Crown Princess Feb. 22, 2014 cruise cancelled

seacruise9

I'm sorry if this seems like a silly question, but what would be the dates of Emerald's last Caribbean cruise?

For the 2012/13 season it is 16th April S Caribbean Medley 10 days and

for the 2013/14 season it will be 18th April E Caribbean Voyager unless there are anymore changes.

Does this mean the Crown could be in Southampton in the summer/early Fall of 2014?
That is unlikely, Southampton is a summer port for ships wintering on the East Coast. Crown will be on the West Coast, so is probably going to be doing something in that vicinity, perhaps Alaska, perhaps Coastal, perhaps Hawaii, perhaps something else. We will all just have to wait until the itinerary announcements to know for sure.

Does this mean the Crown could be in Southampton in the summer/early Fall of 2014?

It could be anywhere, but the Pacific Ocean would seem more likely. If she gets to LA about April 1, 2014. It is a long way from there to Southampton

If the Crown ends up in Los Angeles after the South America cruise, have they announced where she will be going once she arrives in Los Angeles? Hopfully they have a year round (especially during the summer months) Pacific Coastal Cruises. I don't think they will do that, but I can hope! It's very frustrating that once Summer arrives, all of us here on the West Coast (including Arizona, Nevada, Utah) who have kids on their summer breaks, can't escape the heat and do a nice coastal cruise for summer vacation. They put a ton of ships in Alaska, and there is nothing in the California Market. It seems like each summer I see last minute Alaska cruises discounted to around ~$300. If they are discounting last minute Alaska cruises, it seems that they are having a hard time sailing full (it's no wonder they aren't full when there are SO many ship in Alaska!). I could be wrong about them not sailing full, but I am not sure what to make of the last minute discounts they offer. Seems to me that a Pacific Coastal cruise a couple of times during the Summer departing out of San Diego or LA would be absolutely perfect for all of the families in the Southwest/Coastal areas. With flying being so expensive and such a hassle, we love being able to drive to the Southern California area for a cruise...but we are tired of Mexico and summer time is just too hot down there anyway.

It seems like Princess is charging a decent amount of money for the few Pacific Coastal cruises they offer, and that they fill up pretty quick. Could be wrong about that too, but it just seems like a market segment (especially during summer months) that could be huge for them.

I would expect that the Crown will be in Alaska next year...

That is unlikely, Southampton is a summer port for ships wintering on the East Coast. Crown will be on the West Coast, so is probably going to be doing something in that vicinity, perhaps Alaska, perhaps Coastal, perhaps Hawaii, perhaps something else. We will all just have to wait until the itinerary announcements to know for sure.

For the 2012/13 season it is 16th April S Caribbean Medley 10 days and

for the 2013/14 season it will be 18th April E Caribbean Voyager unless there are anymore changes.

It could be anywhere, but the Pacific Ocean would seem more likely. If she gets to LA about April 1, 2014. It is a long way from there to Southampton

I would expect that the Crown will be in Alaska next year...

I have not gotten the multi-quote process down pat yet, but I am working on it.

Thanks everyone. This helps me understand Princess' scheduling. Also, my DH and I thought there would be a Norwegian Fjords cruise on the Crown in 2014, similar to the one in 2013. I see, now, we were planning too early, but we thought that was what you were supposed to do.

The 'new' Crown cruise FL to LA departing 15 February 2014, around South America will be on sale 22 January, I believe. A lot of speculation, but perhaps on arriving at San Pedro, LA Harbour, she will travel west across the Pacific, through Hawaii, Tahiti etc onto Australia ? If so, I could be interested and cancel the Golden and Sapphire I have booked for March/April next year. Have to await it being listed.

Does anybody know anymore than the above?

I saw a post somewhere where American T/A's are taking early bookings for Crown 15 Feb 2014, FLL to LA. How can T/A's take bookings before the cruise is posted on Princess website, i.e. 12 noon 22 Jan, (US time) which will be nightime on 23 Jan here.

I saw a post somewhere where American T/A's are taking early bookings for Crown 15 Feb 2014, FLL to LA. How can T/A's take bookings before the cruise is posted on Princess website, i.e. 12 noon 22 Jan, (US time) which will be nightime on 23 Jan here.

The TAs will be able to book a block of rooms.

What they are doing now is setting up a list of clients who will want to be included in that block of rooms. They are not selling actual cabins yet.

The TAs will be able to book a block of rooms.

What they are doing now is setting up a list of clients who will want to be included in that block of rooms. They are not selling actual cabins yet.

Cheers mate, I will see what Wednesday night our time brings re Crown. I could jump onto Crown and cancel my other two on Golden/Sapphire, if the prices for obstructed view on Crown for the 49 days is around $5500 at launch.

Again thanks for information.

Where abouts was the thread where someone posted the intinerary including the sea days. I have a look through three threads but can't find it.

Here afre the ports of call, but not the sea days.

Ports of Call Include:

Ft. Lauderdale

St. Thomas

St. Kitts

Barbados

Trinidad/Tobago

Recife, Brazil

Overnight in Rio DURING CARNIVAL!

Il Habala, Brazil

Overnight in Buenos Aires

Montevideo, Uruguay

The Falkland Islands

Cape Horn

Ushuaia, Argentina

Punta Arenas

Amalia Glacier - Patagonia

Puerto Montt

Santiago, Chile

Coquimbo, Chile

Overnight Option to Machu Picchu

Pisco, Peru

Lima, Peru

Callao, Peru

Punta Arenas, Chile

San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua

Puerta Vallarta, Mexico

Los Angeles

Pricing for Crown 49 days South America starting 2/15/14 (not sure if these include the port fees/taxes or not)

FARES PER PERSON FROM

INSIDE - $5,599

OCEANVIEW - $7,099

BALCONY - $8,299

MINISUITE - $10,649

SUITE - $16,849

Thanks for the prices.

We paid $6600 for a BA (balcony) on the Grand. I am not surprised to see a healthy increase.

Cheers mate, I will see what Wednesday night our time brings re Crown. I could jump onto Crown and cancel my other two on Golden/Sapphire, if the prices for obstructed view on Crown for the 49 days is around $5500 at launch.

Again thanks for information.

Les, don't wait until tonight. Prices are on the Princess website right now. Look to be dearer than you had hoped for though. There are discounts for previous Princess passengers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

When did they cancel it as we have just come off the Sun Princess and booked the Crown Princess cruise to South America for 49 days on that and confirmed it with out Travel agent

This thread was started in January (4 months ago). It was then that the 49-day Crown South America cruise was announced along with the ship moving to the west coast.

They cancelled Caribbean cruises from mid-February 2014 and forward, which is what the OP started the thread about.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I am new so if this info is somewhere else take a little pity on me...lol

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Crown princess 2011 refurbishment included the cabins? I have a 7 day in the owners suite booked for april 2015 but can't find any video on youtube less than 6 years old and was wondering about conditions on the ship

Hi,

I am new so if this info is somewhere else take a little pity on me...lol

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Crown princess 2011 refurbishment included the cabins? I have a 7 day in the owners suite booked for april 2015 but can't find any video on youtube less than 6 years old and was wondering about conditions on the ship

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You might want to try the "Reviews" tab at the top of the page. You can get both ship and cabin reviews there, if nobody gives the answer you are looking for on this thread.

As an FYI if you are new to cruising, ships are being constantly serviced and maintained by a staff of workers while at sea, not just during drydocks. I was on the Golden recently, and new carpet was being laid in the lobby area by the shore excursions desk while at sea. There was also fresh paint just applied to railings when we boarded.

Edited by Ryndam2002
clarity