Thank You Celebrity!

harry0

Last night while I was printing out my Express Pass for my Solstice Cruise next week I noticed our cabin number changed. From 7253 to 1676.

We were upgraded from a balcony to Aqua Class. I don't know why or how and I am not complaining. This is the first time after many cruises anything like this has happened. I was always content with the MDR but now we will have the opportunity to try Blu(sp). My wife is ecstatic too! Lots of high fives last night.lol

Last night while I was printing out my Express Pass for my Solstice Cruise next week I noticed our cabin number changed. From 7253 to 1676.

We were upgraded from a balcony to Aqua Class. I don't know why or how and I am not complaining. This is the first time after many cruises anything like this has happened. I was always content with the MDR but now we will have the opportunity to try Blu(sp). My wife is ecstatic too! Lots of high fives last night.lol

good for you !!

You'll absolutely love it ...

We're the same on the RF in April :)

That is so cool. I hear that once you go Blu you'll never go back... er... or something like that.

Tom

Congrats on the upgrade Harry. Enjoy Aqua Class !

1676 is Aft and a C1 - looking at the deck plans that I have (we have had 1674 before), unless you have typed the wrong room number?

1676 is Aft and a C1 - looking at the deck plans that I have (we have had 1674 before), unless you have typed the wrong room number?

No, I looked too, and 1676 is an aft Aqua Class cabin on Deck 11 of Solstice. I don't see any Concierge class cabins on that deck.

I would take this upgrade in a heartbeat, don't get me wrong - but shouldn't Celebrity at least ask you if you want to change? If location mattered to you (for reasons of motion or whatever) you might not like being moved from a more mid-ship (front to back and top to bottom) to a high, completely aft cabin. I would love, love, love to get upgraded like this, but I still maintain it should not be done arbitrarily without contacting the passenger. They may have chosen their other room for a specific reason. Am I the only one who feels this way??

Had you booked a balcony guarantee? If not I am quite surprised that they did not first ask you if you wanted the upgrade (even for free). I normally book adjoining / interconnecting cabins and would not be happy if Celebrity changed them w/o asking since AQ does not have any interconnecting cabins.

phoenix

I definitely see your point-but in this case it is not an issue.

Tommy

In matter of fact it was a guarantee-We have done these many times in the past-and we were assigned a cabin and that was that. This time we were assigned a 2b for a while(1 month) and then they changed it. We never had this happen. And I am very OK with it.

1676- Aqua Class is what is on my Xpress pass. Could they have changed the cabin's category from C! to AQ? I checked the deck plans and it is listed as a AQ. My guess is its been changed.

I've just checked a few different TS's websites and they all show the C1 as different things for Solstice!

X have it as Aqua but a lot of others have it as a C1!

Now that is going to be confusing for some that like to book 1674 which is the dead centre Aft with the bigger balcony if it is now Aqua.

I'm sailing on Equinox in 8 weeks and 1676 and 1674 are showing as C1's on X's deck plans and they are the same on Eclipse. I wonder if they have "upgraded" these rooms due to where Solstice is sailing just now then?

Enjoy the upgrade anyway, these Aft room are fabulous for the sun.

I would take this upgrade in a heartbeat, don't get me wrong - but shouldn't Celebrity at least ask you if you want to change? If location mattered to you (for reasons of motion or whatever) you might not like being moved from a more mid-ship (front to back and top to bottom) to a high, completely aft cabin. I would love, love, love to get upgraded like this, but I still maintain it should not be done arbitrarily without contacting the passenger. They may have chosen their other room for a specific reason. Am I the only one who feels this way??

ah..but he has said now that he booked a "guarantee" so it is at X's discretion to change without asking...

the only upgrade we ever got was at the check in when we were moved from a CS to a RS on Millie and even though we had wanted the CS just to have experienced it all I could say was "Thank you, thank you, thank you!!"

ah..but he has said now that he booked a "guarantee" so it is at X's discretion to change without asking...

the only upgrade we ever got was at the check in when we were moved from a CS to a RS on Millie and even though we had wanted the CS just to have experienced it all I could say was "Thank you, thank you, thank you!!"

Agreed - when you book a guarantee all bets are off. That explains it.

I would be more concerned with possible noise. After having a horrid experience being under something (I forget what) where people moved chairs for a half hour every night when I was trying to sleep, I consider a quiet location to be of utmost importance. It is not possible for me to enjoy a vacation without sleep.

I am glad you are happy with your upgrade. I'm sure you knew any cabin was possible when booking a guarantee.

YOU are one LUCKY dog.

congrats

Archived