Eclipse 1/12-1/26/13 Review

Clydesmom7865

I did a private snorkel excursion in Grenada. GREAT guys, lovely day included lunch and 3 stops to snorkel. Most of my tours were from the water rather than land.

Three stops to snorkel! GREAT! Water tours are the way to go.

Thanx,

jls

Thanks for the review. Watched last night's sailaway on the Port Everglades Web Cam site.

Good News and Bad News:

The Bad News: I won't be able to watch the next sailaway on the Web Cam.

The Good News: I'll be at the Sunset Bar waving on the next sailaway!

Good for you! Enjoy!

The hardest part for me is going to be not starting every day with Rum Punch and drinking the rest of the day!

Just started another load of post cruise laundry. It should be illegal to have to wash the wonderful "beach" smell out of your clothes when it is snowing outside. :mad:

Ah, not everybody.......we were C2 but were not invited......:confused:

I don't know what odd combination of calculus and physics the ship used to decide who to invite or why when I checked off the one (Bonaire) port on my slip I got two invites but it happened. I consider myself VERY lucky because I usually get passed over on this kind of thing.

I was in a C-2 concierge class cabin. I have no idea how I got chosen. I came back to the room one night and the invite was on my door asking me to select a port/day to go and advising that it was limited and the first 150 responses would be allowed to go. So I turned the form in and got the invite for Bonaire. Then a few days later found the invitation for Antigua too! I lucked out on the second one. Have no idea why they included it but they did.

I don't know what criteria they used as there were elite passengers that asked me how I got the invite because they didn't. Out of 3 of us who knew each other one is elite but traveling in a regular cabin and two of us are regular Captain's Club members but traveling concierge. The two of us got invites but the elite didn't.

I thought perhaps they did this sail away in all ports and put the random days out to almost all rooms but nope. Only those two ports and a small number of us. Way cool to go to if you get the invite though. Nothing like a glass of chardonnay and a sail away on the helipad to end the day!

We were on the ship the sailing before you. We also were invited to the heliport. We were invited and we assumed that the bar set up was to give complimentary drinks to all of the invited guests. We were charged for our drinks! I enjoyed the heliport, but thought that was very tacky! At the captains parties they give you complimentary drinks and should do the same if they invited you to attend the private heliport sail away. We are Elite members and Aqua Class guests.

I did a private snorkel excursion in Grenada. GREAT guys, lovely day included lunch and 3 stops to snorkel. Most of my tours were from the water rather than land.

Who did you do this through? We have usually spent the day at Grand Anse but this sounds nice.

Glad to hear Clydesmom liked her. We're booked in C2 on 3/9 and can't wait. Did same itinerary same time last yr on Connie and decided to do S class same time this yr. Thanks for a positive review! Do they still have the big brunch on day 12? Now I'm even more antsy to get outta winter! Does anyone else watch Port Everglades webcam on weekends to watch ships leave? Eclipse didn't leave until 6 last night.

Thanks for your review. We will be sailing the Eclipse in 40 days. It too will be our longest Caribbean cruise, although we have traveled and vacationed longer in Europe and the UK with a 10 to 12 night cruise. You do have to wear any tighter clothes early in the trip, but it is worth it.

Glad to hear Clydesmom liked her. We're booked in C2 on 3/9 and can't wait. Did same itinerary same time last yr on Connie and decided to do S class same time this yr. Thanks for a positive review! Do they still have the big brunch on day 12? Now I'm even more antsy to get outta winter! Does anyone else watch Port Everglades webcam on weekends to watch ships leave? Eclipse didn't leave until 6 last night.

The brunch was unbelievable!!! I have never seen so many beautiful ice carvings and the food.....the food...!!! The Eclipse is a beautiful ship and we were in love with her shortly after we boarded. I have never had so many "Good Mornings" in my life. You can tell that everyone is proud of the ship and she is kept spotless. There is so much to do and see. Not that we need help, but I was amazed at the way people who do need assistance or were in wheelchairs were treated. They were truly given great attention and help. We were in a C2 cat cabin and for us the little extras just make the cruise that much more special. The pillows are really nice. The buffet was way more then we expected and I enjoyed sushi more then once. All I can say is ..... ENJOY! and if you don't, I'm more then willing to give another go at it!;) Oh, in Barbados I would highly recommend snorkeling with Calbazza. You have to book it early because they only take 12 on the ship. The lunch is made by Gina and worth the trip itself.

