Ultimate Specialty Package

pnsnkr

I saw this in the 'Whats New' section of Captain's Club.

Celebrity is now offering an Ultimate Specialty Package that can only be bought onboard. The details:

"Ultimate Specialty Package," which can be purchased only onboard, and features unlimited dinners in specialty restaurants of guests' choice, at least one specialty restaurant lunch, one admission to "Champagne High Tea," and unlimited breakfasts, lunches and dinners in "Bistro on Five" and, on Celebrity Reflection and Celebrity Silhouette, also at "The Porch"

Link to PDF document with details

Interesting; first thoughts below:

Presumably the price of $29 per day would be applied like the drinks packages, in other words 10x29 would need to be paid for a 10 night cruise (or would that be 11x29 for 11 days?), so a bit expensive unless you are definitely going to a speciality resto every night of your cruise.

To have the same price for all ships from Century up to Reflection, when some only have half the number of speciality restaurants for dinner that others do, makes the package a much better deal for those cruising on the newest ships.

This is one way to use a large OBC!

Although I like it, it has less value if you are in a suite or traveling with others who may not buy the package. When we travel with others we usually "do our own things" during the days (especially if at sea) and get together at night for dinner and the entertainment. Not sure how well this would work for us in situations like this.

Interesting concept, but the restaurants are all mixed up. For example, it says the Murano Restaurant is included on the Infinity, but the Infinity doesn't have a Murano restaurant as far as I recall.

Steve

None of the Millennium class ships like Infinity have a Murano, but they have the equivalent restaurants which serve generally the same menu, which are the SS United States, Ocean Liners, RMS Olympic, and Normandy. For simplicity, I believe the list refers to the Murano- level equivalent for those Millennium class ships without having to list the different names.

This looks great! Does anyone know the individual cost for breakfast / lunch / dinner at each of these locations? I would like to calculate the potential savings. :)

• Breakfast is free at The Porch. Lunch is $5 cover
  • Breakfast and Lunch are $5 each cover at Bistro on 5
  • Lunch at specialty restaurants vary. On our Reflection cruise, lunch at Lawn Club Grill was the full menu at $40 and $25 lunch menu at Murano
  • Lunch was served in a specialty restaurant on 2 of the 7 days during our cruise.
  • Dinner prices are $5, $30 or $40 depending on where you eat.
  • High Tea is ~$29

Based on all of this, if one were to eat Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner every day at these venues and one High Tea, the maximum savings one could see is about 56%.

Of course, one wouldn't be spending as much money were it not for the package; so, don't forget to factor that in the big picture equation.

I like this. I wonder if like the beverage packages you can book half way through a cruise.

I asked this question last week on the Silhouette. Specialty bookings looked to be soft since they were actively soliciting reservations up to the last day.

The person at the specialty table outside the Oceanview Cafe thought that it could be done for the remaining days (I asked about mid-way through the cruise), but he said he'd have to check with his supervisor. He commented that it wasn't being treated exactly like the drink packages. I wasn't serious about buying the package so I didn't want to bother him by having him check.

I asked this question last week on the Silhouette. Specialty bookings looked to be soft since they were actively soliciting reservations up to the last day.

The person at the specialty table outside the Oceanview Cafe thought that it could be done for the remaining days (I asked about mid-way through the cruise), but he said he'd have to check with his supervisor. He commented that it wasn't being treated exactly like the drink packages. I wasn't serious about buying the package so I didn't want to bother him by having him check.

It would make sense if you could buy it a few days into your cruise. There's no way everyone would even know about it the first day. Sounds like a great deal for those that enjoy the Specialty Restaurants.

The high tea mentioned in this package is served once or sometimes twice a cruise and is subject to a dress code as I recall

I may be testing the pro rata challenge in a few weeks time on Solstice I will report back what I discover

I also wonder if this package will be discounted further for AQ guests to relieve some of the stress on Blu now that suite guests may request to dine (or the increased number of AQ guests overall on Reflection).

On my Solstice cruise in August I was offered a 50% discount on the 5-meal dining package because I was in AQ, with a net cost of $30 per couple per restaurant.

On ships with Silk Harvest, $29 per person (or $58 per couple) this makes absolutely no sense for AQ guests who already get a specialty restaurant for breakfast and can dine for $25 pp at Silk for dinner. (And technically Blu is already a specialty restaurant anyway.)

For my upcoming 7-night reflection cruise (also in AQ), DW and I want to dine again in Tuscan, but just reading the menu I am totally uninterested in QSine and Murano was not worth $40 pp for us on any day. Similarly, based on reviews the Lawn Club at $40 pp is horribly overpriced for what is served. Therefore, even at $29 pp I would not purchase this, but if it were discounted to $15 pp for AQ we might consider trying both Murano and QSine again, as well as the Lawn Club. We did enjoy Blu and the MDR, however, but an additional cost of $30 per day total ($210) still seems steep when the cruise is short and menus are unlikely to repeat in either Blu or MDR.

Just my thoughts.

For Solstice-class ships with Silk Harvest ($25pp) this is not as good a value compared to the ships that had Silk replaced with QSine ($40pp).

really depends if you like Q better than Silk ... which we did not

Archived