Oceania Rolls out new menus!!

LEESRE

Hi Jack. Was your wife able to get something better than the Smuckers mini-packets? I too love my PB but really dislike Smuckers! Too much bad stuff in it. Hoping for something more natural & less hydrogenated oils!

Would love to know. Thanks!

On one cruise we met a lady that just brought her own favourite brand ;)

I suppose if you asked way in advance of the cruise they might provide the brand you like ..maybe for a fee maybe not

Just like people asking for specific soda brands

Lyn

On one cruise we met a lady that just brought her own favourite brand

Good idea...I didn't think of that. In a couple of weeks we are leaving on Insignia for 24 days, and coming to MIA two days ahead. We will pick up a jar of her favorite!

JVNYC...She said that they usually served Smuckers PB. However on a few cruises they went to the crew galley to get the good stuff!

Edited by smilin jack

I do not believe there is a tea of a higher quality than Twinings. In fact it is what we use at home! Earl Grey for example but also the Darjeeling, Lapsang Soochong and English Breakfast - all great. You can keep your herbal teas... give me my Twinings!

Don - do you mean that these "new" menus are in fact the "current" ones?

Agree!! My wife couldn't believe the selection of teas- all of her favorites - in decaf as well. She is so used to bringing her own tea where ever we travel but Oceania was the first she found all that she wanted.

Menus are new, long and confusing so try to just order what you want. Also major changes from 2 years ago in some specialty restaurants. BUT, the quality of procured meat/fish products and the preparation has fallen so far that we can no longer can justify the premium this line charges. Just our opinion, but we are Bronze Oceania Club members.

I think you will hear the same complaint across the entire cruise line spectrum. Now that Oceania is NCL, Seabourn is HAL and Celebrity/ Azamara is RCCL....all are public companies focused on margins, revenue and profit growth.

All of these cruise lines are raising prices while attempting to increase margins by sourcing cheaper food products.

I've read a lot about Oceania's food standards remaining relatively high, I guess I'll know in a few months!

Good idea...I didn't think of that. In a couple of weeks we are leaving on Insignia for 24 days, and coming to MIA two days ahead. We will pick up a jar of her favorite!

JVNYC...She said that they usually served Smuckers PB. However on a few cruises they went to the crew galley to get the good stuff!

Don't pack it in checked baggage, when flying..........looks too much like it could be explosives.

That sounds like damned if you do, damned if you don't. If it looks like explosives in checked luggage, than the jar will be too large in carry-on!

I've lost too many little bottles of hot sauce that I'm sure the TSA guy took home with him ...

Mura

We have our 1st Oceania cruise this summer, and we are uber-excited. I am going to throw caution at the wind and eat anything and everything. But my wife just started a new diet and will be very health conscious. Does Oceania offer anything on the "Lite & Healthy" side. Vegetarian entrees? Low-fat? That sort of thing.

I am very fitness and diet conscious and found that O was very accommodating when I requested modified versions of their regular menu items (no sauce, prepared without butter, etc.) and also found some nice options on the spa menus. The salad bar at Terraces on Riviera was very good.

She will not have a problem eating well and with healthy choices and calories in mind.