Labadee, The best port ever. Pics too...

whitshel

So for anyone that is wondering, no you cant reserve any specific one on the ship, they may be assigned beforehand or at the time you get there. Who knows, the best bet is to be polite, ask the concierge when you get to Barefoot beach and hopefully you get the one you want. The numbering system is way different than what I thought it would be so here is the numbering of the cabanas on Nellie's Beach. This is from our cabana attendent.

#1 is the one I didn't want but would be good for families with very young kids.

IMG_1060.JPG

Again we had #7 and #8

IMG_1121.JPG

Another perspective with #1 and #2 showing placement

IMG_1122.JPG

From the water #7

20130111_142913.jpg

From the water #5 and #6 which I think would be the 2 best cabanas but there is a ladder that goes to the water so may not be ideal for some. 7 and 8 the steps actually go into the water.

20130111_142959.jpg

In October we had #3. On this sailing we had #6. It was AWESOME. The water level at #3 is too deep to stand. #6 is chest deep for about 30 yards (at least). And #6 is pretty secluded as well. Loved it! Definitely made up for getting into Labadee late (and all aboard was 4:30).

I talked a little bit about the food in post #28, it was good, not great. I guess I was a lil underwhelmed. But it was still good.

Our attendant was great, always willing to get us what ever we wanted, drinks, call for the golf carts etc. Like I said before our towels didn't arrive til after lunch, they actually come from the ship, so when we didn't have any he went and found out where they were etc... I know there are other posts out there about tipping, but please tip these guys, they work hard and will do just about anything for you.:o

I agree about the "cabana boy". He was excellent. He was always there when we needed something. He guarded our table while we waited in line to get lunch. We wanted pics from the ships photographers but they never quite made it to our area (they cruise the water taking candid shots). I left the cabana to try to find one of them and the attendant asked what I needed. When I told him he said he would go and find one for us. He came back about 10 minutes later with TWO ships photographers (we figured one was in training). Since we had purchased the ALL inclusive picture CD we wanted as many ships pictures as we could get and they took about 6 pics of us which all came out great. I will try to upload a few later.

All I can say is he earned his tip and then some.

My thoughts exactly lol I don't get it...when I'm at the beach I want to sit in the sun on the sand and walk 10 feet to get in the water :D

Not exactly sure where the need to criticize those who enjoy the cabanas comes from... Clearly they only have to walk down a few steps to enter the water - their somewhat private entrance no less. If they want to go lay out in the sand on the beach they can do that too. So they have the best of both worlds and a conceirge to boot!

The fact that I can sit comfortably while someone goes and gets my drinks just make my vacation that much better :-)

I certainly wouldn't knock anyone who just wants to laze in the sun all day with their toes in the sand. That's a wonderfull day as well.

Chaulk it up to negative people... Jerry Springer's job security.

Not exactly sure where the need to criticize those who enjoy the cabanas comes from... Clearly they only have to walk down a few steps to enter the water - their somewhat private entrance no less. If they want to go lay out in the sand on the beach they can do that too. So they have the best of both worlds and a conceirge to boot!

The fact that I can sit comfortably while someone goes and gets my drinks just make my vacation that much better :-)

I certainly wouldn't knock anyone who just wants to laze in the sun all day with their toes in the sand. That's a wonderfull day as well.

Chaulk it up to negative people... Jerry Springer's job security.

And there are those of us who enjoy the atmosphere on the beach without baking ourselves in the ultraviolet rays of the sun. I, too, don't understand the need for some to be critical especially when the author of this thread seems to have completely enjoyed his cabana and is sharing that joy with us.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Since we had purchased the ALL inclusive picture CD we wanted as many ships pictures as we could get and they took about 6 pics of us which all came out great. I will try to upload a few later.

All I can say is he earned his tip and then some.

I really want to see these pics!

So for anyone that is wondering, no you cant reserve any specific one on the ship, they may be assigned beforehand or at the time you get there. Who knows, the best bet is to be polite, ask the concierge when you get to Barefoot beach and hopefully you get the one you want. The numbering system is way different than what I thought it would be so here is the numbering of the cabanas on Nellie's Beach. This is from our cabana attendent.

