Laundry services

Fleuve51

The woman that was the recipient of the blow had a good size shiner as a "souvenir".

We're do these people come from? :confused:

YIKES

Yes they should be put off the ship then

I guess we will read about the law suit soon :D

Lyn

On the Marina, there is a handy pull out laundry line over the bathtub. Does the Nautica have a line in the bathroom? No bathtub, just shower stall in our stateroom

On the Marina, When using the laundry , Do you know, Is the soap automatically dispensed as before into the washer or do you get it from a dispenser? I would like to use my own, I as I easily break out from any TIDE type products. The detergent used on Regatta and Nautica was fine.

Thanks for help in advance!

Laurie

On the Marina, When using the laundry , Do you know, Is the soap automatically dispensed as before into the washer or do you get it from a dispenser? I would like to use my own, I as I easily break out from any TIDE type products. The detergent used on Regatta and Nautica was fine.

Thanks for help in advance!

Laurie

Last time on Marina (2011) there was a wall dispenser you had to fill the cup & add it to the washer...maybe changed by now :confused:

Looks like same detergent used on the R-ships where you had to push the button & it was dispensed directly to the washer

Last time on Marina (2011) there was a wall dispenser you had to fill the cup & add it to the washer...maybe changed by now :confused:

Looks like same detergent used on the R-ships where you had to push the button & it was dispensed directly to the washer

You could use your own. There is a machine on the wall that dilutes powdered detergent and puts a dose into a cup. You must then put it in the washer. So yes, you could use your own detergent.

They are front loading machines so you probably should use low suds detergent (HE) to be sure to get the soap out.

As for laundry service - they did have a special about 2/3 of the way through our cruise - I don't have a record of it and didn't use it since it still seemed expensive. Perhaps $20 for 10 pieces?

It is a powdered block which is mixed by the dispensing machine automatically. So what you put in the washer is a liquid - powered detergent diluted with water.

Interesting

I must have done laundry on the ships at least 20 time & always thought it was liquid detergent ;)

I will have to look more closely:D

Perhaps $20 for 10 pieces?

It is $20 for 20 pieces (a pair of socks counts as one piece). It was a life saver as our laundry was closed for almost 2 weeks and they had the special on for a while.

However, at this price your trousers/shirts are washed but not ironed and delivered folded in the laundry bag with the rest and not on hangers. Still, a good deal.

Chortle. If that's true, I had a soap-free wash in October 2011. I was pretty sure it said push the dispenser button, but maybe I'm thinking of the "R" ships.

Imagine these battles in the laundry room! I thought the dragon ladies we heard about before we over the top. But a fist fight????

Mura

Doing laundry on the Marina was a breeze -- if the washers on our floor were occupied, I just walked up or down stairs. There were always machines available.

On the R ships it is way more of a challenge with only one laundry room for 700 cruisers. On one cruise my friends had a problem with a woman who had four loads and hogged the machines. NO fist fight but . .

I think the ship's prices are fair -- far less expensive than hotel laundry prices. I just factor the cost of laundry service into the cost of the cruise. If I have an OBC, it will usually cover those costs. I really do not feel like doing laundry on vacation.

020635.jpg

Not free, but there is a self service laundrette on every passenger cabin deck, excepting deck 12.

Their location may be determined on the deck plans by the hanger icon, and there are six machines per laundrette (3 washers 3 dryers).

The machines are token operated (Tokens may be purchased at the front desk) and the cost is $2 per token (1 token to wash, 1 token to dry).

Soap is provided, but fabric softeners and drier sheets are not.

150040.jpg

The rooms are very comfy with a Sofa and a TV.

Ironing facilities are provided, and I understand that laundry baskets are a new addition.

Hope that this helped, enjoy your cruise-

JimandStan ... You are "the best" with info re O. Taking advantage of your wealth of information, do you know the hours for the laundry rooms? Also, though straying from the main post, is there a card room (or somewhere to play) on the Riviera? Thank you so much in advance.

Connie Newman (Riviera 3/28 24-day Caribbean/TA)

On one cruise my friends had a problem with a woman who had four loads and hogged the machines. NO fist fight but .

I have used more than one washer at a time when I have gone and there was no one there. If I have more than one load to do why would I do one at a time just in case someone else comes along?

Mo

is there a card room (or somewhere to play) on the Riviera? Thank you so much in advance.

I am sure Jim will have a photo

It is called the BOARD ROOM deck 14 (starboard aft section) on the deck plan

The hours posted on the door are 7:30 am - 10 pm. The sign says please start your last load an hour before closing.

This was on the Marina in January 2013

Thank you very much. I love CC with so many cruisers giving so much information. I know I could find out after boarding, but it's nice to know ahead of time. :)

On our recent South American Explorer cruise they closed the laundry room in Regatta for much of the voyage due to various reasons. Then they offered wash and fold 20 pieces for $20 US. We found that to be very handy. The clothes came back neatly folded and appeared almost as if they were ironed as well. We used that feature a number of times over the 30 day cruise.

Archived