Pinnacle Grill Charges

Jalex63

Have a question regarding mariner discounts on specialty restaurants such as the Pinnacle Grill. Just made reservations for the Pinnacle on our upcoming cruise and while I am 3 star Mariner (25% discount) I was not offered the discount at the time of making the reservation and was charged the full amount. Will this get taken care of automatically or do I have to initiate a request for a refund of the discount? Also, I made reservations for 4, since I am paying for all will I get the discount for all 4 even though not all of my guests are eligible for the 3 star discount?

Hope someone can answer this.

Given that I'm logged in to my reservation online when I make a Pinnacle booking, the computer knows I'm a 3-Star. I would rather have less charged on my credit card at time of purchase than an OBC representing the discount.

Given that I'm logged in to my reservation online when I make a Pinnacle booking, the computer knows I'm a 3-Star. I would rather have less charged on my credit card at time of purchase than an OBC representing the discount.

We all would prefer that, too.:D That's just the way the website works.

I had to pay for ten of us, for my mother's birthday dinner in the PG. I did have to follow-up to get the credit back, like KK. I did receive the full credit for all ten, even though only myself and my mother (out of the ten) were entitled to the discount, because I paid for all ten.

Maybe some day :confused:

This is an item that continues to be a pain to us but this is how HAL has decided to do it. Please do not blame the website - blame management. Being in the software business, we recognize that management drives how websites work, not geeks like me.

I suspect that HAL recognizes they will get this extra discount back by OBCing everyone as they will spend it on other things - as DW and I always do.

We really don't get mad about it as we know we will spend the credits on something anyway. However, the PG manager is the one who handles causing the credit to show up - and - sometimes it has been a bit of a problem, especially when we make several PG rez online.

Oh well, if this is the only problem one has to address, then they are fortunate.

harry

This is an item that continues to be a pain to us but this is how HAL has decided to do it. Please do not blame the website - blame management. Being in the software business, we recognize that management drives how websites work, not geeks like me.

I suspect that HAL recognizes they will get this extra discount back by OBCing everyone as they will spend it on other things - as DW and I always do.

We really don't get mad about it as we know we will spend the credits on something anyway. However, the PG manager is the one who handles causing the credit to show up - and - sometimes it has been a bit of a problem, especially when we make several PG rez online.

Oh well, if this is the only problem one has to address, then they are fortunate.

harry

I LOVE your last line:D We used to have to follow up and request, but our last 2 cruises - the obc was given to us as smooth as silk:D

We're happy to have the obc - no biggie to us:D

You will get the discount as an OBC for all 4.

You will get credit for all 4.
We didn't on the Nieuw A. We were only given the choice of not getting any discount, or getting a refund for the other two people plus our 25% and having them charged on their own onboard account.

We did not received the discount automatically and still have not, after complaining to Hal via e-mail messages several times. My suggestion is also to take your paper work and be sure and check your OBC before you leave the ship. We made the mistake of not checking our account for the discount. Other than the one situation we are totally happy with our eleven Hal cruises.

Archived