard booking for 2 named guests and only $200.00 down (but do not get the credit).

I have just seen this very good deal and that it is also offered your our transpacific sailing with Solstice on October 4th. Since we have already booked in November, is there a chance to receive the beverage package subsequently?
Do you think it makes sense to contact the US office of Celebrity and ask for the package? The German office is always very rude when asking for special deals.

[quote name='Jade13']I do not know if this was answered already, but can you combine the 123 Go promotion with the low deposit for booking onboard? I know you cannot combine with the OBC credit offered, but what about the low deposit and ability to use your $100.00 deposit?

We did this for an Xpedition cruise were we used our onboard booking for 2 named guests and only $200.00 down (but did not get the credit).[/QUOTE]

I realized that my TA had answered this question. The 123Go promotion can be combined with the Open Passage but you forfeit the OBC which is the same $300.00 on the longer cruises, but works out better if you want the classic alcoholic package or in some cases the pre-paid gratuities are more than the $300.00 OBC. Of course the advantage is the low deposit on cruises that are a long way off.

For those going to Europe the December promotion was a better deal because those who booked onboard received $1,000 OBC PLUS the book on board credit (so on most cruises $1,200 OBC), but maybe that is the reason european cruisers can pick two promotion offers now? Edited by Jade13

[quote name='wendy_woo']Jerseylilly, I so much agree, I did write to Andy as a Private Message yesterday with the above sentiments, I also said it shows they are NOT an International Company as they do not operate in a way that is compatible with doing business worldwide, my OH is adamant we will not cruise again with Celebrity if they cannot operate in an international way, he believes they are a US company trying to snare UK Clients knowing in the UK we get "ripped off" by every other company. I got an unequivacle NO from Celebrity in the UK when I raised it with them and with my TA.

Let's see if they truly care about their clients and are listening - I travel next month[/quote]

Hi, it isn't only UK passengers who have booked, but also passengers who would like to book, that they are treating as second class passengers, there is no way we will be booking with Celebrity this year unless this policy changes, but of course by then all the more dersirable cabins will be gone.
I am sorry that Celebrity Uk have made these decisions because they are our cruiseline of choice (24 credits) I have started to look into other companies any suggestions would be welcome?

[quote name='wisisato']Hi Andy,
it is great to read that somebody from Celebrity Management team (E.S.P. Manager) stated that Celebrity is interested in every customer should get the best cruise deal.
I have been in contact with Celebrity cruises in Germany and asking about the possibility to benefit from the 1-2-3 promo and I have received always a firm and once a rude "No!" as my Transatlantic cruise with Equinox in April 2013 was already reserved in July 2012.
I have not taken any advantage like a special offer or even OBC, so it would be good if I could benefit from the 1-2-3 promo.
Will call Celebrity in DE tomorrow morning and I am prepared to receive additional unwilling excuse "Not for your cruise." Wonder if they are aware that Corporate Celebrity is posting on cruisecritics forum and they should do business according to Corporate guidelines. For them the www and forum information is just insufficient information.
My friends from the US called Celebrity US and were told that DE customers will benefit although the cruise is reserved, but needs to handled by Celebrity DE.
I sent an email inquiry to state my concern about the service I have received with customer service in DE to Corporate Celebrity on January 11 and received a confirmation that they received the inquiry - but no anwer yet. I suppose they a swammed with emails.
Please cross your fingers for me that Celebrity DE understands the directions from the E.S.P Manager and is willing to grant me the beverage package.
Simone[/quote]

Hi ChrishB someone on page 36 was looking at this too.

[quote name='jerseylily']Hi ChrishB someone on page 36 was looking at this too.[/quote]
Thanks for the information!

@Simone: Good to hear that also other Germans made the same experiences with Celebrity Germany. Please keep us informed.

Having now read almost all 700 plus postings on this subject I feel I now have to add my own thoughts.Please note that this is my first post so feeling slightly out of my comfort zone .
I love cruising with Celebrity and hope to continue to do so in the future but, as has been said before,this particular Promotion has caused a great deal of frustration to many of Celebrity's UK customers.The one overriding issue which has never been answered is why this promotion has very specifically been denied to UK customers although it seems Australians seem to have the same problem.The silence from Celebrity is almost deafening on this subject.It seems every other question but this has been answered and it would at least show that Celebrity care about their UK based customers.I believe I could try and book my next cruise through a US travel agent to gain certain promotions but what then happens to our cruise agents in this country who appear to have very little in the way of incentives compared to our friends in the US.
I wonder what would happen if say British Airways decided to have a promotion offering flights to anywhere in the world for £100 but only for UK residents ....... don't think that would go down well and rightly so.
I am hoping that at some stage Celebrity will reply to my enquiry sent some time ago now and it seems many others have had no response either so come on Celebrity ,if you do indeed read some of these posts , and give us some straight answers.
Glad I have got all that off my chest ......Happy cruising to everyone wherever you are in the world.

