TAKE A LOOK AT THIS! (it would be awesome!)

With all the brilliant minds around today, you would think they would be coming up with ways to get me to work without sitting in traffic for 3 hours, rather then coming up with ways to keep me from carrying around that "oh so heavy and cumbersome" room key.

Edited by DCT61

Would not care for this at all. I cannot even wear the little ones they provide on the St Martin 5 min Ferry.

I ask for a receipt and carry it in my hand or attache it to my backpack.

I wear a watch no problem, but these wrist bands just make me feel claustrophobic.

Very happy with my SeaPass Card and I treat it just like any other credit car I have in my wallet.

Additionally I really don't want to be wearing something close to my skin for a week that's transmitting signals non stop.

We have used the magic bands 3x in the last several months. There are still kinks being worked out and you still have to carry your card in case you want to charge something to your room or are on the dining plan and the magic band readers are not working. All in all though, I think it is very convenient. The waiters at the restaurants and bars have mobile readers and your dining reservations, fast passes for rides, etc are linked.

I don't think this is such a bad idea. Although, they would have to issue my wife about 250 of them in every color and design under the sun to match every freakn' dress and pair of shoes she packs. :rolleyes:

Very funny.

I don't think this is such a bad idea. Although, they would have to issue my wife about 250 of them in every color and design under the sun to match every freakn' dress and pair of shoes she packs. :rolleyes:

Oh, this is me too! :p I'd want one in pink for sure, maybe turquoise blue, black with sparkles for evening...

Seriously, I think this is a really good idea. Especially if you could have a choice of band or card, or have both.

What does this mean?

You no longer would need to carry around a room key! Everything is right on your wrist! (I go through 3 or 4 of them in a week because i like to keep them in my magnetic wallet!)

I don't have a problem with the bracelet, but why not ditch the magnetic wallet?

OMG!!! That is the funniest thing I have read all day!!!!!! :D

My daughter would be the same way!!! :):)

But did you read the $1 million start up on this program. Do not think it is cost effective. I would wear it because I wear a medical alert braclet already but would every one wear one everyday of the week?

I think your $1 million start up cost for Disney is off by a few zero's.

The Orlando Sentinel quotes an analyst saying that the project has likely exceeded $1 billion in costs

You could build an Oasis Jr for that

Edited by loudbmw

Walt Disney World just rolled out this amazing new MyMagic+ idea, and it would be really awesome if Royal Carribbean picked it up!

What is it?

A rubber waterproof braclet you wear that has a RFID chip in it. It is connected to an online account that is activated anytime you place the band against a RFID reader.

What does it do?

It can act as your room key, it can be connected to your credit card info, save photos immidietly after a crew member takes one, saves dining reservation, and the capability of much much more.

What does this mean?

You no longer would need to carry around a room key! Everything is right on your wrist! (I go through 3 or 4 of them in a week because i like to keep them in my magnetic wallet!)

Here is the info about MyMagic+ bands:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus.htm

My brother and his family (wife, DD, SIL and Grand kids) were among the first try these RFID keys during their Dec trip to WDW.

It might be nice on a cruise ship. Hopefully one day Royal will try it but I am wondering if Disney owns exclusive rights though to this item.

I think your $1 million start up cost for Disney is off by a few zero's.

The Orlando Sentinel quotes an analyst saying that the project has likely exceeded $1 billion in costs

You could build an Oasis Jr for that

You are correct. The cost of the MM+ program has exceeded $1BILLION dollars, not $1 million. Do you really think RCCI is going to spend that kind of money to replace the cards with RFID bracelets?

Plus, that entire program has been beset with mega glitches of every description since they began the tests a year ago. And they still haven't worked out the kinks. It also requires a fast and dependable park wide Wi-fi system and a complex computer program that can handle an extremely high volume all day every day. Both the wifi and the computer programs are still beset with problems- one of the reasons that they still have to rely on plastic cards as a fall back.

The whole thing sounds rosy and wonderful on paper. The reality has been a nightmare for many guests, both in the vacation planning phase, and in the in-park use phase.

Give me a nice, dependable keycard anyday. RFID enable it if you must.

Wow, I hope they do implement RFID on the ships as it seems like most of you won't cruise and the ships will be empty!

I use the band at least once a week at Disney and have been using it since November. They're amazing and work just fine. I have friends who have been using them for over eight months as part of testing. We even tested the system with a difficult stay and had everything worked out by our first night on property.

One of our recent visits I even helped a nice older couple 'figure it out' as they were quite technologically behind the times. By the end of our 25 minute wait in line together they were pros and loved the system.

RCCL won't need to spend $1 Billion on this as they won't go as all in as Disney. Like others have said water parks, hotels, and ski resorts have been doing this for years and it's a natural progression in room keys.

And to the guy who says the wife needs many colors...that's just what Disney does! You can even buy a Swarovski Crystal overlay for the band! So much more is coming, yay technology!

I like the idea of the RFID chip in the card -- it would eliminate the "demagnetizing" problem. But I would HATE the thought of having to wear a hospital-type armband, for the whole cruise. Just because it's a good idea for the kids' club, doesn't mean it will work for adults. :rolleyes:

Of course! I def would not want to wear some ugly bracelet that clashed with my outfit! Lol. I prob still wouldn't wear it even if it did match. I would just attach it to pool bag or a wrislet or better yet have my DH hang onto it : )

Walt Disney World just rolled out this amazing new MyMagic+ idea, and it would be really awesome if Royal Carribbean picked it up!

What is it?

A rubber waterproof braclet you wear that has a RFID chip in it. It is connected to an online account that is activated anytime you place the band against a RFID reader.

What does it do?

It can act as your room key, it can be connected to your credit card info, save photos immidietly after a crew member takes one, saves dining reservation, and the capability of much much more.

What does this mean?

Here is the info about MyMagic+ bands:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus.htm

I'm not sure how it works on the ships but I used it on the Disney resorts in Nov. The concept is a great idea and I loved it but had a difficult time aligning the bracelet with the door to unlock my door especially when I had an armful of conference materials with me. It needs a bit tweaking but I would definitely use it.

I found it to be very convenient in and out of the parks and other Disney venues.

Edited by nednrom

I'd be down for this if RCCL rolled it out. I'd like to have one less thing to carry off the ship or have to remember to bring with me everywhere. It'd be especially nice when I'm doing a swimming excursion, or in Coco Cay/Labadee where I don't need any other ID anyway, to only need to keep up with a towel and my snorkeling equipment. Never have been a fan of their touchy mag stripe cards.