TAKE A LOOK AT THIS! (it would be awesome!)

I mean Contemporary:D

Ah ok that makes more sense.

What type of room do you have? If by chance you have theme park view in the main tower as for 4748. It's a great room. Corner room facing directly towards the castle.

I don't like the feel of anything on my skin except my simple wedding ring.

I hate wearing watches, but used the wrist band while at staying at Disney last October without much discomfort. They are waterproof, so I could wear it while in the pool. I took it off at night time, and put it on in the morning. We used it for our meals, dining reservation check-in, Fast pass entrance to rides etc. I never once had to check my pockets to make sure my card was there. I would love to have a wrist band Sea Pass on a cruise, instead of having to hide my sea pass in a towel when in the pool or beach at the private islands.

Kudos to Disney! I am sure the idea will spread.

It's funny how so many people are quick to hate the thing. For those who've actually tried they can attest to the ease of use and great convenience.

Edited by UNV-IT!!!

Ah ok that makes more sense.

What type of room do you have? If by chance you have theme park view in the main tower as for 4748. It's a great room. Corner room facing directly towards the castle.

We have a 2 tower rooms booked on the atrium club level. We have 3 3/4 days that we are spending at the MK. No need to hurry as our son is almost seven and we have the in laws too. There will opportunities to return to Disney as our son gets older and this will most likely be the In laws only time. We figure if DS doesn't make it to fireworks our room will have a view. This DIS boards and easy wdw has helped the planning a lot.

FIL hates lines so we have well planned our fast pass + rides. We are also there when the load count is 4 everyday except the last which is 5. That day though has an extra hour in the am. We have a car booked for the drive to FLL for the Friday before Oasis. DA and in laws have no idea, and we are telling them the day before. It should be a blast!

But did you read the $1 million start up on this progranm. Do not think it is cost effective. I would wear it because I wear a medical alert braclet already but would every one wear one everyday of the week?

Not million but BILLION with a B. And closer to 2Billion. Because of this every new project at all 4 parks have been put on hold!

We have a 2 tower rooms booked on the atrium club level. We have 3 3/4 days that we are spending at the MK. No need to hurry as our son is almost seven and we have the in laws too. There will opportunities to return to Disney as our son gets older and this will most likely be the In laws only time. We figure if DS doesn't make it to fireworks our room will have a view. This DIS boards and easy wdw has helped the planning a lot.

FIL hates lines so we have well planned our fast pass + rides. We are also there when the load count is 4 everyday except the last which is 5. That day though has an extra hour in the am. We have a car booked for the drive to FLL for the Friday before Oasis. DA and in laws have no idea, and we are telling them the day before. It should be a blast!

Sounds good to me. Have you stayed at contemps before? It's a great resort. One of my favorites.

Not million but BILLION with a B. And closer to 2Billion. Because of this every new project at all 4 parks have been put on hold!

Construction officially begins as*AVATAR*breaks ground at*Disney’s Animal Kingdom

http://behindthethrills.com/2014/01/construction-officially-begins-as-avatar-breaks-ground-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/

Sounds good to me. Have you stayed at contemps before? It's a great resort. One of my favorites.

No, but have read, looked at lots of pics, and watched videos on line. I like the real old videos showing its construction while the park was being built. Great thought went into it, for example with how they built the rooms off-site and then loaded them into the building. Walt and his crew did it decades prior to the cruise lines.

As it turns out the Monorail is closed from 11am-7pm from January to the end of March for maintenance going into the MK. We really lucked out picking the Comtemp over the Poly or Grand FL. We can walk if we want during those hours, from the resort to the park gates. It looks like a great place to stay.

No, but have read, looked at lots of pics, and watched videos on line. I like the real old videos showing its construction while the park was being built. Great thought went into it, for example with how they built the rooms off-site and then loaded them into the building. Walt and his crew did it decades prior to the cruise lines.

As it turns out the Monorail is closed from 11am-7pm from January to the end of March for maintenance going into the MK. We really lucked out picking the Comtemp over the Poly or Grand FL. We can walk if we want during those hours, from the resort to the park gates. It looks like a great place to stay.

If the monorail lines are out they will be out for all resorts. They all pass through contemps. You won't have any issues walking. It's literally a 2 min walk across the street. Make sure you go to the roof and watch the fireworks at least once. They play the music up there too. If you get the chance dine at California grill. It's my personal favorite restaurant in Disney. Look at the times for the fireworks at MK and plan dinner during that time. Dinner and a show. Doesn't get better

If the monorail lines are out they will be out for all resorts. They all pass through contemps. You won't have any issues walking. It's literally a 2 min walk across the street. Make sure you go to the roof and watch the fireworks at least once. They play the music up there too. If you get the chance dine at California grill. It's my personal favorite restaurant in Disney. Look at the times for the fireworks at MK and plan dinner during that time. Dinner and a show. Doesn't get better

Thanks for all the great tips and advice. It is greatly reatly appreciated. When we return I will let you know how it went but I am sure it will be great!

Andrew

• 7 months later...
Now that Quantum of the Seas will have these wristbands, what does everyone think?

I for one am very happy I wont always have to keep track of a stupid card that slips into and out of my pocket about 100 times a day

How do we know that Quantum will have these wristbands.....to me it will be just fine; but for many others (just read the comments here) it won't be very appealing.....so what information has come out to say that these bands are going to be on Quantum?

We had magic bands during our Disneyworld visit earlier this year. After a day, you didn't notice wearing them at all. We used the bands for everything, food purchases, bar drinks, room entry, park entry and FastPass+ reservations. Pools with bands were no problem.

This is one change for the better I think. Did they say anything about the bands identifying C&A status?

Lou

Now that Quantum of the Seas will have these wristbands, what does everyone think?

I for one am very happy I wont always have to keep track of a stupid card that slips into and out of my pocket about 100 times a day

I thinks it's going to be really convenient, but I just got my blingy pink wrist lanyard. I had better hurry up and take a few more cruises to get my money's worth out of it before all the ships are switched over! :p

Great on the ship but I'm not so sure ashore.

MagicBands at WDW were new in 2013.

Were new to masses. They've been in test program since the beginning of 2012. Having been an annual pass holder for the last 21 years and traveling to Disney world at least 1 time a month I was invited as were many other pass holders to the original test programs. So yes years.

Edited by UNV-IT!!!

Walt Disney World just rolled out this amazing new MyMagic+ idea, and it would be really awesome if Royal Carribbean picked it up!

What is it?

A rubber waterproof braclet you wear that has a RFID chip in it. It is connected to an online account that is activated anytime you place the band against a RFID reader.

What does it do?

It can act as your room key, it can be connected to your credit card info, save photos immidietly after a crew member takes one, saves dining reservation, and the capability of much much more.

What does this mean?

You no longer would need to carry around a room key! Everything is right on your wrist! (I go through 3 or 4 of them in a week because i like to keep them in my magnetic wallet!)

Here is the info about MyMagic+ bands:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus.htm

Great Wolf Lodge has had this since quite a few years. It is very convenient.