Iced tea on liberty

CPA92

Is the iced tea fresh brewed or from a powder? Sweetened or unsweetened?

I drink mine with no sugar added and want to make sure I don't drink any with sugar added.

Can I get iced tead anytime? I like it in the morning instead of coffee

I drink mine with no sugar added and want to make sure I don't drink any with sugar added.

The iced tea is unsweetened. Don't know how it's made.

There is no extra charge for iced tea, but it can be hard to get outside of restaurants. I don't know of a venue on Liberty that serves iced tea, except for eating venues and room service.

There is no extra charge for iced tea, but it can be hard to get outside of restaurants. I don't know of a venue on Liberty that serves iced tea, except for eating venues and room service.

Hi Bob,

Is this the same on the Navigator? We are typical Southerners. We like iced tea and can drink it all day.

Thank you,

Debbie

Hi Bob,

Is this the same on the Navigator? We are typical Southerners. We like iced tea and can drink it all day.

Thank you,

Debbie

Yes Debbie, same thing on Navigator. This is a pet peeve of mine, but I don't understand why on the ships with a Promenade (Voyager/Freedom/Oasis class) they don't have iced tea and lemonade available in Cafe Promenade or some other venue open 24 hrs. Very rarely I've seen a container of iced tea on some days in CP.

On Radiance class, they had self serve drinks available outside 24 hrs, aft of Windjammer. On Monarch, they're available in Sorrento's 24 hrs.

I'm pretty sure it's made from concentrate, which regardless of what people think of it, is made from brewed tea. It definitely doesn't taste like fresh brewed.

I'm pretty sure it's made from concentrate, which regardless of what people think of it, is made from brewed tea. It definitely doesn't taste like fresh brewed.

You are right, it is made from a concentrate. They have big jugs of the concentrate behind the bar.

Yes Debbie, same thing on Navigator. This is a pet peeve of mine, but I don't understand why on the ships with a Promenade (Voyager/Freedom/Oasis class) they don't have iced tea and lemonade available in Cafe Promenade or some other venue open 24 hrs. Very rarely I've seen a container of iced tea on some days in CP.

Was just recently on the Navigator and the Cafe Promenade did have Ice Tea as well as water flavored with slices of real fresh fruit 24 hours every day. It was all out in plain sight at the end of the table seating in front of Cafe Promenade. The end closest to the elevators. On the Allure Ice tea was also available 24 hours at Cafe Promenade and Sorrentos.

Was just recently on the Navigator and the Cafe Promenade did have Ice Tea as well as water flavored with slices of real fresh fruit 24 hours every day. It was all out in plain sight at the end of the table seating in front of Cafe Promenade. The end closest to the elevators. On the Allure Ice tea was also available 24 hours at Cafe Promenade and Sorrentos.

That's good to hear, thanks.

I also like to drink ice tea in the morning. It is not available in the WJ for breakfast. When I ordered ice tea for breakfast with room service on Explorer last year, they actually charged me the same price as for a soft drink. When I complained, they said it was not available until after breakfast and there would be an additional charge for any time before that. After that I just went up to the WJ at night and brought a couple of glasses down to my cabin for the morning.

I also like to drink ice tea in the morning. It is not available in the WJ for breakfast. When I ordered ice tea for breakfast with room service on Explorer last year, they actually charged me the same price as for a soft drink. When I complained, they said it was not available until after breakfast and there would be an additional charge for any time before that. After that I just went up to the WJ at night and brought a couple of glasses down to my cabin for the morning.

Interesting, never knew this. I wonder what time at night they start charging for iced tea and lemonade?

from concentrate

not sweet

I'm a big iced tea drinker and I know from past cruises the tea is not very good. I brought a cheap (less than $20) plastic electric kettle and a small plastic pitcher in my suitcase and made my own every day in my cabin. The cabin attendant always had ice for me and I brought a cup to carry around on the ship. A couple of times I made my own iced tea with hot tea and ice in the Windjammer. The regular iced tea they serve is from concentrate and was better this time than the last cruise I took but doesn't compared to fresh-brewed tea.

Correct. The iced tea is very good, too! I love some cold iced tea after a long port day (because I don't drink sugary drinks, I'd rather eat my 1 dessert a day than drink it! :) ) and some nice fresh fruit with it!

In the Windjammer at lunch, especially early lunch around 11AM, the iced tea can taste like apple juice. I used to wonder why and once asked a waiter why the iced tea tasted more like apple juice than tea. He told me that the iced tea comes through the same machine tubing and spigott as the apple juice does in the morning. Until plenty of tea has passed though the tube, the apple juice residue mixes with the tea.

I don't like apple juice, so I still need to do the hot water, tea bag and glass of ice trick to make my own frershly brewed tea.

By the way, we were able to get iced tea served in a glass for breakfast in the main dining room on LIberty. There was no extra charge.

Archived