Monika

Who did you do this through? We have usually spent the day at Grand Anse but this sounds nice.

Native Spirit Scuba. Lunch and drinks included. The guys on the boat were even sensitive to the fact I developed a migraine and had to rest in between stops. It eventually passed but they encouraged me to hydrate and stay out of the sun so it did. Can't say enough good things about them.

http://www.nativespiritscuba.com/index.htm

Just note: if you pay by credit card there it will be in Grenada dollars but appear on your CC in US. I almost fainted when I saw 166.60 on the receipt but quickly realized it wasn't US currency BEFORE I freaked and started hollering.

The snorkel spots were gorgeous, boat clean and safe, and the staff knowledgeable and entertaining. Go you won't regret it.

Thanks for the review. Watched last night's sailaway on the Port Everglades Web Cam site.

Good News and Bad News:

The Bad News: I won't be able to watch the next sailaway on the Web Cam.

The Good News: I'll be at the Sunset Bar waving on the next sailaway!

We are on the next sailing of this 14 night cruise and cannot wait ! It is also our first 14 nighter and from experience with several shorter cruises with Celebrity, the very first items I have put aside for the suitcase are a couple of outfits in a size larger ! LOL

And we'll be with you!!! We are so excited for this cruise. We've done one other 14-nighter, and believe me, those are the BEST!!!

We were in a C1 and also not invited! Kim

Hey Kim,

We SOO enjoyed meeting you guys and getting to cruise with you! Today is even sadder then yesterday -- Wayne has gone back to work and it's just me and the laundry.....lots of laundry! :eek:

Monika

The brunch was unbelievable!!! I have never seen so many beautiful ice carvings and the food.....the food...!!! The Eclipse is a beautiful ship and we were in love with her shortly after we boarded. I have never had so many "Good Mornings" in my life. You can tell that everyone is proud of the ship and she is kept spotless. There is so much to do and see. Not that we need help, but I was amazed at the way people who do need assistance or were in wheelchairs were treated. They were truly given great attention and help. We were in a C2 cat cabin and for us the little extras just make the cruise that much more special. The pillows are really nice. The buffet was way more then we expected and I enjoyed sushi more then once. All I can say is ..... ENJOY! and if you don't, I'm more then willing to give another go at it!;) Oh, in Barbados I would highly recommend snorkeling with Calbazza. You have to book it early because they only take 12 on the ship. The lunch is made by Gina and worth the trip itself.

Monika

Thanks for the great review- we are really excited, we sail Feb 23rd for 14 days as well. For us this will be our longest cruise and we can't wait. We also are snorkeling with Calbazza in Barbados- thanks to all the wonderful reviews on CC ! so glad to hear that you enjoyed them.:)

One dicey moment when I got up early to shower for a shore excursion to exit the bathroom nekid to discover we now had "neighbors" and I had not closed the drapes! :eek: :o Won't make that mistake again. NOTE to those who fool around early in the morning or wander nekid too: as we arrived in port one morning the officers on the next ship were VERY excited, using binoculars, pointing at our ship (NOT the day I forgot to close the drapes) and jockeying for position watching SOMETHING interesting going on starboard side.

I say, let them peek! I have nothing to hide, and if anything they'll regret it! :D

I forgot to mention the incredible show on the next to the last night. It is really something to behold with high ring and wire acts and the costumes and makeup are really something. It is worth seeing twice and produced a standing ovation at the end. If anyone goes on this cruise, please look up Jayhson in the Martini Bar and tell him that Monika and Wayne miss the drinks!

We were on this cruise as well and had a lovely time. I will try to scrounge up a review when I stop weeping about the subzero temperatures that now surround me.

Between that and the dirty laundry it's a real downer....:(

Archived