#1 is the one I didn't want but would be good for families with very young kids.

IMG_1060.JPG

Again we had #7 and #8

IMG_1121.JPG

Another perspective with #1 and #2 showing placement

IMG_1122.JPG

From the water #7

20130111_142913.jpg

From the water #5 and #6 which I think would be the 2 best cabanas but there is a ladder that goes to the water so may not be ideal for some. 7 and 8 the steps actually go into the water.

20130111_142959.jpg

Are the cabanas on Nellie's Beach or Barefoot Beach? Am I right that Nellie's is open and Barefoot is suite guests/cabanas only?

Are the cabanas on Nellie's Beach or Barefoot Beach? Am I right that Nellie's is open and Barefoot is suite guests/cabanas only?

Never mind--I was reading the post backwards and see my questions were answered earlier!

• 2 weeks later...

alright! so now I want a cabanna!!

so i just went to try to reserve a cabanna for our Feb 24th sailing and it says "inquire on board." Does anyone know if that means they are all booked and if there is a cancelation they will know on board, OR do they keep a few available to actually be booked on board?

Wow!! Thanks for your amazing pictures!

I was just thinking of cancelling our OTW cabana for April, since it will only be me and my 10 yr old. After seeing your pictures..... NOT cancelling. This will be a fantastic beach day!

• 2 weeks later...

I see so much about these cabanas but I'm only interested in the waterpark area and the big slide for my daugther. What side is all of that on? How far of a walk is this from the ship? Is there a trolley or anything to get you there?

I just dont see if Barefoot beach is only for Suite Guests how on earth so many people could fit on Nellies Beach with a potential 8-10 thousand in port.

Can someone help me with the lay of the land and really just how crowded it was.

Thanks so much

• 2 weeks later...
There are always people who will be critical of others and what they

like or don't like for that matter.:eek: Why does anyone have to "get it"

or not. You don't want a cabana? Great, more choices for others.:)

Personally, I think the cabanas are wonderful (will be having my

first one in April:D)....I don't want to be out in the sun the whole time.

It is much too hot to stay out there without any shade and I will

be happy to have my cabana and share it with some other folks

on my roll call:)

Hi Lois!!

Can't wait to hear about your cabana experience. After reading these reviews, I just booked an over the water cabana for next January (for us and our friends Deirdre and Rob). Glad I read about this early on before they were all booked. got to love CC!!!

Hi Lois!!

Can't wait to hear about your cabana experience. After reading these reviews, I just booked an over the water cabana for next January (for us and our friends Deirdre and Rob). Glad I read about this early on before they were all booked. got to love CC!!!

Hi Sandi:) and the best thing of all? The day we are in Labadee?

We are the ONLY ship there:D:):D

Hi Sandi:) and the best thing of all? The day we are in Labadee?

We are the ONLY ship there:D:):D

That used to be almost always the case. Now it seems that distraction is becoming a luxury.:rolleyes: When am there on Indy this year we get to share the place with Explorer. That is more people than what either Oasis and Allure unload into Labadee.:(

Edited by Ocean Boy

I may have missed this but what transportation is available to Nellie's Beach cabana's and where did you catch it? How about going to lunch at Barefoot beach? Is there convenient golf cart transport from the farther cabana's like 7 or 8 or did you have to walk somewhere to get the golf cart? The pictures are wonderful!

Edited by torpeedo

We are heading to Labadee in the fall on Liberty. I was planning on getting a cabana while there. If I reserve one for my hubby and I, will there be enough room for my parents to hang out there with us? Which ones would be easiest for a 70-something with a cane to manage?

Labadee is great beach day. Since you are only two weeks away from sailing, I doubt that there are any Cabanas available. They are reserved months ahead. If you are in a suite, you may be able to get one on Barefoot Beach which if for suite guests only. Check with your Concierge if you are a suite guest. Otherwise, just find a nice shade tree and have a beach attendant get you some lounges and enjoy the day. Your Sea Pass card will cover drinks and rental of equipment on Labadee. Cash will pay tips and cover shopping at the Market Place. All kinds of pictures and info on this site, just scroll down through the threads. Get ready to enjoy a wonderful beach day.