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Iamthesea,

I asked this question previously, and was advised that Exciting Deals are not Five Star rates. Therefore, 123 GO would not apply to the Exciting Deals offer.[/quote]

Thank you. Helped me make up my mind whether to book now or wait for next weeks Exciting Deals. :)

I noticed that people are putting down deposits for future cruises to take advantage of the 1-2-3 GO. Didn't think about that, as i know we want to book something for the Fall, and another European cruise for next spring. How far out is this promo good for - in other words, will we be able to have the drink package/OBC or gratuity for a sailing in 2014? Edited by Iamthesea

[quote name='Iamthesea'] ... will we be able to have the drink package/OBC or gratuity for a sailing in 2014?[/quote]

Booking thru 1/27 for cruises 2/13 thru 4/14. We are in the process of making another reservation for next March. This will allow us to lock in the 1-2-3-Go! beverage package.

[quote name='Peters Wife']Having now read almost all 700 plus postings on this subject I feel I now have to add my own thoughts.Please note that this is my first post so feeling slightly out of my comfort zone .
I love cruising with Celebrity and hope to continue to do so in the future but, as has been said before,this particular Promotion has caused a great deal of frustration to many of Celebrity's UK customers.The one overriding issue which has never been answered is why this promotion has very specifically been denied to UK customers although it seems Australians seem to have the same problem.The silence from Celebrity is almost deafening on this subject.It seems every other question but this has been answered and it would at least show that Celebrity care about their UK based customers.I believe I could try and book my next cruise through a US travel agent to gain certain promotions but what then happens to our cruise agents in this country who appear to have very little in the way of incentives compared to our friends in the US.
I wonder what would happen if say British Airways decided to have a promotion offering flights to anywhere in the world for £100 but only for UK residents ....... don't think that would go down well and rightly so.
I am hoping that at some stage Celebrity will reply to my enquiry sent some time ago now and it seems many others have had no response either so come on Celebrity ,if you do indeed read some of these posts , and give us some straight answers.
Glad I have got all that off my chest ......Happy cruising to everyone wherever you are in the world.[/quote]

Welcome to Peters Wife - I am not a prolific poster but this issue has rasied my hackles... The more UK customers posting on this issue I guess the nearer we will get to a comment from Celebrity. There are upset customers from the UK in other parts of the forum too.

[quote name='Peters Wife']I love cruising with Celebrity and hope to continue to do so in the future but, as has been said before,this particular Promotion has caused a great deal of frustration to many of Celebrity's UK customers.The one overriding issue which has never been answered is why this promotion has very specifically been denied to UK customers[/quote]

I certainly understand your feelings, but frankly none of the people on this site appear to be able to answer the question.

The one answer on this site was that UK Celebrity refused to partake in the offer. Having no idea whatsoever if different countries can opt in and out, any answers would have to come directly from UK or Corporate Celebrity.

Although we are in the US, in our instance, as soon as the promotion was offered, prices for our stateroom rose $250 -- we would have to pay that rate and lose OBC. Seems lke some rates rose and others stayed the same. Luck of the draw even for those eligible.

[quote name='Jade13']Will they allow someone to take the premium non-alcoholic package instead of the classic alcohol package? It is half the value yet has the (premium) bottled water. The non-alcohol package has a greater value than $300.00 OBC on a 12 night cruise (someone might be able to get their TA to prepay the gratuities).

I assume no since it is not offered, but surprised it is not an option.[/quote]

Hi Jade,

That I know of, and from several other member reports, the answer is no. However, I have passed along the suggestion to Celebrity. Perhaps they will take it into consideration.

Hi Everyone,

FYI, I've received confirmation from Celebrity, that the 123 GO! Promotion has been extended through Feb. 18, 2013.

I hope this helps ! Edited by Host Andy